Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime Support Build?

CrimsonDarkLord

I can't seem to properly understand Oberon's abilities. If I'm looking at building more of a support build for Oberon that focuses more on the Renewal ability, what should I be at for Strength, Duration, Range and Efficiency?

I'm assuming Efficiency helps with the energy depletion for Renewal. What does Duration do for support abilities?

Is it worth using up a mod slot for Phoenix Renewal?

To invest in all 4 seems like a waste.

Any advice would be great!

It all depends on how you want to run it. Oberon is a frame that you don't necessarily want to gut any one stat for another because his support comes from the interplay between two (if not three) out of four of his abilities.

Oberon has some good support options in him with Renewal and its augment (Phoenix Renewal) but you shouldn't forget that all of his other skills feed into support themselves.
You'll put an armor buff on your allies as long as you keep up Renewal and tie it in with his Hallowed Ground, which also makes allies immune to status effects. Smite is one of the strongest first abilities (opinion) in the game since it does damage based on enemy health.
Radiation procs will keep enemies from buffing their allies, and taking aggro off your teammates and various defense objectives is always useful, and his Reckoning has a great armor strip on it if enemies are walking in your Hallowed Ground, on top of knocking them down and applying those aforementioned (and plentiful) radiation procs.

His true power only shows up once you're using them in sequence.

But you're here for the builds.
I have several builds for him (see: five loadout slots).

The basics are *Intensify, *Vitality, *Flow, Stretch, *Steel Fiber, Rage (or Hunter Adrenaline) and *Continuity. This leaves one open slot for any augment you'd like and a stat distribution of +130% Strength, +145% Range, and +130% Duration, making your buffs reasonably powerful without undercutting anything too severely. If you want to keep your Hallowed Ground up more often, swap Stretch for Constitution to bring that Duration up by +28% while also giving you faster knockdown recovery.

My personal favorite auras (outside of a Mecha mod set I use that replaces the free augment slot with one of the set mods alongside the aura slot; Mecha set boosts already batty armor gains even further, making you a great tank) tend to be Combat Discipline (lose 10 health on kill, allies gain 20 health on kill; to assist in keeping allies healed up) or Enemy Radar (to help overall situational awareness).
Stand United (+25.5% Armor), Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, and Shepard (+300 Companion Health, +180 Companion Armor) are also good picks.

As far as the Exilus slot goes... have at it. Any mod here is a great boon wherever you need it. I personally run Preparation so I always start the mission capped out on energy, allowing me to immediately buff anyone who's going to rush ahead.

(*You can swap these mods out for Primed and Umbral variants for an increased +170% Strength and +155% Duration, alongside a larger energy pool, more health, and more armor.)

Hope this helps!

Wow thanks for all the info!

Can you share some feedback on this build of mine?

https://overframe.gg/build/215149/

You can ignore the Aura mod for now, I just need to wait til I have an Aura Forma for it.

I was tossing up between using basic mods with +% increases or corrupted mods and using other mods to balance out the negative effects.

My support build is almost entirely power strength.  To the point that I have replaced his 1 with Empower and I use growing power in my aura slot.  155% duration, 80% efficiency, 100% range and 260% power strength before aura or empower.  I also sometimes bring a kitgun with Pax Bolt on it for even more power strength.  With Hunter Adrenaline and Arcane Energize I basically never run out of energy unless I'm spamming his 2 and 4 for the armor strip.  It's pretty boring since it's literally just for tanking, but it maintains well enough that I've hit the top spot in the leaderboards in arbitration survivals with it.

don't have the build on me, but the gist of it is this:

- high strength and duration: duration actually reduces energy drain on powers that drain over time.

- Rage to get energy back through tanking. Oberon can become very tough with a strong Renewal, and you also get an armor bonus if you're on Hallowed Ground. thankfully Rage still works when draining powers are active, whereas Pizzas/Zenurik have to be used without any powers active.

- I do also run Phoenix Renewal, but this is simply insurance against surprise attacks in Steel Path. if you're not planning on using him in high levels, you could swap this out for something else.

