Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime's abilities don't use correct warframe/energy colors

xcrimsonlegendx

These are some visual bugs I've discovered with Nidus prime's abilities since I bought the $150 Nidus Prime access pack this morning, compiled into one list because I didn't want to post 10 different topics for one Warframe. I read the General Bug Report Guidelines but didn't want to spam the forum with excessive threads since they are all closely related to Nidus Prime's abilities.

• Ravenous Maggots don't use your chosen colors unless you are the host. If you are not host they appear as the default white/blue/gold colors.
  • Larva textures don't use your chosen colors. (always uses default white/black/gold/blue) Fixed in Hotfix 30.7.5
  • Larva's secondary and tertiary color channels are reversed since the last hotfix. [Image]
  • Some of the tendrils within the center of the primed Larva use purple base Nidus' textures. [Image] [Image2]
  • The Larva projectile before it lands uses base Nidus' textures and the energy trail it leaves behind is also default Nidus purple. [Image] [Image2] [Image3]
  • Virulence fungal growth spikes don't use your chosen colors as they should. (always uses default colors) [Image]
  • Parasitic link/Larva don't use chosen colors or emissive on the overlay applied to Nidus and his target, uses red energy color. [Image] [Image2]
  • Ravenous maggot nests and maggots release default orange infested particles instead of your chosen colors like other maggots do. [Image] [Image2]
  • Ravenous carpet infested meshes have red texture bleeding through chosen energy color. [Image] [Image2] [Image3]
  • Energy effects that cover your warframe such as Parasitic link, a healing aura, ephemera or invisibility (causes torso to vanish as well), highlight the fully mutated tendrils even when they are invisible leaving a ghosting effect. (also applies to Phryke skin) [Image] [Image2] [Image3] [Image4] [Image5] [Image6]

i report this stuff as a bug about once a year, i think i'm on my third thread even at that very slow pace lol

i guess some of it might be related to Nidus predating several engine optimization passes and some of his ability effects using weird legacy textures, but i was really hoping that Nidus Prime, at least, would be enough of an occasion to revisit them

9 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

With the most recent PC hotfix one of these issues has been fixed.

Aye  only the Larva has been fixed, the spikes from his first ability still use the default colors , third ability uses red emmisive color instead of my own , and the maggots on his 4th do not pick the right color(they are white for some reason, shouldn't they pick the energy/emmisive color ? mine is blue but the maggots are white)

52 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

Hey is it possible to add a picture of Nidus's 3rd ability not changing energy and remains red? ive tried to convert a pic to url but im new to this.

Edit : ive linked this post on the recent hotfix hopefully DE will notice it.

That ability would benefit from Prime treatment directly, it's using base VFX still

• 1 month later...

Archived