Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking option (warframe restriction) Updated: Added a summary of feedback & Limited number of bans

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

We all know pre-made squads exist for those of you who think people don't know, it's a slow option that feels tedious to have to do repetitively which is why there are a lot of players who don't go for it and either just play solo or play the game even with the risk of getting a troll limbo which no 1 likes. The focus of this post however is an attempt to improve match making. 

We all know some frames really are able to make objections more painful than they have to be, or have the capability of ruining the fun for other players by just taking every kill on the map.

So I have what I think may be a solution, and it's simply having a ban option for players. Basically players will have an option in their pause menu to ban certain frame that they do not wish to be in the same squad with. Edit: They will only be able to ban up to 3 warframes, and the ban will only apply if you are the host. End Edit

I have no clue if this is harder to implement than it sounds but I think it would be a great solution for players who are really upset about the way another frame performs, with good reason.

What do you think aside from the more obvious choice of pre-made squads?

Current summary of Feedback:A

- A common question is being asked: "What happens if the host bans a frame that I want to play as or have on my team?"

Answer, You will likely be unaffected

My response to this issue is that players who desire only a few warframes to be on their team should continue to do what most players are doing already when they want specific warframes, which is use premade squads. As the game is currently. The only reasonable reason for choosing to go public is because you care to a pretty low degree for the type of players you get on your team and you just want to play the game quickly, those who have a high degree of care with whom they play with. So if you care, you likely aren't trying to play public squads, so this topic doesn't apply to you.

- There is worry that it may cause players to miss out on good or unexpected experiences with certain warframes; and worry that it could weaken the speed at which you get matched with players. These issues could likely generate more harm than the good that could come out of the idea.

- A new idea has been brought up, that ignored players should just not be allowed to join your game. It's not the best fix for getting rid of negative experiences with certain warframes, as you would have to have people ruin your experience first before banning them, but it would atleast allow you to still have possible good experiences with troll potential warframes, and won't impact matchmaking as severely. 

To add on, it may be better for the blacklist option to be separate from the ignore option, and only work when you have recently played with a player. The reasoning behind this is to reduce the impact of a false accusation against a player being made by a troll, that could result in other players blacklisting an innocent person.

troll limbo, i always frown the moment i read that. Because the times where he actually blocks your damage are very limited, to none at all if you are using exalted weapons or other warframe abilities.

I am not sure if this is the case, but my best bet is that DE aren't doing this simply because this functionality is probably only going to be used on those missions which are run regularly.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

So I have what I think may be a solution, and it's simply having a ban option for players. Basically players will have an option in their pause menu to ban certain frame that they do not wish to be in the same squad with, boom.

And what happens when the banned frames are actually going to be useful/required for a mission?

hace 1 hora, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim dijo:

So I have what I think may be a solution, and it's simply having a ban option for players. Basically players will have an option in their pause menu to ban certain frame that they do not wish to be in the same squad with, boom.

sound perfect, to start abusing it for the lols, count me in, im 100% sure to do it for fun (like many other´s)

36 minutes ago, krc473 said:

And what happens when the banned frames are actually going to be useful/required for a mission?

Well the thing is if you're running with a random squad, the worry isn't really about getting the best squad possible when you are looking for a "random" squad, you'd likely be only looking for a squad that can get you to complete an objective atleast moderately faster/better than you could alone. The only worry is getting a squad that creates a negative experience for you like a slow nova in a level 10 defense mission. 

If you are looking for the best squad, players will go do what they're used to doing for the best squad scenarios which is going premade. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Frost_Nephilim:

The focus of this post however is an attempt to improve match making. 

you will not improve matchmakeing by this you will change it the only true way to get better groups is to put effort behind finding them no efford nothing is going to get better

not baning waframes but maybe filter people that you ignore would be the best thing for the situation at most because its the people doing stuff not the frames

16 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

you will not improve matchmakeing by this you will change it the only true way to get better groups is to put effort behind finding them no efford nothing is going to get better

not baning waframes but maybe filter people that you ignore would be the best thing for the situation at most because its the people doing stuff not the frames

There'd always be a new player to take their place, but it's still an idea that should be already in game. I had no idea that you can be matched up with people you ignored

first need to be implemented ingame, but knowing DE, is going to be abused by players.

