Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking option (warframe restriction) Updated: Added a summary of feedback & Limited number of bans

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Lying isn't an insult if it's actually what you're doing, which is spitting out false information.

There is a difference between opinion and fact. It's okay to have your own opinions, it's not okay to lie or make factually false claims

Gotta get your facts straight if you aren't saying false things intentionally.... there are games with banning systems that are doing well, and DE does use ping matchmaking

It's false to claim otherwise.... opinions dont overshadow facts.... if it were to the world would be in turmoil 

You are very aggressive in this whole topic towards people that have different opinion from yours and you still persist in your insults calling me a liar ,for no actual reason whatsoever really. Your abuse of quote button is also way out of line.    

5 hours ago, RistN said:

You are very aggressive in this whole topic towards people that have different opinion from yours and you still persist in your insults calling me a liar ,for no actual reason whatsoever really. Your abuse of quote button is also way out of line.    

Only to those who are being equally aggressive towards me

I only mirrior it

It's okay to disagree, Birdframe_Prime has done so in a beautiful way. They mention no false truths, they make no unnecessary remarks regarding my character, they get straight to the point of why they disagree, with excellent reasoning. They're entitled to their own opinions and I respect that. Loved the way they carried it out.

To everyone else spewing around the word toxic or saying things that actually aren't true, and don't wish to correct themselves or apologize, bye. I do not like such nonsense, it's not okay

Be respectful, honest, and constructive or don't comment... I'm not about to sit up here and pretend like you are telling the truth when the facts are right there in the open. I don't even know why you'd ask that of someone... if you aren't lying you are at the very least speaking carelessly

(And your comment about the abuse of the quote button. I use it in the case someone tries to edit their comment or if they forgot what I was replying to. There's no "abuse", it isn't being spammed or anything.)

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Ever did Excavation lately? It's still doable if you play Limbo, but the pitiable number of spawns means you'll be spending a lot longer just trying to power an excavator. Survival is almost impossible to play solo unless you play Nekros or do it while there's a Void fissure. Interception? Hope you've got a few specters you can summon to stall the other three points, otherwise it'll be a struggle flying around the arena trying to stop the enemy from taking points. Disruption is much more difficult as you're the only one who is available to kill the demo which aren't easy to CC and scale extremely hard over time. Every other mission is a cakewalk, because the scant number of spawns means there's very little in the way of things that can hinder or even stop you.

With excavation it depends on the faction you are against. It tends not to be too bad solo past the first couple of excavators - by that time enemy spawns start picking up.

Survival actually works really nicely solo (better than with pub squads). I was recently farming Ambassador, so I've done plenty of them. And non-railjack ones are also just fine. You simply have to be a bit proactive about managing life support capsules. By about an hour in, you can easily stabilise at around 80-90% life support.

Interceptions - are you talking about steel path? Because on the normal starchart solo Interception missions are actually really easy precisely because of the low spawn numbers! Sure, it's slightly less trivial than full squad interception, but it really isn't a problem if you know how to do them!

Disruptions do indeed get harder as you get further on. But you just don't stay quite as long solo as you would in a full squad!

With Limbo specifically, only disruption is really problematic. For some of the other mission types, you just need to play the less stationary version of his playstyle.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Youre talking about people finding ways to get into DE's code? Excuse my ignorance, So what you're saying is that it's impossible to keep something from being exploited, so any attempt to improve a game should be ceased as it can get exploited, like making a raid but restricting it to only 8 players. You might as well allow 100 players because people will find a way to exploit it.

Or they should get rid of their ping limit restriction because that can be exploited too

While they're at it, get rid of every weapon that deals damage cause the restriction on how much damage they can deal can be exploited. Toxicity is trying to force others to conform

No, I am talking about any set of rules having unintended consequences. Same as how the rules DE set for affinity sharing were not intended to enable Hydron farming - people just discovered how they can work within the rule set to maximise the speed of reaching their goals.

This has nothing to do with bugs - just with understanding the rules and realising how to use them to your advantage! And finding ways to exploit such edge cases for trolling is actually easier than doing it for constructive purposes - since the goals are much more flexible!

Or is there more to it? If so speak entirely, if you don't want to, stop arguing with me. It serves no point to argue with anyone if you aren't willing to get each other on the same page. 

How about you do some of your own research? Have you even tried googling things related to your suggestion to see if this has been discussed before? Sure, the forum threads are getting cleaned up, but the redit ones are all alive and well! And even some of the forum threads are still there!

Before demanding that other spell everything out for you, have you even tried figuring things out on your own? Nobody is obliged to spoon-feed the most trivial deductions to you - you are expected to do some of your own thinking too!

58 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

No, I am talking about any set of rules having unintended consequences. Same as how the rules DE set for affinity sharing were not intended to enable Hydron farming - people just discovered how they can work within the rule set to maximise the speed of reaching their goals.

This has nothing to do with bugs - just with understanding the rules and realising how to use them to your advantage! And finding ways to exploit such edge cases for trolling is actually easier than doing it for constructive purposes - since the goals are much more flexible!

You realize this is a possible issue that can happen with anything DE tries to bring into the game? and you realize that if DE never risked it they wouldn't be able to deliver any further updates resulting in eventual death of the game for all of its vets/players who've completed everything...

And after constructive feedback from others and edit was made that I think may kill whatever ideas you have of trolling

58 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

How about you do some of your own research? Have you even tried googling things related to your suggestion to see if this has been discussed before? Sure, the forum threads are getting cleaned up, but the redit ones are all alive and well! And even some of the forum threads are still there!

Before demanding that other spell everything out for you, have you even tried figuring things out on your own? Nobody is obliged to spoon-feed the most trivial deductions to you - you are expected to do some of your own thinking too!

