Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

making the ghoulsaw fun and functional.

TheKurtiStryke

Ghoul Saw mechanics combine worst of the Cleawing Whirlwind, K-Dive and smoothness of the brick-rolling into a hell of a suttery experience. A saw that you don't actually saw with - instead you bash it into the enemies.

You know how to make it actually fun? I propose a new feature - bashing enemy with a Ghoul Saw causes blade to disintegrate into a radial shrapnel, dealing 1000 Puncture and 2500 Slash damge, but with a 83% chance of self damage. Now that would be really fun!

34 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Infinite spinning isn't a mobility move, though, it's a powerful radial damage move. Riding on the ghoulsaw, by contrast, is crap for damage but okay for mobility, which is why an infinite riding combo would be firmly within "just for fun" territory. Comparing the two just because there's some sort of spinning involved there somewhere makes about as much sense as calling a skyscraper a beach just because it contains some form of sand.

Not entirely, if you chose to buff her in an aspect that didn't make her even more of a DPS monster (which would make her less fun for most people involved, as is already the case). Again, this is why nuance is important, and why you should probably learn to actually talk with people, instead of mocking everything and everyone without exercising any actual critical thinking.

You have plenty of tools available to make melee stronger. You're supposed to use buffs and debuffs to make things stronger. It's your warframe, operator, arcanes, mods, and even specters that you all mix together to kill things, and if you can't run through a mission with all of those things and still manage to not kill much, there's a player-made issue going on.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You have plenty of tools available to make melee stronger. You're supposed to use buffs and debuffs to make things stronger. It's your warframe, operator, arcanes, mods, and even specters that you all mix together to kill things, and if you can't run through a mission with all of those things and still manage to not kill much, there's a player-made issue going on.

That's a nice little bit of generic nonsense, except we're talking about allowing for continuous sawing and riding with the ghoulsaw, neither of which problems are solved by the tools at our disposal. Those are design issues with the Butcher's Revelry stance and its animations. If you want to talk about damage, though, it's worth pointing out that all of these tools can be applied to every melee weapon, which means that they make the strong weapons stronger too. Even with a full complement of mods and arcanes, the Ghoulsaw is still going to be drastically inferior to other melee weapons, because once again, the multipliers on Butcher's Revelry are the problem. This would be fine if the Ghoulsaw were fun to use, but currently it's not, again due to its stance's animations. You can try blaming the players for the game's problems, as you always do, but ultimately none of that addresses the problems at hand, much less moves discussion forward. Judging by your inept assessment of the situation and the lack of relevance to your comments, it doesn't even seem like you've even used the weapon; you just saw an opportunity to rag on the playerbase once again and leapt at the chance.

13 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

That's a nice little bit of generic nonsense, except we're talking about allowing for continuous sawing and riding with the ghoulsaw, neither of which problem are solved by the tools at our disposal. Those are design issues with the Butcher's Revelry stance and its animations. If you want to talk about damage, though, it's worth pointing out that all of these tools can be applied to every melee weapon, which means that they make the strong weapons stronger too. Even with a full complement of mods and arcanes, the Ghoulsaw is still going to be drastically inferior to other melee weapons, because once again, the multipliers on Butcher's Revelry are the problem. This would be fine if the Ghoulsaw were fun to use, but currently it's not, again due to its stance's animations. You can try blaming the players for the game's problems, as you always do, but ultimately none of that addresses the problems at hand, much less moves discussion forward. Judging by your inept assessment of the situation and the lack of relevance to your comments, it doesn't even seem like you've even used the weapon; you just saw an opportunity to rag on the playerbase once again and leapt at the chance.

If you cared you'd put this in feedback. 

You're just blowing hot air here, sorry.

Hope you get your changes. If you don't...then I told you so and hope you can come to terms. 

I'd get a Nukor and condition overload and put 270 strength in Valkyr and go to town in the meantime.

Magus anomaly and lockdown to group up enemies or even ensnare.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If you cared you'd put this in feedback. 

You're just blowing hot air here, sorry.

Funny you mentioned that, because I did. You see, I can post constructive feedback and call you out on your BS at the same time! Funny how that works.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Hope you get your changes. If you don't...then I told you so and hope you can come to terms. 

I'd get a Nukor and condition overload and put 270 strength in Valkyr and go to town in the meantime.

Magus anomaly and lockdown to group up enemies or even ensnare.

That's nice, good for you. Meanwhile, I and others can continue trying to push for positive change so that we can enjoy even more things about the game. If you're so unbothered by Warframe's issues, feel free to stay in your lane and stop ragging on other people for daring to suggest that it could use some improvements. Thanks!

Archived