Steel path disruption

(PSN)shiwan8

Question

So, since the company is unvilling to solve this issue I’ll ask you. 

Problem: There is no way to hear the beeping before it’s too late to kill the red guy. Assume solo because most other players there are so green that they could not handle this on normal. 

so, how do I kill the most tough grineers in 2 seconds or less? I have practically all the weapons, arcanes and mods in the game. 

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

So, since the company is unvilling to solve this issue I’ll ask you. 

Problem: There is no way to hear the beeping before it’s too late to kill the red guy. Assume solo because most other players there are so green that they could not handle this on normal. 

so, how do I kill the most tough grineers in 2 seconds or less? I have practically all the weapons, arcanes and mods in the game. 

nyx can make short work of the demo with her psychic bolts, you just have to cast it after each nullifying pulse the demo does

Something else to take into account is that the beeping also has a visual indicator on the screen, the moment you put the key in the slot you should immediately start "probing" the possible approaches to try and intercept the demo as quickly as possible

8 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I turn most other game sounds off to help with hearing them

That sound is under the same volume slider that has all the effects. The effects are the reason why the beeping is hard to hear. That, and the ridiculously long monologue that starts each time you put the key in. Unless you normally have everything maxed except the effects which are at 10% or so this does not solve the issue. 

29 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

nyx can make short work of the demo with her psychic bolts, you just have to cast it after each nullifying pulse the demo does

Something else to take into account is that the beeping also has a visual indicator on the screen, the moment you put the key in the slot you should immediately start "probing" the possible approaches to try and intercept the demo as quickly as possible

Nyx solved the issue. Did not even remember that power. I have dispensary over it nowadays sinche it’s almost never needed for anything. 

This probably won't help you too much yet, but hopefully it'll help you get accustomed to the gameplay for disruption. 

As others have mentioned, turn down some of your audio settings, particularly music related. I find it relatively easy to hear with music off. 

After a while, you should notice that there are maybe 2-4 spawn points. So as soon as you jam the key in, bee line for one. If you can't hear the noise or see the red indicator, rush back towards the others. 

Magus lockdown works a treat. And as already mentioned, a frame like Nyx to completely strip armor and shields is very helpful. Stay away from it if possible (5m+), as this seems to be a trigger for it to use the nullifying field. 

Use Shuriken (Helminth ability as subusmed from Ash) with it's Augment Seeking Shuriken and have at least 143% Ability Strength on your Warframe. This allows full armor stripping for the Grineer key carrier, making it very easy to burst it down.

There are other methods to slow down the Grineer Demolishers as mentioned above, but Cold procs slow them down considerably.

Ways to do steel path disruption: 

-subsume gloom in any frame with max str (I like inaros to just use the unlimited energy and no need for efficiency modding)

-use a weapon with CO (cedo+a melee with CO)

-subsume ensnare to stun the demos

-use zenruik's blast

-magus lockdown does work

-nova's molecular prime slows them down by 15% less than gloom but adds a double dmg bonus

-any weapon modded with cold to slow them down

-glaive prime to kill them with slash procs

-Banshee can armor strip in 1 shot with her 1 aug, and sonar will increase the dmg the demo takes and will let you see him from further away

My go to setup is usually inaros with gloom (95% slow, making the demo practically stand still)+glaive prime+cedo+tenet cycron