Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime Details Are Terrible

Djolltax

The changes made to Nidus Prime's details are garbage. They now use the old mutation looks with the flaps of skin coming off, no tentacle coverage on the body.

This is awful. Why would I use Nidus Prime with tennogen skins if the best part of it is taken away?

I highly advise DE revert their changes so that tennogen skins with prime details use prime mutation, otherwise the hype for Nidus Prime will die off even faster.

6 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

What exactly changed? Did it use the golden bits that expand like the prime version before and now its just the basic expanding flesh bit?

Before the changes, the prime mutation effects (arm spokes and tentacles) happened on the tennogen skins. Now, these prime mutation parts have been replaced with the old system of the skin flaps opening up like on regular Nidus.

Maybe the Prime Mutations on Tennogen skins wasn't intentional.

Replacing the "skin flaps" with "prime tentacles" would remove the core flavour of the skins.

However, if it was like a toggle, like with Rhino Primes (extra bits) then sure, as it would become a choice the player could make.
That way non-prime skins would still have their "nidus special flavour" animations while still be able to change them to the Prime mutations if wanted to.

The whole Prime Access is a let down for me. 

Strun is good stat-wise but is single target in a game that just got two S-tier group-clearing shotguns that are much more viable in the vast majority of the game.

Magnus has way too much zoom and has weak audio design, even compared to the original. Sounds almost suppressed or like some kind of energy weapon. 

Mech skin is cool but how much do you actually use it and the head spinning looks absolutely rediculous. It only works for the base skin and needs to just be removed at this point.

Orbiter decorations are cool I guess.

Synadana is... meh. Only really works with Nidus but even then I prefer many others. 

Then Nidus Prime himself. The biggest let down of them all. The base design itself is way too similar to his normal version for my liking but now he has a shiny arm and the mutations just look awful. Like a fat venom. Why is he so wide? Then there's the bugs with the other skins/helmets like the mutations not working properly, entire chunks of the model invisible and the base Nidus Prime skin on the legs from the knees downwards having no stacks at 20+ when the rest of the body is covered even without armour pieces equipped. Not sure if that's a bug or intentional but it looks absolutely stupid. I'm also not a fan of how the prime details look when he has the stacks. No way I'd use this over deluxe.

Very disappointing. 

I was hoping DE would do something special with the nidus...either an umbra version or something different. But the prime option was to get money into the company. That's the only explanation. And the prime version of nidus didn't please anyone. Unfortunately mistakes happen!

On 2021-09-11 at 11:30 AM, PrinceDamien said:

Replacing the "skin flaps" with "prime tentacles" would remove the core flavour of the skins.

This

The prime tentacles are cool but I feel it would be too distracting on tennogen skins. Some of them also have very nice skin flaps which I like over the prime tentacles.

On 2021-09-11 at 1:23 PM, Vaml77 said:

And the prime version of nidus didn't please anyone.

Well it pleased me, a lot.

I'm actually annoyed they 'fixed' the Technocyte skin. 
I bought that skin explicitely because it didn't do ANY Mutation at all with Prime Details toggled on. Made a whole theme around that lack of mutation, kind of made him look like a mech  
Then they fixed it, And now the mutation happens. Now I'm sad. 

3 hours ago, Xantelian said:

The whole Prime Access is a let down for me. 

Strun is good stat-wise but is single target in a game that just got two S-tier group-clearing shotguns that are much more viable in the vast majority of the game.

Magnus has way too much zoom and has weak audio design, even compared to the original. Sounds almost suppressed or like some kind of energy weapon. 

Mech skin is cool but how much do you actually use it and the head spinning looks absolutely rediculous. It only works for the base skin and needs to just be removed at this point.

Orbiter decorations are cool I guess.

Synadana is... meh. Only really works with Nidus but even then I prefer many others. 

