Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deadlock Protocol final mission is not fun, and poorly designed.

UilliamNebel

Just isn't fun. There is nothing good about it as is, because what is bad about it chokes out any potential fun it could have.

1, The lock in of using a certain weapon may have been interesting. But the weapon stats are so awful as to indicate whoever designed the last mission level, never bothered to actually play with the weapon you were stuck using, under the conditions a player would likely be using it, especially a newer player. Its wind up is slow, it frequently misses when frame stutter happens, the Protea fight is a visual effects disco mess (as is everything Corpus wise lately). Been leveling it, made it magnetic, brought up its attack speed, thing is still awful for what you are locked in to use it for.

2, The Treasurer segment is an awful pain marathon of a damage sponge. I literally did more accomplishing and finishing my Nightwave 'Kill 500 Enemies' here, then on a previous Infested Survival run of 16 minutes, as I chased the Treasurer about dealing with its cheeze abilities from those mines. And then the endless, endless drones buffing shields pile on trash.

3, The Protea fight gimmick is overdone, over drawn, and poorly implemented. Needs about a third less shields each stage of it. Terrain for the fight is just horrible, and shows off the worst, the complete worst of A.I. cheeze programming in regards to the insta dodge of NPCs to many player ranged attacks, she may as well be an Osprey drone with how she dodges thrown and bow weapons. Should have a much slower shield recharge, or much less health in each fight segment, the range on the glaive's throw is epically awful for how the fight is laid out. Also, whoever test played it obviously didn't use a game pad controller in the default button config as they'd have seen quite fast that requiring an aimed throw and detonation combo with how most dual analog stick controls is just more effort dealing with Warframe's lack of test playing before things are released.

Its just unpolished in terms of gameplay. not challenging, just a pain endurance marathon of concepts that might have sounded cool but none of which works together to make it fun. Make some concessions, stop the everything and kitchen sink piling on at every stage of the mission, especially the really horrid, overly drawn out, just bad final fight segment.

... I've been peeking at your threads lately so I'll just guess that you're generally missing vital information that would make your life easier in this game, but you're using that lack of vital information as an excuse to say that the game is too hard for you, in a nutshell, instead of actually learning that information either on your own or with someone's help...

34 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I've been peeking at your threads lately so I'll just guess that you're generally missing vital information that would make your life easier in this game, but you're using that lack of vital information as an excuse to say that the game is too hard for you, in a nutshell, instead of actually learning that information either on your own or with someone's help...

Nope, actually, not that at all. Do often go and do the 'smart' or 'easy' way, to get past content. That said, those ways are in general, aren't very engaging or fun, more so they are rather boring. They also don't get around how bad the game is, in game, for explaining, guiding, a lot of things that matter for a new player. The fact that I have to refer to third party sources like a wiki to understand what I need to do in game, is rather awful and immersion destroying. If I were to guess it is why Warframe despite being 'F2P done right' cant hold onto new players, much less demonstrate growth of player base.

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Learn it where ? because I know for sure the game doesn't teach you half of these things... :|

And before you say: "The Wiki" or whatever... Deadlock Protocol was the first and only time I played an upadte the same time it launched so that wasn't an option for me....

9 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

This mission is a gimmicky mess, at best. I watched a video prior to doing it, I knew exactly how to do it, and I still think it was by far one of the worst boss fights in the game.

Perhaps you should allow players to voice their opinions instead of making assumptions. 

9 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

Nope, actually, not that at all. Do often go and do the 'smart' or 'easy' way, to get past content. That said, those ways are in general, aren't very engaging or fun, more so they are rather boring. They also don't get around how bad the game is, in game, for explaining, guiding, a lot of things that matter for a new player. The fact that I have to refer to third party sources like a wiki to understand what I need to do in game, is rather awful and immersion destroying. If I were to guess it is why Warframe despite being 'F2P done right' cant hold onto new players, much less demonstrate growth of player base.

100% true. If this boss fight annoys seasoned players who understand the game mechanics, I can only imagine the frustration a newer player experiences while doing this. Let's not forget that this quest is absolutely critical when it comes to certain key content, ie. protea, good weaponry in the stahlta, tenets weapons etc...All of which are things that a new player will want to do sooner rather than later.

On 2021-09-13 at 9:22 AM, UilliamNebel said:

Just isn't fun. There is nothing good about it as is, because what is bad about it chokes out any potential fun it could have.

