How difficult is Plague Star 4th stage solo when all 8 "boosters" used

Hayrack

Question

New to Plague Star. Keep in mind I'm comfortable in defeating enemies below level 70.

When I used 4 Infested Catalysts, 4 Hemocytes spawned, each with increasing level. Description of Eidolon Phylaxis states that when used, it increases infested enemy levels. If I feed all 8 items during mixing, what will happen at stage 4:

1. Will the boil spawn 4 or 8 Hemocytes?

2. What will be the approx level of final Hemocyte?

I'm asking, because I don't wan't to waste resources to initiate unwinable (for me) fight with eight level 90+ Hemocytes.

Edited by Hayrack
Grammar

9 answers to this question

Frankly said, with all the conditions for maximum difficulty being met:

If you own a Loki (with at least a proper setup for 20 seconds or more invisibility, or 30+ seconds + 175% power effi + energy siphon = self sustaining energy consumption/regen ratio) and a (Kuva) Brakk with the necessary damage mods, you are good to go soloing that stuff easily without sweating a single drop.

• Like 1

The Hemocyte is really just Lephantis.  Except that you will also be swarmed by small mobs below but can use your Archwing and Necramechs.  If you are unsure if you can handle it, why not start by using a single Catalyst with 4 Phylaxis?  That should give you a good idea of how difficult the fight is.

• Like 1

Not hard, this is a solo video I did just of the last stage fight part, I did a couple of blunders with my timings.

Edit:
A keen viewer may pickup on a difference in the video, hint left side of video.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 3

Not hard at all, i solo it easy with Oberon. He can armor strip with his 2+4 combo before boss is even out of the boil, and Ignis wraith and pyrana finish the heads who now have no armor in seconds. If swarming enemies are a problem, just use archwing.

It spawns 4 bosses with full 8 pots. Only way to get max ranking of 3k per run also, you get less if you dont use them all.

Edited by ThommiX

it's kinda hard to specify how hard or how easy something in warframe is due to unbalanced contents & different player's experiences.
most people commenting here are veteran players who most probably have beaten SP lephantis, so that's one consideration: if you've beaten SP lephantis, hemo should be easy.

fortunately they also mentioned some things that could help: aw to evade the mob below, shattering impact, archguns, invisibility...
and if i might add, corrosive element and high rate of fire really help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThommiX said:

heat+corrosive is best combo when armor stripping.  You dont need any endgame weapons or frames. Not even formaed ones. It really isnt that hard. What "unbalanced content" you referring to?

Heads also have damage reduction, so things like snipers are not good. Dmg over certain point gets reduced a lot. So anything with high fire rate works.

Slowing down the boss so you can hit the weak spot in head is also not a good idea,as it slows the opening up of next head when they die in seconds. Speed it up if anything.

Actually, whether you strip armor or not, Corrosive is the best.  Others have mentioned Radiation in other threads, but the math does not add up.  Hemocyte is neutral to Heat so I'm not sure why you would want that unless you've already maxed out your Corrosive?

Yes, 4 Hemocytes is easy for us experienced players to solo (I don't even bother stripping armor because it drops so fast with my Corrosive-modded Mausolon).  But if you look at OP's profile, he does not have any Necramechs and only has the Odonata Archwing.  I highly doubt it would be nearly as easy for him to take on all 4 by himself at the current point of his journey.

• Like 1

If you're decently equipped then this can be done relatively easy solo.

The bosses aren't really a challenge, but more so the number of infested spawns. They will swarm you. Infested spawns are level 20. And there will be a lot of them continuously spawning. So you'll need to be able to deal with them while you also kill the 4 bosses. Final boss is level 75, so it will have a decent HP pool.

Any weapon that has some decent fire rate will work on the Hemocite. This is because of the damage cap. So any weapon with high fire rated modded for corrosive should do well. Doesn't even need to be a high end weapon or high damage weapon. Fire rate and corrosive is what you need.

Best I found is to strip the armor before hitting it, the health is vulnerable to corrosive, the armor vulnerable to radiation. With the armor down you'll kill it much faster. I used Nyx to strip the armor and to confuse the hordes of infested. Made it pretty simple actually. I'll try different frames. It's the first time for me doing the event.

Edited by RazerXPrime