Jump to content

Change Legendary Mastery Rank indicator


Jitsuryoku
 Share

Recommended Posts

This has bothered me for a while.

nAym0dC.png

Once we reach MR31 instead of having having any memorable reward, we effectively get one third of our glyphs covered up by this..... It's not true mathematically, but once you cover over half of space horizontally, the other half might as well not be there. I don't want to be mean, but if no visual designer thought this looked bad after looking at it, then perhaps all of them need a vacation.

Go back to only having a number there. Either resume numeration from 31 or if you insist on starting a new one, add special border around the glyph to indicate a player reached Legendary rank (instead of the icon).
Few ideas for borders in no particular order

  • Golden/Prime border. Simple, effective, fits into the game theme.
  • Dyable border. Design is up for debate, but just glow or metal could always work.
  • Customizable borders. Each legendary rank unlocks a unique border (similar to rank icons) players can equip whichever one they like.
Edited by Jitsuryoku
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or just write 31, 32, 33 etc. I mean lets not call a horse a submarine. Legendary rank 1 is just Mastery rank 31. Nothing has really changed between MR30 and MR31, the big reward at MR30 is a milestone sure, but being able to equip everything when you get to MR16 is a sort of milestone as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Or just write 31, 32, 33 etc. I mean lets not call a horse a submarine. Legendary rank 1 is just Mastery rank 31. Nothing has really changed between MR30 and MR31, the big reward at MR30 is a milestone sure, but being able to equip everything when you get to MR16 is a sort of milestone as well. 

I would be happy with this solution, but there is a difference between 30 and 31.

30 increased your minimum mod capacity (i.e when you forma, your mod capacity remains 30) and 31 doesn't. I'm guessing they switched to legendary ranks, so people wouldn't think that weapons like kuva/tenet weapons get 31 mod cap, at MR31.

Edit: I stand corrected. I went of initial talks on the topic and never bothered to double check. He's right. There literally is no difference between 29,30 and 31,

Edited by Jitsuryoku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jitsuryoku said:

I would be happy with this solution, but there is a difference between 30 and 31.

30 increased your minimum mod capacity (i.e when you forma, your mod capacity remains 30) and 31 doesn't. I'm guessing they switched to legendary ranks, so people wouldn't think that weapons like kuva/tenet weapons get 31 mod cap, at MR31.

This is incorrect. Legendary 1 increases the minimum mod capacity. Kuva weapons show this but other weapons dont because most weapons are capped at 30.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is incorrect. Legendary 1 increases the minimum mod capacity. Kuva weapons show this but other weapons dont because most weapons are capped at 30.

Huh... I maxed every one of them and never noticed that, but it seems you're right.

...In that case, why DO we start from mastery rank 1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...