1, The lock in of using a certain weapon may have been interesting. But the weapon stats are so awful as to indicate whoever designed the last mission level, never bothered to actually play with the weapon you were stuck using, under the conditions a player would likely be using it, especially a newer player. Its wind up is slow, it frequently misses when frame stutter happens, the Protea fight is a visual effects disco mess (as is everything Corpus wise lately). Been leveling it, made it magnetic, brought up its attack speed, thing is still awful for what you are locked in to use it for.

2, The Treasurer segment is an awful pain marathon of a damage sponge. I literally did more accomplishing and finishing my Nightwave 'Kill 500 Enemies' here, then on a previous Infested Survival run of 16 minutes, as I chased the Treasurer about dealing with its cheeze abilities from those mines. And then the endless, endless drones buffing shields pile on trash.

3, The Protea fight gimmick is overdone, over drawn, and poorly implemented. Needs about a third less shields each stage of it. Terrain for the fight is just horrible, and shows off the worst, the complete worst of A.I. cheeze programming in regards to the insta dodge of NPCs to many player ranged attacks, she may as well be an Osprey drone with how she dodges thrown and bow weapons. Should have a much slower shield recharge, or much less health in each fight segment, the range on the glaive's throw is epically awful for how the fight is laid out. Also, whoever test played it obviously didn't use a game pad controller in the default button config as they'd have seen quite fast that requiring an aimed throw and detonation combo with how most dual analog stick controls is just more effort dealing with Warframe's lack of test playing before things are released.

Its just unpolished in terms of gameplay. not challenging, just a pain endurance marathon of concepts that might have sounded cool but none of which works together to make it fun. Make some concessions, stop the everything and kitchen sink piling on at every stage of the mission, especially the really horrid, overly drawn out, just bad final fight segment.

1. It's not bad.  It might not be able to delete everything, but it does it's job.

2. What exactly do you mean? I managed to kill it with very little effort, with my Ignis. Even if you where very underprepared (and you should prepare), and was using the Excalibur starter frame, your sword ability will make short work of the treasurer. 

3. Most range weapons are weaker compared to shorter range weapons. I did this with a Braton, just to test out your claims, and I had ZERO issues dealing with the boss.  

56 minutes ago, Not_Ambrose said:

1. It's not bad.  It might not be able to delete everything, but it does it's job.

Not really, it has said has a slow wind up, its detonation doesn't register many times, using without a stance as you level it is also a chore. In general, its awful to be locked into to having to use in this mission, especially at the end with the horrid Protea fight gimick.

58 minutes ago, Not_Ambrose said:

2. What exactly do you mean? I managed to kill it with very little effort, with my Ignis. Even if you where very underprepared (and you should prepare), and was using the Excalibur starter frame, your sword ability will make short work of the treasurer. 

Well, what do you mean? Excal's sword ability will boost a glaive? Or do you mean Exalted Blade? Either way, the run about, slow status, and other annoyances make it just that, annoying. Its not difficult, its time wasting, unrewarding.

1 hour ago, Not_Ambrose said:

3. Most range weapons are weaker compared to shorter range weapons. I did this with a Braton, just to test out your claims, and I had ZERO issues dealing with the boss.  

Well, congrats, your better than me I guess since it gave you absolutely no problem, and wasn't a frustrating disco FX mess.

8 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

Not really, it has said has a slow wind up, its detonation doesn't register many times, using without a stance as you level it is also a chore. In general, its awful to be locked into to having to use in this mission, especially at the end with the horrid Protea fight gimick.

If you click the middle mouse button while it's flying through the air, it'll explode? By "full charge" it means that you have to collect 3 of the floaty guy's sprits or whatever they are called.

2 hours ago, Not_Ambrose said:

If you click the middle mouse button while it's flying through the air, it'll explode? By "full charge" it means that you have to collect 3 of the floaty guy's sprits or whatever they are called.

I don't use a mouse, dual analog controller, part of my criticism. Yes, thank you, well aware from watching YouTube videos, and defeating Protea on an alt how to 'win' the fight. And it is still in my view worthy of the criticisms I have given it.

2 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

I don't use a mouse, dual analog controller, part of my criticism. Yes, thank you, well aware from watching YouTube videos, and defeating Protea on an alt how to 'win' the fight. And it is still in my view worthy of the criticisms I have given it.

IF you go into settings>controls you can configure it.

Archived