I'm not demanding you to do anything besides to leave me be if you are going to continuously be unclear just so you can make fun of the way I think. I don't know and cannot find whatever it is you are thinking about, if you don't want spell it out, leave me be. It's much easier to give an example or 2 than it is for you to be dancing around my questions like this... 

Idk how else to tell you this but to stop it or move on, it's frustrating and its not an okay thing to do to people no matter if you feel like their thinking should be better or not.... it's immature...

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

You realize this is a possible issue that can happen with anything DE tries to bring into the game?

which part of "any set of rules having unintended consequences" did you fail to comprehend? Yes "any" does indeed mean "any"! But the conclusion from that isn't "don't even try" - it's "avoid the ones where exploits are absolutely obvious" - like your suggestion.

I'm not demanding you to do anything besides to leave me be if you are going to continuously be unclear just so you can make fun of the way I think. I don't know and cannot find whatever it is you are thinking about, if you don't want spell it out, leave me be. It's much easier to give an example or 2 than it is for you to be dancing around my questions like this... 

I thought this would be blindingly obvious to anyone actually trying to analyse the problem, but I guess I'll have to spell it out for you: try googling the phrases "warframe limbo trolling" or "warframe limbo avoid" (both without quotes) and reading the results on the first page. Is that clear enough for you? If you were not able to find the results there - you were clearly trying not to find anything! Looking through the threads there gives you plenty of context as long as you are willing to actually analyse what you are reading!

There were many more threads around this, but they tend to be deleted due to the inherent toxicity of the suggestion that you should be able to exert control over other players' actions and gear in a public squad. If you truly managed to not notice any of these threads over the years - you must be the only person on the forums who did.

43 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

But the conclusion from that isn't "don't even try" - it's "avoid the ones where exploits are absolutely obvious" - like your suggestion.

😐Which translates again to your idea is just guaranteed to be exploited just cause

And there's no issue with comprehending the word any, it's comprehending why in the world you brought it up. Your only point for bringing it up was that things can be exploited, and that my idea MIGHT have a way to be exploited but how is unknown to you

Like what? You've quite literally just said a bunch of nothing, that lead to an unknown result....... I can't comprehend why you'd bring up something so unnecessary if you don't even know how it would be applied here.... you just automatically assume it will happen

Does that not strike you as faulty thinking? Unnecessary? Unfit for arguments?

43 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

thought this would be blindingly obvious to anyone actually trying to analyse the problem, but I guess I'll have to spell it out for you: try googling the phrases "warframe limbo trolling" or "warframe limbo avoid" (both without quotes) and reading the results on the first page. Is that clear enough for you? If you were not able to find the results there - you were clearly trying not to find anything! Looking through the threads there gives you plenty of context as long as you are willing to actually analyse what you are reading!

There were many more threads around this, but they tend to be deleted due to the inherent toxicity of the suggestion that you should be able to exert control over other players' actions and gear in a public squad. If you truly managed to not notice any of these threads over the years - you must be the only person on the forums who did.

This post isnt about just limbo. None of the searches you suggested brought up anything about warframe banning🙄

Yeah... I'm just gonna stop responding to you here😒

On 2021-09-13 at 7:45 PM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

From what you've said here, it seems that the issue is that you don't want to be matched with rookies! You only agree to tolerate them as long as what they do does not affect you, but you want to make sure you don't have to adjust your playstyle to what they are doing.

I didn't notice this bit here, yes new players are part of the issue 

And so are trolls

And so are people who want to play the game the way they want to play it

(3 different types of people that can be ridiculously annoying when using certain frames)

To reiterate what I was going to tell bird, banning current players only solves the issue with current players. So even after you have banned them all, there's still an influx of new players on the way to keep you in this never ending loop of having to ban them. New/inexperienced players are the main ones more likely to be so annoying, not solely. People who just wish to troll or not care about what others want them to do (that last one becomes more reasonable when you know that I literally want limbos to do nothing nothing but look pretty until the level gets hard.)

It's not their fault, they are just new and testing out the game or just want to play the game how they like it, that's okay!

But I don't want to be there while you are learning or using unfriendly warframes the way they see fit. If they DONT use the warframe, I'd love to play with them no matter if theyre are NEW, are a TROLL, or play the game without consideration of others!

They can't do anything to mess me up, so I'll love them no matter what.

It's only a problem when using that unfriendly frame

Thus the frame allows toxicity...............................

4 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I didn't notice this bit here, yes new players are part of the issue 

And so are trolls

And so are people who want to play the game the way they want to play it

(3 different types of people that can be ridiculously annoying when using certain frames)

To reiterate what I was going to tell bird, banning current players only solves the issue with current players. So even after you have banned them all, there's still an influx of new players on the way to keep you in this never ending loop of having to ban them. New/inexperienced players are the main ones more likely to be so annoying, not solely. People who just wish to troll or not care about what others want them to do (that last one becomes more reasonable when you know that I literally want limbos to do nothing nothing but look pretty until the level gets hard.)

It's not their fault, they are just new and testing out the game or just want to play the game how they like it, that's okay!

But I don't want to be there while you are learning or using unfriendly warframes the way they see fit. If they DONT use the warframe, I'd love to play with them no matter if theyre are NEW, are a TROLL, or play the game without consideration of others!

They can't do anything to mess me up, so I'll love them no matter what.

It's only a problem when using that unfriendly frame

Thus the frame allows toxicity...............................

It is good that you are dropping any sort of pretence again.

You simply don't want to be matched with you unless they are "worthy enough" to be graced with the honour of your presence.

There is one real problem with the game's community - it is you and people like you!

Archived