Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli buff ideas/feedback

Seriguela

Suggestions:

Passive: last a couple of seconds when you stop moving.  Some pp are fine with that right know. ✔️

Sea Snares: Corrosive/Viral procs from it could be great. Via augment I guess. Some pp are fine with that right know. ✔️

Merulina: Her kdrive needs to get more benefits when used. Just a flat 75% damage reduction is not enough. And lock her primary weapon and melee is a bad designer. A suggestion is a dash melee attack, passing through enemies hitting with merulida giving her a offensive use. As discussed, Merulina as a exalted weapon would be more welcome as statstick mechanic (that's a bad game designer). A rework for kdrive mods would turn Merulina to a modded one that is better and worth using. Giving some synergies: Kdrive melee a enemie affect by the bubble will make bubble explode and release more bubbles. When dash attack with aquablades, the range of dash attack becomes widther and force slash procs on dash attack.

Why? Since the warframe is about mounting merulina, why this can't be her way of locotion and pure force?

Or we can forget about Exalted Merulina/K Drive Merulina and maybe, with a better Merulina that offers more protection and fluid moviments, Yareli could use primaries or even her melee when on Merulina with a quick attacks or hold attack. The dash melee attack can be a swing of her melee with adds. Would be cool :3

Kdrive movements rework: what prevents the use of Merulina ignoring the fact that Merulina doesn't offer to much defense and Yareli is locked of using her primary and melee weapons when her is on Merulina? Kdrive controls. People got stuck in walls way too frequently to benefit from k drive fast and fluid movements. To move free, forget the inertia of the kdrives (want to stop moving? stop immediatally. Got stuck on a wall? leave immediatally). Similar as one we already have in archwing. She needs to get a little tinyer when on Merulina (or Meruliina needs to be tinyer) to stop hitting her head in the tile sets, specially the doors.

Aquablades: need to fix in hitbox, the current blade need to hit all in circular area. ✔️

Edit: apparently seems fine right now. 😆

Riptide: could stay in the place for a while, sucking enemies, procing cold and shooting on it could stack damage for the big boom.

Synergie: dash attack a Riptide could do more damage and a instantly explosion. The damage of explosion could adapt to type of the damage stacked. 

:community: A side from the topic, would like to thanks all the people that entered here below in the comments to talk about. Its was great to chat with you guys :3

1 hour ago, Seriguela said:

Aquablades: need to fix in hitbox, the current blade need to hit all in circular area

I tested this with the most recent patch and they do appear to hit enemies inside the circle now. It isn't readily obvious but if you stand next to an enemy and use the ability it appears to damage them. 

I'm just pissed that someone gets paid for creating frames like this. 

Do the creators even ask themselves "Will this frame be fun to play" "Will the skills work good in missions in a group" 

this is one of those frames that angers me cuz it's so badly thought out. 
The community drops awesome ideas for frames. 

Yareli, what's up with the surf? There's a reason why the Devs haven't given us the option to summon our K-Drive in normal mission. It's just useless. It have no place there. 

This is one of the worst frames they have given us. Fire whoever thinks of stuff like this and give someone with a ideas of concept with abilities that synergies with each other a chance. 
It's like they don't even know why frames like Nidus is so popular.

Or they just stop caring 🤷🏻‍♂️ Fans needs to stop covering for badly created stuff. Or they will never change 

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Danny-Nukem said:

Do the creators even ask themselves "Will this frame be fun to play" "Will the skills work good in missions in a group" 

The creators ask themselves "will this sell" more than "will people like this" and they sure as heck don't test the stuff very much. As made evident from every single patch/update breaking stuff and/or coming with wildly unbalanced content. 

6 hours ago, Seriguela said:

Sea Snares: Corrosive/Viral procs from it could be great.

No, keep her cold, we need more element diversity in frame skills and she is a Water frame, not a sewage frame.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I tested this with the most recent patch and they do appear to hit enemies inside the circle now. It isn't readily obvious but if you stand next to an enemy and use the ability it appears to damage them. 

