Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is everyone Stripping Hemocyte Armor Plague Star

(XBOX)Antonsghost

Question

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No point to do it when you have frames like Rhino that can stack augmented shock or nourish with his roar on a corrosive multi pellet weapon. Even with just above 200% power strength he wipes out the heads instantly with that skill combo.

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to. The Magnus Prime I've been leveling up has been 2-shotting the heads without any major investment into any proper build on it.

It should also be noted that radiation is actually better than corrosive against infested sinew (= infested armor). The fossilized (= hemocyte health) is what takes increased damage from corrosive after you completely reduce its armor.

25 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Or just reduce the armor so you can play whatever setup you want to. The Magnus Prime I've been leveling up has been 2-shotting the heads without any major investment into any proper build on it.

It should also be noted that radiation is actually better than corrosive against infested sinew (= infested armor). The fossilized (= hemocyte health) is what takes increased damage from corrosive after you completely reduce its armor.

While it is true that Radiation does +50% against Infested Sinew, it does -75% against Fossilized.  As a result, it can never be the best option against Hemocyte because the Health Multiplier is always in play regardless of armor value.  Playing with the equation for the Damage Multiplier, one can see that the Corrosive multiplier will always be higher than the Radiation multiplier for any non-negative armor value:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Armored_Enemies

In fact, when not stripping any of a Level 75 Hemocyte's armor (1476), Corrosive does around 2.74x the damage of Radiation.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

No point to do it when you have frames like Rhino that can stack augmented shock or nourish with his roar on a corrosive multi pellet weapon. Even with just above 200% power strength he wipes out the heads instantly with that skill combo.

No point in bringing rhino when I can fully strip armor in 2s before it's done coming out of the boil.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sure there is, there are many points to bringing Rhino even if you feel a need to strip the armor. You get Roar, plus a possible extra damage buff to either your corrosive setup or extra radiation ontop of it, and you get spammable stomp to instantly get to the next hemocyte as the current one despawns

Sure... But Rhino provides little advantage in the Previous Stages of the bounties Soooo yeah....

It's just something to consider besides.... I never liked him anyway 😝

As for me... Im not fond of Melee so I go with the Shattering Impact method.... I normally prioritise the drone phase of the bounty while my fellow Tenno take care of the Hemocyte so I normally use Loki in groups.

but when I was doing it Solo I went with Nova.... she's just a decent all rounder even if getting the Drone to fly through The Wormhole was extremely Finicky...

17 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I was on hiatus the first times plague star was around, and I've only done it once yet cause I've been busy with work. 

Does Ash's Shuriken armor strip work, or is Hemocyte immune to that particular ability? I don't see anything one way or the other on the wiki but I may be missing it. 

I haven't tried it but I would be surprised if it doesn't work. Not by any means an expert on the game though but I feel that if you can strip with shattering impact you should be able to do it with shuriken.

1 hour ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

I haven't tried it but I would be surprised if it doesn't work. Not by any means an expert on the game though but I feel that if you can strip with shattering impact you should be able to do it with shuriken.

40 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Works just fine :)

Hell yeah. 

Thanks. : )

Archived