Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is everyone Stripping Hemocyte Armor Plague Star

(XBOX)Antonsghost

Question

2 minutes ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

You sir(or Mam) have won my vote for one of the Most Ridiculous Comments on this Forum this year! Congratulations! 🎉

...Now I admit I'm still a pretty big newb when it comes to understanding the priority order for determining weakness but I took another look at the formulas and I have come to realize I have basically forgotten almost everything I learned in just about every math class I've taken since Jr High/Middle School... and I was up there in my college years... all for nothing now lol

Both apply multiplicitively.   So -75% and +50% is     1.5*0.25 = 0.375

Aside from common choices of Shattering Impact, Oberon, Ash's Seeking Shurikens, Vauban's Bastille will remove the Hemocyte's armor. Sequentially, the Vortex of Bastille will slow the Hemocyte too.

Not armor stripping, but Sevagoth's Reap (Death's Harvest debuff) and Nezha's Blazing Chakram will appropriately affect the Hemocyte.

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And aside from Loki or Nova other frames improve the other stages how exactly?

Elytron's Warhead (4) will knock around any AI entities from the Hacked Drones to even the Hemocyte. Any pesky Infested that make their way to Cetus's gates, you can simply use the Elytron to wipe them out.

13 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Elytron's Warhead (4) will knock around any AI entities from the Hacked Drones to even the Hemocyte. Any pesky Infested that make their way to Cetus's gates, you can simply use the Elytron to wipe them out.

Yup that too. Which would use a spot we dont really use for anything at all out there to begin with, except blinking and flying, which they all do now.

19 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

I'm wondering if the kiddo's dash would strip armour. Theres that skill in Madurai that strips armour when toy dash through something

If you're talking about Sundering Dash then I beleive thats an Unairu Ability.... and yeah it should work 2 or 3 Dashes should remove all the Armor off of everything since it works in percentages.

On 2021-09-10 at 7:52 AM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to.

You sir(or Mam) have won my vote for one of the Most Ridiculous Comments on this Forum this year! Congratulations! 🎉

On 2021-09-10 at 9:11 AM, MqToasty said:

While it is true that Radiation does +50% against Infested Sinew, it does -75% against Fossilized.  As a result, it can never be the best option against Hemocyte because the Health Multiplier is always in play regardless of armor value.  Playing with the equation for the Damage Multiplier, one can see that the Corrosive multiplier will always be higher than the Radiation multiplier for any non-negative armor value:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Armored_Enemies

In fact, when not stripping any of a Level 75 Hemocyte's armor (1476), Corrosive does around 2.74x the damage of Radiation.

...Now I admit I'm still a pretty big newb when it comes to understanding the priority order for determining weakness but I took another look at the formulas and I have come to realize I have basically forgotten almost everything I learned in just about every math class I've taken since Jr High/Middle School... and I was up there in my college years... all for nothing now lol

4 minutes ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

Math is useless bruh... I could have told you that Years Ago 😝...

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sure... But Rhino provides little advantage in the Previous Stages of the bounties Soooo yeah....

It's just something to consider besides.... I never liked him anyway 😝

As for me... Im not fond of Melee so I go with the Shattering Impact method.... I normally prioritise the drone phase of the bounty while my fellow Tenno take care of the Hemocyte so I normally use Loki in groups.

but when I was doing it Solo I went with Nova.... she's just a decent all rounder even if getting the Drone to fly through The Wormhole was extremely Finicky...

And aside from Loki or Nova other frames improve the other stages how exactly?

On 2021-09-12 at 5:04 PM, Butterfly85 said:

I'm wondering if the kiddo's dash would strip armour. Theres that skill in Madurai that strips armour when toy dash through something

On 2021-09-13 at 12:37 PM, Lutesque said:

If you're talking about Sundering Dash then I beleive thats an Unairu Ability.... and yeah it should work 2 or 3 Dashes should remove all the Armor off of everything since it works in percentages.

Yep, it works perfectly fine for stripping the armor on it. I generally go for a full five or six dashes through the center of the heads just to ensure it works properly. 

On 2021-09-17 at 3:11 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Not sure how that was ridiculous. The boss is weak as hell if you armor shred, and any weapon can 1 or 2 shot it.

So let's review the comment in question shall we?

On 2021-09-10 at 7:52 AM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to.

So what exactly does it take to strip armor? A specific setup! At least to some degree; be it a single mod, a particular frame, helminth infused ability, etc. So by using 'an armor stripping setup' you are no longer playing 'whatever setup you want to' but, 'an armor stripping setup that may be close to the setup that you want'. Seeing as Armor Stripping isn't something you can do with just a consumable you do in fact have to make it part of your setup. Which is no different then the suggestion that your comment was in response to.

47 minutes ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

So what exactly does it take to strip armor? A specific setup! At least to some degree; be it a single mod, a particular frame, helminth infused ability, etc. So by using 'an armor stripping setup' you are no longer playing 'whatever setup you want to' but, 'an armor stripping setup that may be close to the setup that you want'. Seeing as Armor Stripping isn't something you can do with just a consumable you do in fact have to make it part of your setup. Which is no different then the suggestion that your comment was in response to.

A single melee weapon doesn't really make up your entire setup. Besides, good luck hitting the boss with any regular melee weapon. Your melee weapon slot is essentially free anyway.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

A single melee weapon doesn't really make up your entire setup. Besides, good luck hitting the boss with any regular melee weapon. Your melee weapon slot is essentially free anyway.

For me it is.... However other players like to go Full Caveman and roll with Melee Exclusively...

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to. The Magnus Prime I've been leveling up has been 2-shotting the heads without any major investment into any proper build on it.

It should also be noted that radiation is actually better than corrosive against infested sinew (= infested armor). The fossilized (= hemocyte health) is what takes increased damage from corrosive after you completely reduce its armor.

But you uhm... still need a setup when you uhm... bring something to strip that armor. And rad is never better for that fight.

1 hour ago, nerfinator6 said:

No point in bringing rhino when I can fully strip armor in 2s before it's done coming out of the boil.

Sure there is, there are many points to bringing Rhino even if you feel a need to strip the armor. You get Roar, plus a possible extra damage buff to either your corrosive setup or extra radiation ontop of it, and you get spammable stomp to instantly get to the next hemocyte as the current one despawns. 

Archived