Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Railjack away missions need to be overhauled, completely.

UilliamNebel

I cant think of a a single positive for these.

They just aren't fun.

They do not seem to have been test played, by designers, and DE staff, ever within the context of general missions. From the bugs of guard awareness, to the excessive/insta shield strips on the player, to the over buffing of enemy shields, to the pile on of environmental hazards, to the out of whack enemy scaling, they just are overly frustrating and un fun chores that aren't even grind, just frustration endurance marathons.

They for sure are not new player accessible. In fact, they seemed to be a content island specifically designed for people whom enjoy reading wiki articles, and grinding out 'helpful', i.e., mandatory, builds, rather than open environment designs that allow player skill to find creative and fun way of dealing with the mission objectives.

In short, they need an overhaul. They were designed for a segment of the player base, and over optimized further to that segment's wants. You made Steel Path for a reason DE.... And having content in the general mission pool, that isn't new player accessible is just self defeating.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Problem is that too much of the game is mid-tier. Both new player and endgame player need more attention.  

Agree that end game lacks worst of all.

Not sure what end game could be though with Warframe's game design legacy, life cycle point, and DE's ability to get capital to develop it.

Dream end game, boundless procedural exploration off of the Origin System Star Chart in a Railjack. Quite literally just No Man's Sky'esque Orikin Derelicts, asteroid stations, Kuiper Belt, even out to the Ort Cloud, points that procedurally spawn for limited times. Even more so, 'Void Zones', where the boundaries of reality get a little 'thin' and you come across Man in the Wall like apparitions. Another possibility is New War tied in Sentient vanguards arriving from Tau to Sol, and having to do ship to ship actions, that expand on the boarding/defending fun potential of Railjack. Of course, it just couldn't happen, DEs challenges to monetize Warframe content leads to many potentially great game design concepts being malformed on release. Still, be great to see a more boundless sandbox like place for end of game content to exist.

And there's the requirement that the entire squad be in the objective. That's just plain annoying. In Grineer missions, a good squad will have one person in each away marker and the other two on the ship. That actually rewards teamwork with increased completion speed. Absolutely nothing about Corpus makes me want to do their missions. The gigantic pile of annoyances which comprise them make it seems like DE explicitly went through and designed them so that nobody would ever choose to go there. Because that's certainly my solution to them.

The fact that you no longer have any plain spaceship battles with no extra crap to do (except for the lowest level Earth mission) is just icing on the cake. I miss old Railjack, where energy actually mattered, your warframe wasn't just some useless stat stick in the pilot seat and where we had actual pure space combat missions in a space combat gamemode.

46 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I miss old Railjack,

What I really, really miss, the intensity of boarding / repelling, ship repair, etc, etc. Was like a sci fi Master and Commander battle sequence at times. Sure, on higher level missions it tended to break down from 'pile on' design, and usual poor Warframe scaling issues of enemies, but when you were in that sweet spot between cake walk and stat wall hammers  with actual challenges, Railjack was amazingly fun.

They did a lot of good changes to accessibility on the new player side, I cannot deny that. And hopefully it keeps getting fine tuned. But by and large, the route they went with Corpus mission designs on the away side are as I said not even grind, they are pain endurance marathons.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

And there's the requirement that the entire squad be in the objective. That's just plain annoying. In Grineer missions, a good squad will have one person in each away marker and the other two on the ship. That actually rewards teamwork with increased completion speed. Absolutely nothing about Corpus makes me want to do their missions. The gigantic pile of annoyances which comprise them make it seems like DE explicitly went through and designed them so that nobody would ever choose to go there. Because that's certainly my solution to them.

The fact that you no longer have any plain spaceship battles with no extra crap to do (except for the lowest level Earth mission) is just icing on the cake. I miss old Railjack, where energy actually mattered, your warframe wasn't just some useless stat stick in the pilot seat and where we had actual pure space combat missions in a space combat gamemode.

I agree. I sometimes just want a basic ship to ship combat mission. Squadrons of fighters and Crew Ships with the option to board or just blow them away. Make them harder to hit or you have to hit them twice. Send boarding parties to make it interesting. Corpus space battle would be fun and different. Give us a way to take out the capital ship without monkeying around in the engine room. If the goal is to destroy the ship why do we care if the heat is balanced? What happened to damaging the core and getting out before she blows? And if we got the codes from the Crewship Captain, then hacking and escaping should be the end of it.

Regardless, some basic Railjack vs Corpus Squadrons or Sentient Squadrons would be fun.

i Loathe the sections where you have to kill hack prevention drones and manage the heat.

The Drones spawn way to far away and often in different directions (really lame when solo) 

The heat management objective takes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long.

Also special shoutout to the badly balanced Orphix missions - had to spend several weeks farming Deimos faction to build a necramech and mod it out just to even have a chance at the pluto orphix mission solo.

Also i went through every corpus Railjack mission including a Sister confrontation and im sitting at 24/25 missions done for the Achievement and i have no clue what im missing (star chart doesnt show any missing missions via the blue pulse)

On 2021-09-13 at 9:23 AM, DoomFruit said:

^ This precisely.

When designing missions DE should keep solo players in mind. Every mission should be able to be completed solo. Have multiple ways to meet the objectives; including some Railjack/ Archwing combos. Clearly they went out of their way to force team play.

They should also employ some logical story elements. Balancing heat? Just blow the damn core. Have us go in with Archwing like on Jupiter since it's a Capital Ship. Make the challenge getting out, our add a rescue element if you want to spice it up. Maybe one of "lone Tenno operatives" got snatched, so we have get them out and blow up the ship.

My rant is complete. Does DE read this stuff? Probably not.

Archived