Plague Star toxins why only 10?

ZeroX4

I just dont get why one player can bring ONLY 10 eidolon phylaxis and 10 infested catalyst?
When we can have like 200 squad energy restores in single mission?

Or why it does not resets to 10 after taking another bounty from within the plains?
Who thought its a good idea?

Yeah re-entering plains is not that big of a deal but still feels stupid
I do get PS was here before we could take bounties from open worlds but was that like overlook or something?

I crafted over 500 of each of that toxins even set them under hotkeys under gear menu so my squad mates dont need to waste theirs
But like idk something just feels wrong here

• Like 6

with a full squad you can do the mission 10 times and that is like a lot and totally unbalanced if allowed to do more...

honestly, why wouldn't you want to extract every couple bounties, just to make sure you don't lose progress to random bullS#&$?

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

with a full squad you can do the mission 10 times and that is like a lot and totally unbalanced if allowed to do more...

honestly, why wouldn't you want to extract every couple bounties, just to make sure you don't lose progress to random bullS#&$?

This. I always go back to cetus after each run because you never know when the game decides to pull a fast one 

• Like 3

Last time Plague Star ran I hated the lock to 10 also. Haven't even touched the event this time. Especially since I only did these solo. Last couple times those tents were out there (added March 2019) for PS the ones in June 2019 and January 2020

So DE in their infinite wisdom, thought 10 was a good cap instead. Was real fun getting to only do 2 full runs before having to extract.

Personally feel like this is just another thing to add to the outdated mechanics of the event.

Edited by Hello

When you go back to Cetus, it does reset to 10. I've done 3 consecutive runs where I've provided all 4 of each... each run I return to Cetus. There's no way for me to provide 12 if it's really not resetting in Cetus.

EDIT: I see, you launch from a mission tent. Personally, having experienced host migrations/crashes within plains, you're really better off going back to Cetus.

Edited by nslay

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

Because i got 300+ crafted forma and i couldnt care less to get more
All i want is to constantly sponsor my squad with toxins i go with randoms because i like to do PS and not because i need something from it
I dont see any reason for them to pay or contribute in anyway to my entertainment

1 hour ago, nslay said:

When you go back to Cetus, it does reset to 10. I've done 3 consecutive runs where I've provided all 4 of each... each run I return to Cetus. There's no way for me to provide 12 if it's really not resetting in Cetus.

EDIT: I see, you launch from a mission tent. Personally, having experienced host migrations/crashes within plains, you're really better off going back to Cetus.

Im always the host never had issue never would care for reasons mentioned above

Probably to force players to return to Cetus and save their progress? Imagine doing multiple runs and then suddenly dying for whatever reason, losing all rewards.

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, nslay said:

Not even that, when the event launched this time there was a bug that caused all the infested to run to Cetus, basically grinding progress to a halt if you were unaware.
They hotfixed it yesterday, but not really.  Friends and I still experienced it, in fact worse than the day before.  It worked once, but then broke completely.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Not even that, when the event launched this time there was a bug that caused all the infested to run to Cetus, basically grinding progress to a halt if you were unaware.
They hotfixed it yesterday, but not really.  Friends and I still experienced it, in fact worse than the day before.  It worked once, but then broke completely.

That's weird, I didn't experience this the day of the launch or after. I haven't noticed any obvious problems or deviations from past experiences. I did it both in groups and solo and every run went smoothly... One thing I noticed is that I got slightly less standing when the host left... despite having deposited 4 Catalyst/Phylaxis. It seems like DE assumes one player = one Catalyst/Phylaxis (even if they actually contributed nothing) and still punishes you when the host leaves.

7 hours ago, Aguzo said:

Doesn't hurt to take a 5 minute break every week ya know

Hell no. :tongue:

6 hours ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

Makes sense for the limit to reset when taking a new bounty, regardless of whether that's in Cetus or on the plains.  Saying that, it doesn't make sense why there is a limit in the first place.

I wish it did, doing 4x4 solo then needing to go in the gate it's a time waste I want to burn through a day cycle nonstop or at least let go 4x4 with all the toxin three runs instead of two.

• Like 1

Is this a serious question ?

Have you not realised the whole event is made to drag out the missions as much as possible ?

Everything is nearly twice as long as it needs to be in my opinion. So it stands to reason there will even be softlocks (kinda).

Granted this existed before the ability to select missions from plains (and I think this also exists for other consumables outside the event) , but I do not see DE make any changes which will reduce the time it takes to complete missions on average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Have you not realised the whole event is made to drag out the missions as much as possible ?

Everything is nearly twice as long as it needs to be in my opinion. So it stands to reason there will even be softlocks (kinda).

Granted this existed before the ability to select missions from plains (and I think this also exists for other consumables outside the event) , but I do not see DE make any changes which will reduce the time it takes to complete missions on average.

The defense part is 100% 'be afk and back in 2min' i agree with you. The drone at least can be teleported but the defense ... is terrible

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would ask you the same "is this a serious question?"

Because toxin part is most likely not IF everybody contribute 
Then you have toxins for 10 runs straight which is more than enough

Problem only starts when only 1 person want to sponsor all toxins

47 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I would ask you the same "is this a serious question?"

Because toxin part is most likely not IF everybody contribute 
Then you have toxins for 10 runs straight which is more than enough

Problem only starts when only 1 person want to sponsor all toxins

Why so serious ? It's a game after all :p

But as I already stated , it provides a soft lock (intentional or not) so there is little reason for DE to change it as it supports their existing preference to stretch everything.

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Why so serious ? It's a game after all :p

But as I already stated , it provides a soft lock (intentional or not) so there is little reason for DE to change it as it supports their existing preference to stretch everything.