"Aquablades rapidly revolve clockwise around Yareli, striking all enemies within a radius of 5 meters in an interval of 3 consecutive hits within 0.5 seconds; enemies that receive all three hits are immune to further hits from Aquablades for 0.5 seconds."

Apparently it does hit all enemies within range now but there is a cap to how many hits from the blades each enemy can take every second. Hopefully this doesnt affect other Yareli players should they be in a group.

25 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No, keep her cold, we need more element diversity in frame skills and she is a Water frame, not a sewage frame.

Apparently it does hit all enemies within range now but there is a cap to how many hits from the blades each enemy can take every second. Hopefully this doesnt affect other Yareli players should they be in a group.

Thanks for sharing. The limit on hits from all instances of aquablades is strange. I mean... is there any other hit limit like this in place for other abilities/weapons?

57 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Well Sea Snares functions to be a cc, a cold proc doesn't get much value other than be another status for Condition overload and etc. Corrosive proc could be add as a mod augment like Hydroid (and he is a Water based warframe too) but is just a feature. 

I believe that merulina changes and synergies would be the main addition.

Fun in a warframe is subjective based on a person's taste imo, and I think Yareli's concept is pretty good despite the issues with the lore and such. However, Yareli's game mechanics were seriously under developed, I see a T-Posing Yareli interacting with consoles and stuff lmao so yea pretty under developed. Her skill 1 is pretty good imo, and Merulina is definitely an interesting addition to her kit but NEEDS more work, Merulina feels like a literal copy paste to her kit and added 75% dmg reduction. Aquablades is the main damage ability, when playing Yareli, aquablades are my main go to when I want to shred enemies, which is pretty fun to me imo. Her 4th skill is pretty good only for a grp of enemies, feels nice to see a bunch of numbers pop up when used on a horde of enemies but I wish it did something to boss enemies, then again I get on merulina, pop out aquablades, and start prancing around the boss while shooting staus procs lol.

I've been having fun with Yareli, but her abilities just lack synergy and Merulina is just too clunky in smaller maps. A couple of ideas for synergy and improvements:

- Enemies affected by Sea Snares are more vulnerable to aquablades, allowing aquablades to deal more damage.
- Merulina transforms into an alternate form (Can't think of anything for an alternate form, preferably a form that won't have to change warframe movement) that focuses more on giving Yareli 90% dmg reduction, at the cost of a lesser hp pool.
- Merulina K-Drive form can drag enemies affected by sea snares, allowing Yareli to set up her Riptide skill for massive dmg
- Make Merulina K-Drive moddable, and Merulina alternate form have armor stat and its value be affected by ability strength.
- Allow Merulina to seamlessly transform between her two forms, allowing Yareli to adapt to situations as needed. Tap 2 for Armor Merulina, Hold 2 for K-Drive Merulina, and when Merulina is deployed Hold 2 to switch between forms. (I think there should be diminishing returns but idk lol)
- Instead of Riptide doing this massive burst in the end, make Riptide have more duration to pull enemies in and deal damage overtime, and players that shoot at riptide using weapons with status procs will allow riptide to adopt this status proc and deal damage over time using the said status proc. Whichever status proc procs first will be the one adopted by riptide(statuses like Heat and Blast wont be adopted cuz...... water lol).
- Have Aquablades have an option to be thrown in a fan shaped form when pressing 3 again, and when thrown at riptide, the blades will be swept along within the vortex and deal faster slash dmg procs.

I don't see a different form of Merulina being connected with Yareli concept. Her concept came since Cambion Drift arrived, with the mechanic of being able to use secundaries when using Kdrive. All her playstyle involves be on top off  Merulina, gaining resistance, casting controls abilities and passing between enemies with Aquablades.

Yes, the kdrive frame.

With the recent buff, she can be a decent crowd control frame, controling large groups but Riptide and Merulina needs changes too. Riptide loses his power in high levels and Merulina offering only 75% damage reduction with gimmick response to control. Is more annoying than helpful.

On 2021-09-13 at 2:07 AM, Leqesai said:

The creators ask themselves "will this sell" more than "will people like this" and they sure as heck don't test the stuff very much. As made evident from every single patch/update breaking stuff and/or coming with wildly unbalanced content. 