Then Nidus Prime himself. The biggest let down of them all. The base design itself is way too similar to his normal version for my liking but now he has a shiny arm and the mutations just look awful. Like a fat venom. Why is he so wide? Then there's the bugs with the other skins/helmets like the mutations not working properly, entire chunks of the model invisible and the base Nidus Prime skin on the legs from the knees downwards having no stacks at 20+ when the rest of the body is covered even without armour pieces equipped. Not sure if that's a bug or intentional but it looks absolutely stupid. I'm also not a fan of how the prime details look when he has the stacks. No way I'd use this over deluxe.

Very disappointing. 

While I dont agree with your whole post, the knee thing its terrible. It should have a full body mutation TBH, given how everything changes and he looks like gym guys that skipped legs day xD

4 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

Wasted money on tennogen to find out the mutation doesn't work. I feel like DE just didn't want to put in the extra work.

"DE never said Nidus Prime's mutated tentacle form would work on other skins & I just assumed it would be the case therefor it's their fault"

4 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

"DE never said Nidus Prime's mutated tentacle form would work on other skins & I just assumed it would be the case therefor it's their fault"

DE never said they wouldn't either. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

I'd like them to make more of the prime details work on tennogen.

thankfully I think his Prime looks OK, but I also have the Phryke deluxe. that Tennogen skin for him is ok, but I like him to be one nasty-a$$ infested abomination frame lol.

seriously, take Nidus' vanilla skin and make it light pink or Skin colours, with red Emissives: my clan cringes in disgust whenever I bring him out, it's awesome!

The best possible solution would to add a new toggle on Nidus Prime when using Tennogen skins: a Prime Mutation toggle on the Arsenal, just like Prime Details.

You want to use a Tennogen and the old Mutation effects? Just toggle Prime Mutations off.
You want to use a Tennogen with the new Mutation effects? Just toggle Prime Mutations on.

It would literally please everyone about the Mutation visuals design (or almost everyone unless you don't want any Mutations visual in your Nidus at all).
No idea on how easy or hard actually implementing this in the game can be, though.

17 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

The best possible solution would to add a new toggle on Nidus Prime when using Tennogen skins: a Prime Mutation toggle on the Arsenal, just like Prime Details.

You want to use a Tennogen and the old Mutation effects? Just toggle Prime Mutations off.
You want to use a Tennogen with the new Mutation effects? Just toggle Prime Mutations on.

It would literally please everyone about the Mutation visuals design (or almost everyone unless you don't want any Mutations visual in your Nidus at all).
No idea on how easy or hard actually implementing this in the game can be, though.

They said when they changed Gara Splinter Storm that making toggle can cause more problem and that why they decided against it. So I don't think the chance of us getting toggle for this is favorable, as much as I would want a toggle.  

I might be the odd one here since I was hoping that they would use the same mechanic of opening flaps in the new prime skin, but with slightly different looks on his body. Personally not a fan of just covering his whole body with another layer of substance (tentacle with Prime, metal plating with Phryke). But I don't have his Prime yet so I might change my mind when looking at how good/bad it is. 

6 hours ago, AzureScion said:

I might be the odd one here since I was hoping that they would use the same mechanic of opening flaps in the new prime skin, but with slightly different looks on his body. Personally not a fan of just covering his whole body with another layer of substance (tentacle with Prime, metal plating with Phryke). But I don't have his Prime yet so I might change my mind when looking at how good/bad it is. 

He deserves an unique toogle like Equinox

Equinox has a toggle for starting phase of the warframe

Nidus could have a mutation lock which would let you put a visual lock on one of his 4 stages. Like if you only want the infestation to partialy cover his arm and part of the chest without going any further

14 hours ago, -Krism- said:

fact is they worked before, and they removed it. so this isnt really an argument.

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

fact is they worked before, and they removed it. so this isnt really an argument.

The mutation part of the original skin (the flappy armor bits) completely disappeared instead of being simply replaced, that's different

I didn't say I didn't want the tentacles for all skins with prime details enabled, I'd like to see it too actually, but I'm just saying it was never intentional like Deminisis implied

Archived