I dont see any reason for any1 to sponsor my PS do you?
While i understand for some players iridate is hard to farm
10 runs without leaving plains if whole squad contribute is more than enough
If i could sponsor like 5 or 7 runs and then re-enter plains that would be like more than enough for me

I see ppl on recruit chat with "H PS YOU NEED to have BOTH TOXINS" and it just feel sad

It would be just good QoL change
And believe it or not re-entering every 2-3 runs wont soft lock me from anything it just feels like something is not right here

And yeah you are 100% right its just a game but when i see MR10 in my squad and i he say to me "speed nova here with both toxins here"
I just feel bad because i know he wasted time to get resources to craft them and now he will waste them on mission where i have plenty of them
And easily i could sponsor his run and no 1 would cry about it

If we could bring more toxins at once or if they would reset after re-taking bounty from within the plains no 1 would get hurt
And i doubt tons of players would even consider to go over 5 yet alone 10 runs in a row since like ppl say best to go back to plays not to lose progres because whatever

11 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

This. I always go back to cetus after each run because you never know when the game decides to pull a fast one 

I concur.  The only time I attempted to do a second one in a row was because another player suggested it.  We got a Host Migration during that second run and lost all the Operation Supply standing from the first run.  Now it's always back to Cetus after each bounty.

11 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Im always the host

so YOU don't have a problem and YOU don't care about losing progress, but you want to carry people who do care, but don't want to protect their progress? huh. Interesting.

just to clarify, I am not making an argument for this limit. it's dumb. so is the game, though, so I guess it not even a surprise.

Edited by Rawbeard
clarification

Pretty sure plague star has been out longer than Fortuna, I think that's when they introduced in-mission bounty terminals.

So, 10 is 6 more than you could possibly use back when the mode was made? 

Why change it after that? If nobody in your squad can contribute, reseting after every 2 runs isn't a big deal, they need to unlock new ranks and acquire the gear anyway. Which should happen in no time after you sponsor them a few runs. 

Edited by BahamutKaiser

20 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

so YOU don't have a problem and YOU don't care about losing progress, but you want to carry people who do care, but don't want to protect their progress? huh. Interesting.

just to clarify, I am not making an argument for this limit. it's dumb. so is the game, though, so I guess it not even a surprise.

Im here since like 5 years or 6 and trough whole course of PS that were running i lost internet while in PS only once
So things like loosing progress to my PS squad dont really happen
So only time i re-enter on purpose is if someone is really afraid about their crap

19 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Pretty sure plague star has been out longer than Fortuna, I think that's when they introduced in-mission bounty terminals.

So, 10 is 6 more than you could possibly use back when the mode was made? 

Why change it after that? If nobody in your squad can contribute, reseting after every 2 runs isn't a big deal, they need to unlock new ranks and acquire the gear anyway. Which should happen in no time after you sponsor them a few runs. 

Yeah and at the same time why NOT change it? Would it hurt an1?
Im still doing what im doing difference is i could sponsor more constant runs in a row and nobody would get hurt

And its rare that ppl actually still try to rank up i only encounter 1 player since this PS which actually did it
And thx for repeating what i wrote in my OP 1st we had PS then we had within open worlds bounty selection and its not big of a deal
Yet it does feel stupid to be limited

Let just ask simple question
Would any1 be harmed or dont want to have more toxins in his gear even so most of players would even use them?
Would that cause any trouble to any1?
Or only change something to players that like me got more than they need and dont mind sponsoring others?

Like i said just QoL change 
Even changing it to 20 toxins per entering plains would be enough for me
I dont see any way for it to do any wrong for any1

8 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Im here since like 5 years or 6 and trough whole course of PS that were running i lost internet while in PS only once

we already established that "things that don't happen to you, don't happen to anyone else". no need to repeat it. and since you are here for 5 or 6 years, yo probably never heard of all the complaints about open world being dodgy about random crashes and lost progress, so let me tell you: some people have that issue. it's weird how you think this is all about you, though. always about you, you, you.

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

we already established that "things that don't happen to you, don't happen to anyone else". no need to repeat it. and since you are here for 5 or 6 years, yo probably never heard of all the complaints about open world being dodgy about random crashes and lost progress, so let me tell you: some people have that issue. it's weird how you think this is all about you, though. always about you, you, you.

More likely i dont see ppl DCing from my squad neither do i hold them hostage if they say they want to go back to cetus
So your point again?

You assume i just play the game while ppl DC from my squad and i dont give a F about them?
Or that i wish for means to lock them in my squad and dont let them go if they want to re-enter?

On top of that idea is only ppl that care to do long runs would stay which feel safe to do so
NO ONE would be forced to do it so again what was your argument?

But following your logic Thermia Fractures should be limited since ppl have too big of a chance to "have random crashes, lost progress and some issue"
Hell even regular bounties should (not to mention if everyone contribute toxins in PS then squad is free to do 10 runs straight)
Sorry its hard to make any sense out from your logic
Since i dont ask for extended chance for other to DC i just ask for option for 1 person to sponsor all that runs by himself

So if 4 players agree to use all their 10 of each toxins for 10 constant runs its ok?
But when i want to agree with 3 random ppl to do 10 runs where i sponsor all toxins suddenly its not ok because ppl can "have random crashes, lost progress and some issue"?

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I'm not sure I can take that complaint seriously. We are talking about a mission that takes an avarage of 12 minutes without optimized builds. Where each 12 minute run gives away standing equal to a free, pre-built forma. They somehow had to "gate" it to a reasonable time per run. That is the trade off when RNG is removed from the recipe.

As for the OP's initial question. I agree with him, and it is a problem, especially when people run solo, since you only ever have enough consumables for 2 runs back to back. Then it is of to visit Konzu. 40 would be a better number, since then a solo player could go 10 runs aswell and I doubt many groups would stay for 40 or even more than 10 runs in a row.