Is there counterplay to Violence's Ability Nullification outside of just nuking him?

Arcaedias

Well, Violence is using Silence.

So maybe if you subsumed Silence and had it on before Violence can use it? Can Silence stop Silence from activating? I'm at work so I can't check for sure now, but I know I use Silence Ash on SP a lot and I can't remember the last time an acolyte gave me trouble. 

11 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

I use Banshee's Silence to counter his Silence.

Do you know of any other ways? I mostly play Ember and when he shows up it ruins the equilibrium (not the mod) I'd been maintaining by turning off all my powers.

2 minutes ago, Arcaedias said:

Do you know of any other ways? I mostly play Ember and when he shows up it ruins the equilibrium (not the mod) I'd been maintaining by turning off all my powers.

Keep your distance, which is easiest to do if you're moving quickly when the acolyte spawns.  This is what I do as Ivara when I'm taking my sweet time in solo incursions to encourage an acolyte to spawn.  If I'm particularly worried, I will also drop my On Call Crew.  Oakwood can murder any acolyte all on her own.

I rarely get silenced when I'm actively trying to keep my distance.  I stay in close enough range for a medium distance glaive throw, I'd say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arcaedias said:

Are you asking or telling? Does the silence have a particular range that you know of?

Yes it has a range....mostly everything does. When your abilities are turned off, there's indication all over the UI. When you create distance between you and him, your abilities return. Similar to nulli/comba bubbles.

19 minutes ago, Arcaedias said:

Keep you distance and nuke the hell out of him? Any kind of abilities that mess with his mobility like Molecular Prime or Gloom that out-range his silence maybe?

Just now, acevezwing said:

Keep you distance and nuke the hell out of him? Any kind of abilities that mess with his mobility like Molecular Prime or Gloom that out-range his silence maybe?

I can't tell if you're telling me or asking me. Are these actual solutions that you know work or are you asking me if I've tried those? Keep in mind, in the message you quoted me in, it says I play Ember. I'm pretty sure you can't put Molecular Prime on Ember?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Keep your distance, which is easiest to do if you're moving quickly when the acolyte spawns.  This is what I do as Ivara when I'm taking my sweet time in solo incursions to encourage an acolyte to spawn.  If I'm particularly worried, I will also drop my On Call Crew.  Oakwood can murder any acolyte all on her own.

I rarely get silenced when I'm actively trying to keep my distance.  I stay in close enough range for a medium distance glaive throw, I'd say.

Thanks for the help. I'll try kiting him. It's just a little hard in Survivals. This should help a lot in everything else though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arcaedias said:

I can't tell if you're telling me or asking me. Are these actual solutions that you know work or are you asking me if I've tried those? Keep in mind, in the message you quoted me in, it says I play Ember. I'm pretty sure you can't put Molecular Prime on Ember?

I'm trying to be as broad as possible which is why I put both Molecular Prime (can't be subsumed) and Gloom (can be subsumed because you said you mostly play Ember). The question tone is there to ask you for confirmation if those suggestions suit you.

Anyway Ember's natural kit is pretty limited to counter Silence. Either you use subsumed abilities or kite the hell out of Violence.

Operator.

Seriously, with "Magus melt", "uniaru wisp", and a decent amp, you can tango with all the acolytes as just your operator if your careful.

Other uniaru abilities include but are not limited to: Dmg reduction in void mode, armor stripping, damage dripping, extra operator and warframe armor, etc.

1 hour ago, acevezwing said:

I'm trying to be as broad as possible which is why I put both Molecular Prime (can't be subsumed) and Gloom (can be subsumed because you said you mostly play Ember). The question tone is there to ask you for confirmation if those suggestions suit you.

Anyway Ember's natural kit is pretty limited to counter Silence. Either you use subsumed abilities or kite the hell out of Violence.

Yeah pretty much. 

If op doesn't want to subsume something like Silence onto Ember the option is just limited to keeping distance and nuking/outplaying. 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Warframe has little to no Counterplay at all, 99% of the game just forces stuff on you with no option to Protest...

Yeah, but apart from the fact you are forced to use Silence to get the benefits, it can now be used on any frame and shuts off a lot of the enemies worst BS. 

Like Harpoons pulling you, others shutting off YOUR abilities, etc. 

Subsumed Silence has been a godsend. I can't remember the last time a Scorpion or Ancient or Commander pissed me off. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1