Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should other Warframes besides Gauss be able to run on water? (Open World)

Zahnny

5 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

Just allow Warframes to swim and add under water content that isn't Sharkwing.

To be honest I'm surprised we've never gotten Sharkwing in the plains. Could be great for underwater content off shore or in the Cetus lake. It could be a pretty smooth transition if you could just submerge or merge out of the water using an Archwing seamlessly.

No!

All warframes can fly over water currently.  There is no need to be able to run across water.  Some warframes can use abilities to travel across water without archwings, like nova for example or titiana, etc. 

Helminth is plenty enough, being able to take some frame skills and apply those to others, but limiting the skills you can do so with was smart. 

What good reason would there be to give all warframes the ability to run across water?  There is no benefit, there is nothing you can farm or do or travel to that you cannot otherwise just as fast or faster without having that ability. 

41 minutes ago, Nexeroff said:

No!

All warframes can fly over water currently.  There is no need to be able to run across water.  Some warframes can use abilities to travel across water without archwings, like nova for example or titiana, etc. 

Helminth is plenty enough, being able to take some frame skills and apply those to others, but limiting the skills you can do so with was smart. 

What good reason would there be to give all warframes the ability to run across water?  There is no benefit, there is nothing you can farm or do or travel to that you cannot otherwise just as fast or faster without having that ability. 

I'm noticing a trend here where everyone seems to think I said "All frames can walk on water" period.

Ignoring the parts where I tried to specify it's not 24/7 access

28 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I'm noticing a trend here where everyone seems to think I said "All frames can walk on water" period.

Ignoring the parts where I tried to specify it's not 24/7 access

There is no good reason to have any frames at any time able to run across water, it's a gimmick, and not a very useful gimmick even at that.

It would be different if the ability gave only one wareframe specific access to something that was beneficial or useful, but it doesn't.  You would be better off making the argument that all wareframes should have the ability to walk through lasers without tripping alarms like Ivara when she uses her mod.   And even then other frames can work around this and still gain access to what Ivara can easily.

It seems you missed the argument about there not being any good reason for any frames to run across water.  There just isn't.  Regardless if it's part time, seconds, once in a blue moon or otherwise there is just simply no good reason.

4 minutes ago, Nexeroff said:

You would be better off making the argument that all wareframes should have the ability to walk through lasers without tripping alarms like Ivara when she uses her mod.   And even then other frames can work around this and still gain access to what Ivara can easily.

and here we go with people making strawmen arguments...

30 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

and here we go with people making strawmen arguments...

No, you are attempting to discredit my argument by making a claim it's a fallacy, when it's not.

Some abilities of certain frames are gimmicks, or not useful but interesting.  This is true, this is true of running across water.  It has very little if any use at all this is not an exaggeration but instead, a truth.

There is no good reason to be able to run across water, another fact.  We can fly across water, and some frames have other abilities that allow them to move over water.  There is no benefit to fishing, to traveling, to farming or killing enemies.  As a matter of fact, if you are farming wisps it's better to run along the shoreline or use nova.  No exaggeration, but instead, facts.

When you state that something is a fallacy, it's always best to point out specifically what you consider to be a fallacy, and name it.  Just arbitrarily making a claim that something is a fallacious argument really just amounts to attempting to claim a fallacy to discredit what has been clearly and correctly stated.  If you don't have a good response, many times it's best not to respond at all.

I'm not perfect, I might use a fallacy and would appreciate it being pointed out when I do.  Unlike a lot of people I appreciate criticism, it affords me an opportunity to add to my knowledge, and if I wish to behave wisely I must first accumulate that knowledge and then learn how to apply it in it's best form.  So while my response might seem flippant to you, I mean every word I have stated in the best way it can be taken.  I'm not attacking you, I understand you want to make a point.  But as I stated, I do not see any good reason why any frame "should" have the ability to run across water, it's cool and all and if you made the argument based on cool gimmick factor that would be utterly different.  But it's not useful, nor needed, nor something that is even really interesting.  I have never run across water with any warframe, and don't really have any desire to at all.  It might be different if it was useful in some way, but it's really not.  I much prefer to hotkey archwing and fly across water, plus I can see a lot more by doing so.

Look man, I don't know what to tell you. You're comparing a small gimmick to me saying all warframes shouldn't trigger spy vault lasers. When go to those types of extremes for no reason whatsoever all it tells me is you're not here in good faith, you're either not well equipped to talk with me, or you're here to try and troll or get a reaction out of me.

I've been on these forums for ages and I see things along the lines of "Oh you want Ammo Drum as an exilus mod? Clearly you want Serration to be an exilus mod too!"

The moment I see that kind of attitude I just stop caring because it's clear at that point that there's no saving the thread when people like that are dead set on trying to strawman the entire thread and establish their own narrative. If that was not your intention, I'm sad to say that I don't care. I'm just sick of seeing it every time and now I don't even care about this thread anymore either.

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Look man, I don't know what to tell you. You're comparing a small gimmick to me saying all warframes shouldn't trigger spy vault lasers. When go to those types of extremes for no reason whatsoever all it tells me is you're not here in good faith, you're either not well equipped to talk with me, or you're here to try and troll or get a reaction out of me.

I've been on these forums for ages and I see things along the lines of "Oh you want Ammo Drum as an exilus mod? Clearly you want Serration to be an exilus mod too!"

The moment I see that kind of attitude I just stop caring because it's clear at that point that there's no saving the thread when people like that are dead set on trying to strawman the entire thread and establish their own narrative. If that was not your intention, I'm sad to say that I don't care. I'm just sick of seeing it every time and now I don't even care about this thread anymore either.

I see, so when someone says something you do not like, you dismiss it out of hand.  So you are so biased that it prevents you from considering any other argument contrary to your own.  I understand some people are this way, allow their bias to dictate reason or lack of.

I don't troll, you can assume whatever you like.  I did not compare the two, I said you would be better off suggesting something else and gave an example.  To be frank, you are ill equipped to define one of the most used fallacies there are.  And that is me being kind in point it out the way I have.  You are more than free to own up to your mistake, or to claim derogatory things about me personally as you have, the fact remains.

How about trying to explain the merits about any warframe being able to run across water and support the argument you have put forth instead of attacking and accusing in the way you have.  How about explaining yourself instead of attempting to discredit an argument against by claiming things that are not true.  And while you are at it, can you tell us all what fallacy that is that you committed yourself?

If I wanted to troll you, you would not only know it but it would incite you to behave in such a poor way as to expose other things about you. 

Once again, so that we are crystal clear.  There is no good reason for all warframes to be able to run across water.  Argue that point, prove or suggest otherwise and be clear and concise.  Keep personal attacks and false claims out of the discussion, and work on what you claim, or don't.

1 hour ago, Nexeroff said:

Once again, so that we are crystal clear.  There is no good reason for all warframes to be able to run across water.  Argue that point, prove or suggest otherwise and be clear and concise.  Keep personal attacks and false claims out of the discussion, and work on what you claim, or don't.

Nobody said "all" warframes except you. Water walking is a gimmick for Gauss, just like it would be for others, but there are certain frames that by design should be able to hover or walk over water. We just are asking for some extra attention to detail.

Nobody is talking about lasers or anything that gives an unfair advantage over other frames.

Archived