Besides, public is public, live with it. is fast to form the team, but sometimes annoying like hell.. whe need to live with it.

want your prefect team, pre-made.. slow to form... but you wanted it

2 hours ago, caosfox said:

first need to be implemented ingame, but knowing DE, is going to be abused by players.

Besides, public is public, live with it. is fast to form the team, but sometimes annoying like hell.. whe need to live with it.

want your prefect team, pre-made.. slow to form... but you wanted it

You don't need to live with anything you can improve. If isn't broke don't fix it only applies to things you can t afford to lose when you have lack of knowledge 

Under other circumstances it turns a plane into a rocketship.

+1 to OP, but I'd use it to block Saryn, Mesa, and any other press-4-to-win nuke frame. It would be nice to actually play the game and fight something instead of running from point A to point B because someone keeps killing rooms with one button.

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

No frame is required for any mission. Never have been, never will.

I strongly doubt DE will implement enemies designed to only be defeated or weakened by specific frame archetypes. I think it would be cool though, so long as they only spawn while said frame archetype is in the team.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

The only worry is getting a squad that creates a negative experience for you like a slow nova in a level 10 defense mission. 

It’s a shame that would also exclude a speed Nova. Because that would be beneficial. I don’t think it’s a great idea, how many frames can be played in a detrimental and a beneficial way? You may just end up increasing matchmaking time so much you’ll be better off using recruit chat.

Edit:

@Pizzarugi I meant a required frame as in one that you some people would need to succeed in the mission. So, some people might require a defence focused frame on defence/mobile defence missions for example. Just because you or I don’t view this as required for success doesn’t mean everyone sees it the same.

On 2021-09-11 at 8:15 PM, Lutesque said:

I like how you make it sound like its a Revolutionary idea that no one has ever considered before :P !!

🤔 what are trying to do? Belittle me for no reason?

Beat it if that's your purpose

No... I haven't found a post like this 1 before after searching. And even if it was considered, as you can see throughout the post not everyone brings up the same reasons for it to be good or bad idea, so even if it was thought of before there's no way for me to know if everything discussed in this post was discussed in the other.

Some advice for you, be constructive and don't say the first thing that pops into your head as some things you say just make you rude/unpleasant to be around...

On 2021-09-11 at 7:23 PM, krc473 said:

It’s a shame that would also exclude a speed Nova. Because that would be beneficial. I don’t think it’s a great idea, how many frames can be played in a detrimental and a beneficial way? You may just end up increasing matchmaking time so much you’ll be better off using recruit chat.

Edit:

@Pizzarugi I meant a required frame as in one that you some people would need to succeed in the mission. So, some people might require a defence focused frame on defence/mobile defence missions for example. Just because you or I don’t view this as required for success doesn’t mean everyone sees it the same.

I don't think that's an issue. In my experience whenever there is a needed frame you use recruit chat, but when you don't care about the frame you get and just want someone to play with you go with random squads.

So that issue doesn't apply to this topic

On 2021-09-11 at 10:11 AM, Quimoth said:

troll limbo, i always frown the moment i read that. Because the times where he actually blocks your damage are very limited, to none at all if you are using exalted weapons or other warframe abilities.

I missed this, I'm not saying every limbo is a troll, most aren't, I was using an extreme example just to get a point across that people have their limits in how much a they are willing to put up with a player that's managing to slow them down or kill their fun. 

So, the the way I see this is that you're not really against the frame, you're against the player.

It's the player that brings a troll Limbo, it's a player that decides to take the nuke frame, and in all honesty... the builds are in the game, people are going to play them.

