Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please please, let me cover Konzu's mouth

Tuli_Donitsi

11 minutes ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

Because I just clicked "Infestation?" by accident and now I have to listen to him for the second time for another 3 minutes and I just want to shove this Catabolyst grenade in his babbling mouth.

Alt + F4 and reloading the game is probably a lot quicker. 

Or just go make a sammich or something idk. 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Onkko?

"Saya... If he- if Onkko- if I could have shown her how catalogues of possible futures fanned out from the moment I could choose, could have chosen, to stay, none of them end, ended, well. None, save one: this one. The one where I left. (sigh) This future ends so well for her, for Konzu, for Cetus. As eviscerating a choice as it was, it was the only one I could live with. Some day, I swear, this is- but- this was... this will be borne out. Speak of this no more. To be crushed by the singular excruciates. (sigh) What's done is done. Enough."

38 minutes ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

DE, please please, let me cover Konzu's mouth

I agree its pretty annoying when he pops his face on the screen repeatedly talking about stuff we already know, especially during Plague Star.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

Thought we were going to talk about his uncanny valley mouth and skull shape. Eating large slabs of building material leaves you looking like a sewer mutant or an evolved Chihuahua. 

71429f0b03d8db29f3470987a5d4ab01.png

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Did%252Byou%252Bget%252Ball%252Bthat.png

"Infestation. My uncle, Hinmun, sold minerals aboard a market near Eris. Quite popular with deep-system traders. At least, it was. They were broadsided by one of these boils. It spread fast. They could have run; risked taking it with them. Instead, they turned off life support and blew out escape pods. Decades later, it still orbits Eris, writhing. One voice repeating the same message, over and over, 'We are death. Leave us, and do not look back.' My uncle's voice. Fail here, Tenno, and that will be the fate of Cetus. To be warning for the living. From a place where none may tread."

"Dark times, killer. In times past, we've lost entire markets, entire clades, to the Infestation. That cannot happen here, Cetus must survive."

"Vay Hek. He has toxin enough to destroy the boil, but no! He wants it to flourish! Why? To see the Infested to succeed where he has failed. To see them destroy Cetus!"

12 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I agree its pretty annoying when he pops his face on the screen repeatedly talking about stuff we already know, especially during Plague Star.

That, at least, you can fix. Just have the host open the nightwave menu, everyone will shut up and the waypoint will appear instantly. It seems as if the only way to fight annoyance is to bring a bigger annoyance. Pay evil unto evil, I suppose.

I've made whole threads about this and been dead serious.  We need skippable dialogue.  It's been a thing since the Super Nintendo Era.  I don't understand why I have to listen to Simaris' whole "let me tell you how my day was even though you didn't f*cking ask" every time I turn in or accept a scan target.  Onko, Konzu, and so many others have zero option to speed through the dialogue.  It's maddening.

Yeah this annoyed me too after I realised you didnt need to click "infestation" and I accidentally did it again soon after because its logically the one youd choose to start the event. And, no way to skip it even after hearing it once. 

I never understood unskippable cut scenes and dialogue, if someone doesn't want to see/hear it theyll just do something else anyway like browse phone, go to toilet or saw their arm off to avoid it. 

Especially when its in no way important for understanding the mission. 

I bet next new Warframe will be a scribe and to unlock his parts youll have to listen unskippable stories from Konzu, considering how DE has been in the habbit of forcing us to do things we hate (looking at you Yareli quest) 

Archived