Isn't it similar thing? I mean you can sell some stuffs that people don't like. However if people like your stuffs they will grind or buy it. I've been buying frames past Octavia (more or less) for grinded plat but I can see that some people would buy it for real money. However lot of "the newest" content is very boring/bad for me: RJ, Sevagoth (have maybe 2-3 good abilities and one of them is subsumable), the most tenet weapons (even Exec isn't very great because you barely mod slam attacks), Yareli. One "semi good" stuffs were Exec & Ghoulsaw (They both have issues but they brings something nice).

And look at Yareli. Some people like her but I don't know why. I find her first "ok". Otherwise if I want too look at arts I could go to many site or even commission someone. Yareli is no more than "good looking" art (I mean well done, no mistakes like skirt in the body; you can like or dislike its theme but the artist(s) is(are) good). If I knew it would be that bad I wouldn't buy her.

Before 2021 I've found lot more enjoyable stuffs even they weren't perfect. 2021 year were bad imho.

On 2021-09-12 at 1:45 PM, Seriguela said:

Merulina: Her kdrive needs to get a dash melee attack, passing through enemies hitting with merulida and scale damage like Atlas Landslide and Khora Whipclaw. To move free, forget the inertia of the kdrives (want to stop moving? stop immediatally. Got stuck on a wall? leave immediatally). 

Although Yareli is uniquely positioned to use a statstick melee and not actually notice it hampering her play (due to Merulina removing 2/3 of her arsenal), I still think DE should be removing and replacing statstick abilities, not adding more.

Statsticks are incoherent, even by Warframe's standards.  They lead to absurd scaling that is way out of whack with the rest of the game.  They force you to min/max and sacrifice a portion of your arsenal (again, not as much of an issue for Yareli).  I would rather see existing statsticks removed and replaced by exalted abilities than get any more added to the game.

The one thing I really noticed about Yareli is than Merulina isn't really even needed for anything if you don't want it. Yeah it give damage resistance but there's no other benefit really.

He passive nor her abilities actually don't have any additional bonuses when riding Merulina or when cast while riding it. I just completely removed it for Fire Walker because that gave me more incentive to keep moving, leaves a fire trail behind me AND doesn't limit me down to my side arm only if I get into a bad spot.

Some of her agilities stop momentum, sure but with a nicely aimed bullet jump you can use Aqua Blades mid-air. Riptide maybe as well but do to how it works should really only be used in large crowds so stopping doesn't mean anything. The passive can be gotten again easily anyway.

On 2021-09-26 at 9:07 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Although Yareli is uniquely positioned to use a statstick melee and not actually notice it hampering her play (due to Merulina removing 2/3 of her arsenal), I still think DE should be removing and replacing statstick abilities, not adding more.

Statsticks are incoherent, even by Warframe's standards.  They lead to absurd scaling that is way out of whack with the rest of the game.  They force you to min/max and sacrifice a portion of your arsenal (again, not as much of an issue for Yareli).  I would rather see existing statsticks removed and replaced by exalted abilities than get any more added to the game.

Even if don't like the idea of statsticks they function way better than exalted melee weapons like Iron Staff and Valkyr Talons, unique exepction is Barruk's and Exalted blade that came with a special features like energy waves on attacks. This doesn't mean they are more powerful instead they are more useful because of better combos (like Atlas succession of punchs) covering large areas.

But I agree with you, to buff one ability it requires sacrifice your melee, that's a bad designer.

To improve all statsticks abilities to exalted weapons, they would need to rework all. And when DE decide to do it, I would like to see Merulina inclued in that. Because as @PurpsJLmentioned, Merulina doesn't add too much in her kit just lock you off use your primaries and melee just for gain a portion of damage absorption, so I would love to see more cool synergies to her abilities with Merulina as her potential as doing damage with Dash attack.

Turning Merulina to be modded as a Kdrive will not resolve the issue as a ability. So just change Merulina to an exalted weapon or they will need to rework kdrive mods too to be worth using they, as well Merulina. Or maybe she can get more benefits rather than just damage reduction, don't know 🤔

Archived