Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambassador: suggested tweaks to some base stats

Nira

Arguably the largest drawback to the Ambassador until recently was the amount of time/effort it took to actually acquire the parts. The change to this in the recent hotfix is much appreciated, however the weapon itself is still, I think we can all agree, in a bit of a poor spot right now, functioning as a directly inferior Stahlta/Quellor with no real perks besides the cooler animations and nice sound effects.

I've been using it for a variety of content over the last couple weeks and without doubt the Ambassador's biggest weak point in-mission is its alternate fire. Nine times out of ten it's just not worth using, due to the time it takes to switch fire modes and its inconsistent damage profile, thanks to its inherently low base critical chance.

Therefore my ideas for improving it and bringing up to scratch with other assault rifle/AoE hybrid weapons are as follows:

Primary fire

• Base critical chance from 14% to 18%

Primary fire I think functions quite well overall. The above change, though modest, will bring it up to 54% critical chance with a fully-ranked Critical Delay equipped. This gives the primary fire a more consistent damage output without upsetting the apparent feature of "high base crit multiplier balanced by lower crit chance".

Secondary fire

• Reduce delay of switching fire modes to a flat 1 second
  • Base critical chance from 16% to 50%

Obviously a massive change in the critical chance department, but hear me out. Both Stahlta and Quellor (weapons with a similar function and MR requirement) have a base 40% crit chance on alternate fire, with very similar multipliers (Stahlta's is 3.0, in fact), but with no delay in switching fire modes and/or a faster reload and more shots before reload. With my proposed changes the Ambassador will still take a full 2 seconds (unmodded) to switch and unleash a charged shot - a time gate which I think should be weighted against a heavy burst of damage.

I haven't really used Ambassador since right after they fixed the AoE bug--I was enjoying it but got really obsessed with the Basmu.

Anyway the two possible improvements that really stuck out to me at the time were....

- faster reload.  Which also improves mode switch time.

- some inherent punch through on the primary fire.

A third thing that's occurred to me since then  is some sort of temporary buff  on switching modes, to incentivize doing that over just swapping weapons.  

On 2021-09-12 at 2:59 PM, Dualice said:

Base critical chance from 14% to 18%

That's not enough of an increase for what it does, the primary fire is comparable to the Soma Prime but with a base crit chance of 18% it would still be underperforming.

It would at bare minimum need to be 20-22% to reliably make use of that crit multiplier with any consistency.

As for the secondary fire, all they need to do is flip the status and crit chance and finally make sure the AoE works properly (I swear it still doesn't work right when I last used it).

On 2021-09-16 at 3:48 AM, Aldain said:

That's not enough of an increase for what it does, the primary fire is comparable to the Soma Prime but with a base crit chance of 18% it would still be underperforming.

It would at bare minimum need to be 20-22% to reliably make use of that crit multiplier with any consistency.

As for the secondary fire, all they need to do is flip the status and crit chance and finally make sure the AoE works properly (I swear it still doesn't work right when I last used it).

Yeah that sounds pretty spot-on!

Archived