Hey there, first of all, i really like Oberon, thats why i invested 2 Umbra Formas, but thats definetly not necessary 😉

I have 3 Builds, but i guess the most "standard"build is this one (note that you can exchange all Umbra Mods to get similiar numbers):

l4TxTOW.jpg

Most important stats imo:

1. Strength: at around 200% the Armor Reduction on Reckoning (4th) ability is above 50%, which means that when you cast it 2 times on enemies standing on Hallowed Ground (2nd) enemies have no armor left in theory (i have the feeling it sometimes doesnt work properly). Also, Renewal (3rd) is strong enough that way, and you can use Smite Infusion to give a decent damage buff to yourself and all Allies, which works well for a Support Frame.
  2. Range: i think at 160% its in a good spot, 20+ meters on his 2nd and 4th ability, 40 meters on his 3rd so your allies will most likely be in range. How much range you actually want depends on your playstyle, but adding some range definetly makes him more useful. But you can also make a build with insane range of 280% and cover everything in hallowed ground which provides good CC, and if you like subsume Larva which i think goes well with his theme and aesthetics.
  3. Duration: Not much duration is needed imo, but i wouldnt go negative duration. with 128%, i have 25s for hallowed ground and 50s for the smite infusion buff.
  4. Efficiency: least important in my opinion since there are so many ways in this game to get energy i basically never have problems with it. Still, like with duration i wouldnt go negative if you want to keep Renewal running.

Mods to swap out if you dont have Umbra-Forma:

• Umbral Intensify -> Intensify
  • Umbral Vitality -> Vitality
  • Umbral Fiber -> replace it with anything you want like more Strength/Range/Duration or Hunter Adrenaline/Rage like my preposters said
  • but seriously, use the Umbra Mods, you get 1337 HP for that 😁
  • Steel Charge -> whatever you want, i just use it for the capacity mostly
  • Smite Infusion -> if you dont want to add damage buffs use Phoenix Renewal if you want to or use any other mod you like. But in my experience, if people are really dying and need Phoenix Renewal, they will die anyway. So it helps once every 90 seconds, but you or them die anyway during the cooldown.

General playstyle:

vor 11 Stunden schrieb CrimsonDarkLord:

I can't seem to properly understand Oberon's abilities.

well, in short i would say:

• his 1st ability is a cheap and great way to Crowd Control enemies or a buffing ability if you use Smite Infusion.
  • His 2nd ability is a great CC-ability providing Radiation Procs aswell. Besides that, it wants to be used together with his 3rd ability to buff yourself and your allies standing on it or with his 4th ability to remove armor from the enemies. You probably always want to cast this before casting your 3rd and 4th ability.
  • his 3rd his self explanatory, but like i mentioned, cast your 2nd first so you also get the armor buff.
  • his 4th can be used to remove armor if you have cast your 2nd ability first. Can also be used as a panic-button to cc lots of enemies really quick.

Have fun with Oberon, you probably might have guessed it already but i really like him 😁

And he is pretty versatile and provides different playstyles, especially considering the possibilities with the Helminth system.

Edit: Regarding this i just had the thought that you might want to subsume Ivara's Quiver to support your allies and make them invisible. Thats probably helping more then Phoenix Renewal, and you can cast the Noise Arrow to lure enemies onto hollowed ground 🤔

Oberon needs rounded stats to work properly.

Priority should be strength and duration , followed by range and then efficiency.

200 strength ,

150 duration ,

150 range ,

130 efficiency should be what you aim for.

You can go with neutral efficiency if you have other energy regen options , like hunter adrenaline or arcane energize. Zenurik is not as effective cause you will usually be channeling renewal.

I have found his 4 to be least effective in most scenarios and would suggest to replace it through helminth (I have tried parasitic Armor and breach surge with varying success)

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Oberon needs rounded stats to work properly.

Priority should be strength and duration , followed by range and then efficiency.

200 strength ,

150 duration ,

150 range ,

130 efficiency should be what you aim for.

You can go with neutral efficiency if you have other energy regen options , like hunter adrenaline or arcane energize. Zenurik is not as effective cause you will usually be channeling renewal.

I have found his 4 to be least effective in most scenarios and would suggest to replace it through helminth (I have tried parasitic Armor and breach surge with varying success)

Yeah I've been trying to figure out what a good replacement for his 4 would be.  At least for a mode where I wouldn't normally use his 4.

3 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

Yeah I've been trying to figure out what a good replacement for his 4 would be.  At least for a mode where I wouldn't normally use his 4.

I replaced it on mine with Parasitic Armor.

Needs Redirection as well to make good use of it, but it removes the shield entirely. Works great with having Rage on there as there's no shield layer to get through to grant energy. 

Archived