Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on Trinity? (V.S other support frames)

Grizzmoe

1 minute ago, Teridax68 said:

So in the few situations where you've used a specter, you've found Trinity better than Wisp? What?

Other way around....

2 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I agree fully that Wisp is a great support, what you're saying just points out that her specter isn't a credible replacement for Trinity.

Except that in most Situations... She actually is.... So much so I wish The Ropalolyst fight could be accessed earlier just so I can see how well she fairs in earlier stage of Warframe's Progression.... Man I would have killed to have Wisp Spectre with me for the Fortuna Quest....or maybe I'm just saying that because I was lucky enough to get a Rage mod very early on... 

6 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

That's interesting, because I've seen Wisp specters about twice in my gameplay. "Trust me bro" is not a credible source for a claim.

Isn't it ?

Can't you just take my word for it like a true Tenno would ?

In any case Specters in general are something I rarely see... Infact I see more Syndicate Specters than Warframe Specters....but whenever I do actually See a Vapor Specters... It's usually.... Nidus !!! Yeah... That's right... For whatever reason most players are still behind on the Specters Meta...

11 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Sure, from which sources?

The one called Damage Reduction.... Sentients have it in the Form of Adaptation... Granum Treasurers have an absurd amount of it in their Shields...Noxes have it on their Suits... To my Knowledge it's the only thing we Tenno don't have a way of Bypassing it... That and Ability/Status Immunity...

16 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

The existence of other DR is not what's holding Trinity back from being a DPS monster, so much has just a general lack of powerful damage effects (nuking single-target enemies with EV isn't that impressive anymore when most frames can kill crowds at a time)

I suppose that depends on how Far you are willing to let the Enemies Scale since EV's DPS remains consistent across all levels while other more orthodox DPS Abilities continue to lose Viability.... With the exception being Octavia's Mallet... Naturally (seriously... Needs a rework ASAP)...

19 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Link's duration is greater than Blessing's

It is ? 

Since when ? 

Maybe it just feels short because it's Casting Animation is Excessively long compared to Blessing's animation...

22 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Please, for the sake of intelligent discussion, actually read what you are presenting. The very text you are quoting states that damage link abilities, including Trinity's Link but also Nekros's Parasitic Link and Nekros's Shield of Shadows, all had their self-damage transmission turned off at the same time. Self-damage was removed only years later

True.... But Nidus and Nekros had other things to fall back on to Keep them Relevant.... Trinity on the other hand... Did not....

23 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Then stay off internet forums until you get sleep when you can, and come back to this conversation with a clear head. Confused, half-formed responses only waste your time and mine, and clog up the thread they're on.

Sleep is for the Weak.... I say PARTY ALL NIGHT !!! 😁

That's the whole point of Waking Up from The Second Dream... To never ever Sleep ever again.... Tenno shall end The New War with the Power Of Sleep Deprivation.... And Viral since that works on Sentients now 😝...

23 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Other way around....

So what was that about Trinity's specter being better than Wisp's?

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Well obviously missions that start from one end and finish somewhere else are not Wisp Spectre's wheel house.... But then again the Other Spectres don't fair any better or worse than she does in that case.... However... In every other mission type Vapor Wisp is just better than everyone else... With one exception.... If you're sealing Fractures and are using more than 2 Cannisters for each Fracture then Wisp Spectre is useless under those conditions.... She's just falls apart because Nullifiers delete her Motes.... I found Trinity's Spectre to be significantly far more effective in this Activity...

It also seems you think Wisp's specter is also somehow better than any other, which begs the question as to why this is Trinity's problem in particular.

Except that in most Situations... She actually is.... So much so I wish The Ropalolyst fight could be accessed earlier just so I can see how well she fairs in earlier stage of Warframe's Progression.... Man I would have killed to have Wisp Spectre with me for the Fortuna Quest....or maybe I'm just saying that because I was lucky enough to get a Rage mod very early on... 

Which "most situations"?

Isn't it ?

Can't you just take my word for it like a true Tenno would ?

