Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite weapons

(XBOX)MarineDawg

So Tenno.  The end game of Warframe is upon us.  Some may argue that it is Fashion, others will claim endless SP missions (these don't seem to show in leader boards but I digress) The end game of Warframe in my eyes is interacting on these forums but this isn't the purpose of this posting. 

I am curious to know what weapons everyone likes to use.  Not meta weapons of OP weapons but the ones you just say to yourself I am going to use this because I have fun using it.  It may not be the best but it is your goto when you want to just have fun. 

For me the breakdown may be viewed as boring but hey it is my fun, not yours ;-) 

Primary: Quanta Vandal, Trumna

Secondary: Mara Detron (now Tenant Detron,) Sepulcrum

Melee: Machete Wraith, Ohma (with range) 

Of course this is subject to change at any given moment and being currently at work there may be some that don't come to mind but what weapons do you just enjoy the Hek out of Tenno? 

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

So Tenno.  The end game of Warframe is upon us.  Some may argue that it is Fashion, others will claim endless SP missions (these don't seem to show in leader boards but I digress) The end game of Warframe in my eyes is interacting on these forums but this isn't the purpose of this posting. 

I am curious to know what weapons everyone likes to use.  Not meta weapons of OP weapons but the ones you just say to yourself I am going to use this because I have fun using it.  It may not be the best but it is your goto when you want to just have fun. 

For me the breakdown may be viewed as boring but hey it is my fun, not yours ;-) 

Primary: Quanta Vandal, Trumna

Secondary: Mara Detron (now Tenant Detron,) Sepulcrum

Melee: Machete Wraith, Ohma (with range) 

Of course this is subject to change at any given moment and being currently at work there may be some that don't come to mind but what weapons do you just enjoy the Hek out of Tenno? 

1st you may think why
Then think how
L1 btw
2K275CP.png

The weapons i often use for 95% of missions including Sorties, Arbitration and Steel Path:

Primary: Ferrox - Mostly for its Alt-Fire, i built mine for Viral + Eletric and often use it in corridors or places where i know lots of mobs will spawn/move through wile im busy keeping another area in check.

This is in Steel Path: https://i.imgur.com/iclsuVF.mp4

Secondary: Catchmoon - Build mine for Full Crit. Catchmoon still deals substancial damage and im very fond of PunchThrough which the Catchmoon has endless amount when dealing with mobs. The projectile`s range/falloff isnt much an issue for me, i have Lethal Momentum (+40% Projectile Speed/Range) on the Exilus and my Zephyr is built with Jetstream Augment and 155% Power strength which gives my Catchmoon an additional +155% Range.

Melee: Skana Prime - Substantial damage and very high base crit, built with Sacrificial Steel and a Riven giving it over 150% Crit chance with a 6x Crit multiplier. I also use the Bright Purity mod on mine to boost the damage and give the Syndicate effect which procs a guaranteed Corrosive stack wile also healing 25% of my frame`s max health.

Primary: Kuva Zarr since I've always liked the idea of the Zarr and the aestethics of old cannons. Plus the cluster bombs makes me thing of Worms. 

Secondary: Knukor or Tcycron since I've always liked death rays, beam weapons, lances and chaining weapons/abilities.

Melee: Silva & Aegis Prime. Because you cant be part of a shield wall without a shield, and setting things on fire just makes it more norse appropriate. It is Surt approved. Plus, being able to combine high heat with viral along with forced slash from the stance is just too good to pass up on. The combat style also looks brutal and agile.

My preferred weapons are below:

Prisma grinlok, steadily taking down enemies in one hit as you slowly move ahead or retreat is oddly satisfying.

Rattleguts secondary with high status and fire rate with pax charge arcane , when aiming is a detriment.

Cyath zaw (machete grip) with exodia brave arcane cause I love the flow of the cyclone kraken stance.

This isn't the end-game.  It's another story quest.  And there will be more story quests after it.

As for the weapons I like to use:

• Tenet Envoy: I'm loving this in non-open world missions.  With Primed Firestorm it just clears the hugest areas, and the ability to steer it to make really nuanced shots is fun.
  • Nikana Prime: It cut good, it feel good.  Nice when I'm looking for a short break from the Envoy so it can passively reload.

There are plenty of other weapons I enjoy, but those are the ones that are tickling me right now.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

;-) 

Trumna

Ah yes, Trumna is one of my favs too even though there are better primaries. Something about the feel and sound of the weapon, and the glorious fireworks when you use the alternative fire. 

Tip; Use it with Gauss, Wisp or anything that buffs fire rate of the weapon and you'll be laughing like a madman spraying that thing in the crowds. 

Of secondary weapons, long time ago Sonicor was a big favourite because not only did it do good damage in an area, it also ragdolled everything making it am awesome crowd control weapon. Nowdays been using Aksomati Prime and Kuva Nukor more.

Melee: Zaws, because you can get the arcane on them that lets your throw it. 

primaries: LMG- type rifles such as Supra Vandal, Quellor, Trumna and Soma Prime. I like having hunderds of bullets on hand and being  able to suppress groups of enemies, also lever action Rifles like Prisma Grinlok and Sybaris family.

secondaries: revolvers, mainly Akmagnus and Akvasto Primes, Aklex Priems and sometimes machine pistols like Kuva Twin Stubbas or Aksomati Prime.

Melee: Polearms, heavy blades, Nikanas, Two Handed-Nikanas and Dual Swords. specific weapons include Guandao prime, Galatine Prime, Tatsu, Tonbo and Dual Ether Swords.

I’m a big fan of “Ol’ Reliable”-feeling weapons, and for me, the Argonak, Lato, and Heat Dagger fit the bill.

Argonak mainly because of that deliciously crunchy sound, but it’s also got some cool tricks like its Amalgam mod and highlighting enemies when ADSing. I’m also a fan of the idea that it’s got an answer for multiple situations; full auto for close status-filled encounters, and semi-auto for long distance hard hitting shots. It’s not as accurate at too far a distance, but I find it accurate enough for the most part.

Lato because it’s a solid little sidearm. It fires fast, reloads fast, decently accurate, and feels good for quick-draw hipfire, so I don’t really feel the need to tweak it beyond what it currently is, and thus only need to make sure it hits hard enough for the missions I take it into. I haven’t gotten it up to 110 enemies yet, but it’s getting there.

Heat dagger feels like a “No muss no fuss” weapon, and I partially focused on it because of the Argonak’s amalgam mod. It’s got a solid heat proc slam that successfully distracts enemies briefly by setting them on fire, giving me a wider window to work, and its slash procs give me some good damage against hardened targets. It struggles a little against Corpus, but my Argonak is more my Corpus killer

Right now I have a few favourites for each category.

Primary: Kuva Ogris, Arca/Tenet Plasmor, Fulmin, Cedo 

Secondary: Epitaph, Kompressa, Pyrana Prime, Velox

Melee: Dual Kamas Prime, Reaper Prime, Kronen Prime, Nikana prime

If I had to nail it down to 3 it would be Plasmor, Epitaph and Nikana Prime.

My old love was the Soma Prime. That was the first weapon I ever really invested into when I started playing but it's kinda been left behind over the years as AoE became the meta. I used to use that gun religiously with Argon Scope and my trusty Nikana Prime. Gonna have to go back to update my build and take it out for a spin. 

Primary rifle kitguns. Aerial Ace + Pax Soar together are magically fun, unfortunately it's only possible to experience while using Tombfinger, Gaze, Rattleguts and Vermisplicer but try it sometime! Pair it with the obvious, Zephyr, or the less obvious of warframes that also gain benefits from flying like Wisp, Protea and Titania.

Archived