QoL suggestion: Multi queue Building

.Murk.

Building tons of dragon keys, eidolon phylaxis/infested catalysts, forma, etc  is quite bothersome to have to re queue constantly and consistently. So why not have the ability to set a number of items to build?

Set amount to build, take all the resources upfront, then when one finishes it then starts the next one immediately until the entire queue is finished.

• Like 5

One strange benefit for DE to consider:

A number of items we'd want to queue up have craft times that are measured in minutes. That's not worth rushing with Plat no matter how cheap it is. It's a different story if we can rush what ends up being hours of crafting. So you take those items from "nobody will rush it" to "maybe some people will rush it" (because I'm sure someone will throw some Plat to get thousands of energy pads this instant). And you get that basically for free.

I think this is pretty important. I often spend time building stockpiles of mining resources en masse, its tedious and clunky. There are also times when claiming breaks if you do it too much/ too quickly.

I don't think there needs to be a generic solution to it like you seem to suggest @.Murk.. But if any 1 minute resource could get an option to build multiples, even if each addition adds a minute of build time I think that would be a great QoL addition to all these short build time BPs.

In the past I've considered if some things like mining resources could just be refined at a vendor instead as well, to just bypass the foundry timers. but I would also like better solutions for things like the Eidolon Phylaxis and Infested Catalyst items.

As much as I would love to see it happening, it's not going to.

DE made 12/24/72 hour build times for a reason, and they made recipes for 100 item bundles, for few specific items they wanted to allow craft faster.

With that said, everything that takes 1 minute to craft (Dragon keys, mining material refinement, some specters) is just a waste of time.
I had to spend half an hour clicking refinement recipes to refine enough rocks for 3 weapons.... It's a one time nuisance, but a nuisance nonetheless.

43 minutes ago, Jitsuryoku said:

As much as I would love to see it happening, it's not going to.

DE made 12/24/72 hour build times for a reason, and they made recipes for 100 item bundles, for few specific items they wanted to allow craft faster.

With that said, everything that takes 1 minute to craft (Dragon keys, mining material refinement, some specters) is just a waste of time.
I had to spend half an hour clicking refinement recipes to refine enough rocks for 3 weapons.... It's a one time nuisance, but a nuisance nonetheless.

Working as intended.

the Nuisance of the Foundry helps to make Market Purchases where you just buy the weapons directly look more appealing.

Its not all just Rush Fees, its also this indirect motivation for Market

On 2021-09-12 at 2:09 AM, Hardwood said:

Part of Warframe's business strategy is getting people to log in every day.

They want need you to have to get on every day to start your next forma.

That argument may have worked before daily logins, sorties, events, and night wave; but now there is a lot of reasons to log in each day.
Also how would 1 minute build times incentivize daily logins? If anything to me they would be seen as a deterrent to newer players...

On 2021-09-12 at 5:45 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Working as intended.

the Nuisance of the Foundry helps to make Market Purchases where you just buy the weapons directly look more appealing.

Its not all just Rush Fees, its also this indirect motivation for Market

I would say the resources/blueprints are still a incentive to buy directly and skip the grind... I don't think the minute build time is the deciding factor.

I do feel that forma were a early stage incentive to get people to come back daily to build but they have become much more important since their initial release, viable late game builds are quite scarce without them and so many blueprints require them.

Even if this was only implemented on items of build times 1 hour or less it would be great, but I'd definitely prefer forma to be included; although I concede that build time for forma alone is probably a great incentive for people to just buy the forma bundle rather than trying to adhere to a daily schedule to claim and rebuild them.

Still all that being said I think having a intentionally constructed nuisance to throw money at to solve leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth. Things like slots, player market, and fashion are all far better incentives to buy and use plat, and have more permanent benefits and have the player feel like their money actually went somewhere worthwhile.