In any case Specters in general are something I rarely see... Infact I see more Syndicate Specters than Warframe Specters....but whenever I do actually See a Vapor Specters... It's usually.... Nidus !!! Yeah... That's right... For whatever reason most players are still behind on the Specters Meta...

Had I experienced the same frequency of Wisp specters as you claimed, or something at least a little closer to it, I would have agreed with you, but because my experience differs from the claim so significantly, and because there appears to be no evidence anywhere else to support that claim, I asked for some way to confirm that there was in fact this frequent usage of Wisp specters that I was somehow missing. Apparently, there is no supporting evidence, and even now you are contradicting yourself by stating that you too rarely see specters at all, which is much closer to my own experience as well.

The one called Damage Reduction.... Sentients have it in the Form of Adaptation...

True damage does not trigger Sentient adaptation, and Sentient adaptation only applies to the damage types that trigger it.

Granum Treasurers have an absurd amount of it in their Shields...Noxes have it on their Suits...

These are a very small minority of enemies even within their own factions (Treasurers in particular spawn in a mission only once). I fail to see how these explain Trinity's poor damage output, so much as her own poor damage output.

To my Knowledge it's the only thing we Tenno don't have a way of Bypassing it... That and Ability/Status Immunity...

If this is a thing no warframe can bypass... why is it a problem for Trinity, who possesses the only damage type capable of ignoring the most common source of damage reduction in the game? Again, EV being affected by some forms of DR (and far fewer than most other damage types) is not what's holding Trinity back from being a damage-dealer, so much as her notoriously low innate damage output.

I suppose that depends on how Far you are willing to let the Enemies Scale since EV's DPS remains consistent across all levels while other more orthodox DPS Abilities continue to lose Viability.... With the exception being Octavia's Mallet... Naturally (seriously... Needs a rework ASAP)...

Okay, sure, tell me at which level EV starts to count as significant damage. Worth noting that Octavia's Mallet is by no means the only ability that scales, as plenty more also go into numbers more than high enough to deal with the enemies we face at most levels (Vauban's Flechette Orb scales with enemy level, for example, and Saryn's Spores damage goes up to 70,000 per second).

It is ? 

Since when ? 

Maybe it just feels short because it's Casting Animation is Excessively long compared to Blessing's animation...

It's always been the case? Link's max rank base duration has always been 12 seconds compared to Blessing's 10, and its cast time is only 0.1 seconds longer. 

True.... But Nidus and Nekros had other things to fall back on to Keep them Relevant.... Trinity on the other hand... Did not....

Nekros is not a damage-dealing beast either, and when the change was effected, Trinity was still strong. While she was certainly one of the biggest culprits for abusing self-damage, she was by no means singled out.

Sleep is for the Weak.... I say PARTY ALL NIGHT !!! 😁

That's the whole point of Waking Up from The Second Dream... To never ever Sleep ever again.... Tenno shall end The New War with the Power Of Sleep Deprivation.... And Viral since that works on Sentients now 😝...

Get some sleep. You'll thank me in the morning, and this conversation will be better for it.

She's the VHS of Warframe. Once incredibly popular but has become obsolete over the years. Now we're at the point where the vast majority of frames that come out are designed with self-sufficiency in mind and it's been like that for a while. Trinity used to be a common encounter but in the past couple of years I think I've seen her maybe once or twice. I've seen more Nyx' recently and that's saying something. 

It does make me sad because she used to be one of my favourite frames and she's still good but with things like Arcane Energize, pizzas, focus schools and more in-depth and flexible Warframe kits she has become less and less useful as time has gone on. 

There's a number of older frames in the game that either don't have very good kits in comparison to most newer frames or aren't very interesting to play. These include frames like Inaros, Frost, Trinity, Hydroid and Chroma. Trinity isn't the worst one out of these but she still falls into that same category of OG frames that need an update. Ever since the Vauban, Ember, Wukong and Nezha reworks and Zephyr buffs I've been hoping that they would go back and finish the rest.

Archived