Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mags Polarize Needs Changes ( Shield Sortie Abysmal )

xxswatelitexx

Mag's whole shtick is "Shield Ripping" 

Yet in Shield Sortie even at 200% ability strength she doesn't even do 5% shield strip. What makes it worse is she consumes nearly 100 energy for terrible performance.

Mags 3rd Ability needs to be overhauled and a better formula would be.

[ Boss Modifier ( Total Enemy Shield x  [ 0.25 x ( ability strength / 100 ) ] + ( Base damage x ( ability strength / 100 ] ) 

This way the ability will scale with higher levels and Mag will be able to fill her niche. 

Boss Modifier - scales from 0 to X

Basically it shows the resistance of a "Boss" unit to mags polarize. Default value of 1 would mean the base formula would do standard damage, this can be used to reduce or even increase the effectiveness of the damage. 

34 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Each frame has something "Unique" about them.

Mag is ( Magnetic ) and Magnetic is for *Drum Roll Please* Shield damage!

Literally her "Shtick" is in her name. 🤣😂

No - her whole "shtick" is Magnetizing enemies. Hence, her signature ability being MAGnetize.

Hildryn was designed as the shield frame.

10 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No - her whole "shtick" is Magnetizing enemies. Hence, her signature ability being MAGnetize.

Hildryn was designed as the shield frame.

I forgive you for getting the basics wrong.

You see Hildryn is a Radiation Damage Frame. Two of her Abilities focus on Radiation.

Mag has 2 Abilities focused on Magnetic Damage. Magnetic Damage for newbie players is the damage type meant to damage shields. 

Which means Mag should ( remember should is not the same as does ) be doing MORE shield damage than Hildryn for shields.

But due to POOR balance, that isn't the case. Hence the purpose of the thread, why Polarize needs rework

Which allows Mag to have her shtick magnetic damage, the damage type for Shields. 

21 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

I forgive you for getting the basics wrong.

You see Hildryn is a Radiation Damage Frame. Two of her Abilities focus on Radiation.

Mag has 2 Abilities focused on Magnetic Damage. Magnetic Damage for newbie players is the damage type meant to damage shields. 

Which means Mag should ( remember should is not the same as does ) be doing MORE shield damage than Hildryn for shields.

But due to POOR balance, that isn't the case. Hence the purpose of the thread, why Polarize needs rework

Which allows Mag to have her shtick magnetic damage, the damage type for Shields. 

I'll give you that Mag was an OP corpus nuker back in the day, but she hasn't been about stripping shields for a while. Magnetize  and pull are her signature abilities. I don't think her damage type is relevant to her role. Hildryn is clearly the shield frame and her kit is designed around it. 

That said, I do believe that polarized should do more scaling damage to armor and shields. She's probably better at stripping armor than she is shields now. 

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'll give you that Mag was an OP corpus nuker back in the day, but she hasn't been about stripping shields for a while. Magnetize  and pull are her signature abilities. I don't think her damage type is relevant to her role. Hildryn is clearly the shield frame and her kit is designed around it. 

That said, I do believe that polarized should do more scaling damage to armor and shields. She's probably better at stripping armor than she is shields now. 

Which is exactly why she needs a rework.

She used to be Shield Stripping Queen. 

Which is why I suggested a Formula that will not make her as powerful as she used to be, but will scale extremely well because she does percentage based stripping + flat damage. 

Archived