Jump to content
  • 0

How is everyone Stripping Hemocyte Armor Plague Star


(XBOX)Antonsghost
 Share

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

No point to do it when you have frames like Rhino that can stack augmented shock or nourish with his roar on a corrosive multi pellet weapon. Even with just above 200% power strength he wipes out the heads instantly with that skill combo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No point to do it when you have frames like Rhino that can stack augmented shock or nourish with his roar on a corrosive multi pellet weapon. Even with just above 200% power strength he wipes out the heads instantly with that skill combo.

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to. The Magnus Prime I've been leveling up has been 2-shotting the heads without any major investment into any proper build on it.

It should also be noted that radiation is actually better than corrosive against infested sinew (= infested armor). The fossilized (= hemocyte health) is what takes increased damage from corrosive after you completely reduce its armor.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
25 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to. The Magnus Prime I've been leveling up has been 2-shotting the heads without any major investment into any proper build on it.

It should also be noted that radiation is actually better than corrosive against infested sinew (= infested armor). The fossilized (= hemocyte health) is what takes increased damage from corrosive after you completely reduce its armor.

While it is true that Radiation does +50% against Infested Sinew, it does -75% against Fossilized.  As a result, it can never be the best option against Hemocyte because the Health Multiplier is always in play regardless of armor value.  Playing with the equation for the Damage Multiplier, one can see that the Corrosive multiplier will always be higher than the Radiation multiplier for any non-negative armor value:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Armored_Enemies

In fact, when not stripping any of a Level 75 Hemocyte's armor (1476), Corrosive does around 2.74x the damage of Radiation.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

No point to do it when you have frames like Rhino that can stack augmented shock or nourish with his roar on a corrosive multi pellet weapon. Even with just above 200% power strength he wipes out the heads instantly with that skill combo.

No point in bringing rhino when I can fully strip armor in 2s before it's done coming out of the boil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to. The Magnus Prime I've been leveling up has been 2-shotting the heads without any major investment into any proper build on it.

It should also be noted that radiation is actually better than corrosive against infested sinew (= infested armor). The fossilized (= hemocyte health) is what takes increased damage from corrosive after you completely reduce its armor.

But you uhm... still need a setup when you uhm... bring something to strip that armor. And rad is never better for that fight.

1 hour ago, nerfinator6 said:

No point in bringing rhino when I can fully strip armor in 2s before it's done coming out of the boil.

Sure there is, there are many points to bringing Rhino even if you feel a need to strip the armor. You get Roar, plus a possible extra damage buff to either your corrosive setup or extra radiation ontop of it, and you get spammable stomp to instantly get to the next hemocyte as the current one despawns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I was on hiatus the first times plague star was around, and I've only done it once yet cause I've been busy with work. 

Does Ash's Shuriken armor strip work, or is Hemocyte immune to that particular ability? I don't see anything one way or the other on the wiki but I may be missing it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I was on hiatus the first times plague star was around, and I've only done it once yet cause I've been busy with work. 

Does Ash's Shuriken armor strip work, or is Hemocyte immune to that particular ability? I don't see anything one way or the other on the wiki but I may be missing it. 

I haven't tried it but I would be surprised if it doesn't work. Not by any means an expert on the game though but I feel that if you can strip with shattering impact you should be able to do it with shuriken.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

I haven't tried it but I would be surprised if it doesn't work. Not by any means an expert on the game though but I feel that if you can strip with shattering impact you should be able to do it with shuriken.

 

40 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Works just fine :)

Hell yeah. 

Thanks. : )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sure there is, there are many points to bringing Rhino even if you feel a need to strip the armor. You get Roar, plus a possible extra damage buff to either your corrosive setup or extra radiation ontop of it, and you get spammable stomp to instantly get to the next hemocyte as the current one despawns

Sure... But Rhino provides little advantage in the Previous Stages of the bounties Soooo yeah....

It's just something to consider besides.... I never liked him anyway 😝

As for me... Im not fond of Melee so I go with the Shattering Impact method.... I normally prioritise the drone phase of the bounty while my fellow Tenno take care of the Hemocyte so I normally use Loki in groups.

but when I was doing it Solo I went with Nova.... she's just a decent all rounder even if getting the Drone to fly through The Wormhole was extremely Finicky...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sure... But Rhino provides little advantage in the Previous Stages of the bounties Soooo yeah....

It's just something to consider besides.... I never liked him anyway 😝

As for me... Im not fond of Melee so I go with the Shattering Impact method.... I normally prioritise the drone phase of the bounty while my fellow Tenno take care of the Hemocyte so I normally use Loki in groups.

but when I was doing it Solo I went with Nova.... she's just a decent all rounder even if getting the Drone to fly through The Wormhole was extremely Finicky...

And aside from Loki or Nova other frames improve the other stages how exactly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Aside from common choices of Shattering Impact, Oberon, Ash's Seeking Shurikens, Vauban's Bastille will remove the Hemocyte's armor. Sequentially, the Vortex of Bastille will slow the Hemocyte too.

Not armor stripping, but Sevagoth's Reap (Death's Harvest debuff) and Nezha's Blazing Chakram will appropriately affect the Hemocyte.

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And aside from Loki or Nova other frames improve the other stages how exactly?

Elytron's Warhead (4) will knock around any AI entities from the Hacked Drones to even the Hemocyte. Any pesky Infested that make their way to Cetus's gates, you can simply use the Elytron to wipe them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Elytron's Warhead (4) will knock around any AI entities from the Hacked Drones to even the Hemocyte. Any pesky Infested that make their way to Cetus's gates, you can simply use the Elytron to wipe them out.

Yup that too. Which would use a spot we dont really use for anything at all out there to begin with, except blinking and flying, which they all do now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

I'm wondering if the kiddo's dash would strip armour. Theres that skill in Madurai that strips armour when toy dash through something

If you're talking about Sundering Dash then I beleive thats an Unairu Ability.... and yeah it should work 2 or 3 Dashes should remove all the Armor off of everything since it works in percentages.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...