What you really want is a player 'blacklist' where you can, after a game with that particular player, go to your Communication section and look at recent players, then put a mark on them to not play with them again for a given duration, or infinitely.

This way, when matchmaking, it's not the warframe you're choosing against (because, who knows, you could ban a frame that's suddenly the most useful thing in an Event, the way Limbo was for Scarlet Spear, and never realise it because you don't look at a lot of guides online), it's the specific player that you can't get into a squad with and that specific player who can't join squads you're already in.

The limitation of having to play with them first is so that you can't pre-emptively ban specific players from your squads, you can't know what they're like in mission until the mission itself.

But it does mean that you can just extract when you find a troll and not have to deal with them again.

Player blacklist is something I would be in favour of - as long as the blacklist is very limited in size (say you are only able to blacklist 50 players at a time) and players can only be added there temporarily (say, for a week at a time) to prevent trolling attempts by large clans.

Blacklisting of frames - just no! Whatever toxisity you are trying to get rid of, this adds ten times more of it. If you want to make sure you're never matched with a particular frame - play solo!

I don't think that's an issue. In my experience whenever there is a needed frame you use recruit chat, but when you don't care about the frame you get and just want someone to play with you go with random squads.

So that issue doesn't apply to this topic

I don’t know, there are certainly frames I would rather see in public games - some of which would be excluded based on uselessness in other mission types. I don’t typically use recruit chat for most missions, it usually takes longer than it saves by the time you find someone. It may not matter with a totally opt-in system though.

🤔 what are trying to do? Belittle me for no reason?

No... And I'm sorry... I didn't mean to sound so Condescending... I mean I did but I wasn't thinking...

Sorry

Some advice for you, be constructive and don't say the first thing that pops into your head as some things you say just make you rude/unpleasant to be around...

Noted... Will be more Constructive Moving Forward... 

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So, the the way I see this is that you're not really against the frame, you're against the player.

It's the player that brings a troll Limbo, it's a player that decides to take the nuke frame, and in all honesty... the builds are in the game, people are going to play them.

What you really want is a player 'blacklist' where you can, after a game with that particular player, go to your Communication section and look at recent players, then put a mark on them to not play with them again for a given duration, or infinitely.

This way, when matchmaking, it's not the warframe you're choosing against (because, who knows, you could ban a frame that's suddenly the most useful thing in an Event, the way Limbo was for Scarlet Spear, and never realise it because you don't look at a lot of guides online), it's the specific player that you can't get into a squad with and that specific player who can't join squads you're already in.

The limitation of having to play with them first is so that you can't pre-emptively ban specific players from your squads, you can't know what they're like in mission until the mission itself.

But it does mean that you can just extract when you find a troll and not have to deal with them again.

I hear what you're saying. Makes sense and is an effective idea that I'm for. And you're right, it's pretty quick to just exit the mission and do it again after you blacklist the troll

I guess I could just settle for that

My only real reason for making this is that I have a deep hatred for limbo. His theme is epic but his abilities are toxic in 99% of all missions in my opinion.... no frame can reach his level of just outright interrupting combat or putting a stop to it. Sure some frames can use powerful abilities to bypass his rifting but that's not every frame like for my frost for example. I'll be out of energy trying to get kills before this man's runs out of a 10th of energy.

He Kills my vibe almost everytime

3 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Whatever toxisity you are trying to get rid of, this adds ten times more of it

I'm unable to see what you mean, explain?

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No... And I'm sorry... I didn't mean to sound so Condescending... I mean I did but I wasn't thinking...

Sorry

Noted... Will be more Constructive Moving Forward... 

Forgiven 👊🏽, there's a lack visual and audio context when sending messages, so certain things sound harsher than how it was actually meant to be delivered 

If that wasn't the way you meant for it to sound, sorry for snapping on you. I may have jumped to conclusions too quickly

Best of luck to u

Archived