Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks like it's time to tone down slash and viral

TheArmchairThinker

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Just a mild note: I feel like I have a bad habit of coming across more aggressively then I intended , @(PSN)Reaper330011.

I’m NGL it really did feel that way but it’s not that big of a deal.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m really not sure why dying without overpowered equipment in an endurance run isn’t anything more than simply the nature of an endless mission scaling up enemy levels until a player needs to duck out because the fight gets too hard.

This is why most advanced players do ridiculous endurance runs for fun. 

Define “overpowered”. I said this in a previous thread but there isn’t necessarily any “overpowered” weapon just a weapon that works for the player that is using it. For example, most people find the Kuva Zarr stronger than the Ignis Wraith but I use the Ignis Wraith because it works for me better and suits my playstyle.

The reason most players do ridiculous endurance runs is because we want to hit the area when it gets intense.

use the frame and weapon that gives you the most satisfaction when used/your favourites, do a endurance run with some of your friends and just go endless. When it gets intense you don’t leave immediately because there’s no point. Once it gets intense instead of leaving I carry on and try to get the most fun out of it as possible. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I’m NGL it really did feel that way but it’s not that big of a deal.

This is why most advanced players do ridiculous endurance runs for fun. 

Define “overpowered”. I said this in a previous thread but there isn’t necessarily any “overpowered” weapon just a weapon that works for the player that is using it. For example, most people find the Kuva Zarr stronger than the Ignis Wraith but I use the Ignis Wraith because it works for me better and suits my playstyle.

The reason most players do ridiculous endurance runs is because we want to hit the area when it gets intense.

use the frame and weapon that gives you the most satisfaction when used/your favourites, do a endurance run with some of your friends and just go endless. When it gets intense you don’t leave immediately because there’s no point. Once it gets intense instead of leaving I carry on and try to get the most fun out of it as possible. 

What do you think Overpowered is? It’s not the weapon or the warframe at core power.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What do you think Overpowered is? It’s not the weapon or the warframe at core power.

Overpowered is nothing. Every player has their own playstyle correct?

If 1 weapon or frame is convenient for the player and he likes it above all other frames/weapons not because of raw power but because of how it works, then that’s the players “overpowered” weapon. Then to make it “overpowered” they just need to give it a build they are comfortable with. For example some people want a regular sword that has more critical chance and damage but lack of speed. They’ll choose their build according to that. 

So there’s no “overpowered” just convenience and something that works for a specific player.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Overpowered is nothing. Every player has their own playstyle correct?

If 1 weapon or frame is convenient for the player and he likes it above all other frames/weapons not because of raw power but because of how it works, then that’s the players “overpowered” weapon. Then to make it “overpowered” they just need to give it a build they are comfortable with. For example some people want a regular sword that has more critical chance and damage but lack of speed. They’ll choose their build according to that. 

So there’s no “overpowered” just convenience and something that works for a specific player.

wat. Overpowered isn’t when a player equips the mod combination that means they overpower the mission that they’re fighting in?

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

wat. Overpowered isn’t when a player equips the mod combination that means they overpower the mission that they’re fighting in?

You make overpowered sound like a bad thing. 

Nothing is overpowered. It just works for you until your limit.

if a weapon is overpowered then please, go ahead and take your “overpowered” weapon and try do a survival where the enemies are above the level 1000.

Edit:  endless missions are endless. endless = no end. No end = enemies will scale infinitely until weapons are just not overpowered then you fail the mission. You can’t overpower an endless mission.

Just now, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

You make overpowered sound like a bad thing. 

Nothing is overpowered. It just works for you until your limit.

if a weapon is overpowered then please, go ahead and take your “overpowered” weapon and try do a survival where the enemies are above the level 1000.

😐 If you're looking for a fight, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of alternative builds that you haven't tried

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

😐 If you're looking for a fight, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of alternative builds that you haven't tried

If I’m looking for a fight, I’ll take my most convenient build and try solo a mot on steel path until I can’t even take down a 20th of a enemy’s health.

On steel path your meant to go all out because it’s steel path. You go all out until your doing no more than throwing a pebble at a iron wall…. 

edit: why does this thread feel like a “Fun Leech Eximus”?

If I’m looking for a fight, I’ll take my most convenient build and try solo a mot on steel path until I can’t even take down a 20th of a enemy’s health.

On steel path your meant to go all out because it’s steel path. You go all out until your doing no more than throwing a pebble at a iron wall.

I mean, sure. Do that.

Just be aware that the rest of the game doesn't match up to that build, so you're going to have to adjust if you're looking for a fight.

Be proud of your ability to mod for high-level content, but... y'know... that's high-level content that you're modding for. If you gotta go back down to crack a fissure or do a nightmare, don't take that high-level build and expect it to do anything more than destroy the fight and make everything easy. You're going to need a different build if you don't want that

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

I mean, sure. Do that.

Just be aware that the rest of the game doesn't match up to that build, so you're going to have to adjust if you're looking for a fight.

Be proud of your ability to mod for high-level content, but... y'know... that's high-level content that you're modding for. If you gotta go back down to crack a fissure or do a nightmare, don't take that high-level build and expect it to do anything more than destroy the fight and make everything easy. You're going to need a different build if you don't want that

I just bring a gun like a ambassador for the origin system, and I bring a full kit if I feel like I have a stupid squad.

Your choice, man. Warframe'll let you do that. If you want it easy and safe, it's gonna be easy and safe

?!?!?

What?

did you not read any of my previous posts?

The ambassador is a bad gun and is nothing compared to my Ignis wraith. 
The ambassador will not let things be easy and safe, but like you said.

The majority of people in this game don’t know how to tone down their builds and go all out all the time. I can switch a gun but with a good build it won’t make a difference, and seeing how I’ve only seen all out builds the entire time I’ve played warframe I’m not really sure how I’m supposed to do that.

Also I’ll be bad at the ambassador which will also be more intense because most guns are very different from the Ignis wraith because:

1. I could probably argue that the Ignis Wraith has the lowest ammo consumption out of all guns and will never run out of ammo.

2. The automatic punch through is nice and I got used to shooting enemies based on that.

3. There’s some weird aoe if for example in the training place (sirmurdhfnsclum place) and there are 3 rows of heavy gunners 5 heavy gunners in each row. You shoot the middle row. The punch through will make you hit all 5 enemies, but the left and right row enemies get some weird aoe damage which most beams and regular guns do not have.

4. It’s a beam weapon and I rarely have to reload.

5. It is surprisingly easy to line up head shots on a beam weapon and on a regular gun it’ll be different,

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

?!?!?

What?

did you not read any of my previous posts?

The ambassador is a bad gun and is nothing compared to my Ignis wraith. 
The ambassador will not let things be easy and safe, but like you said.

The majority of people in this game don’t know how to tone down their builds and go all out all the time. I can switch a gun but with a good build it won’t make a difference, and seeing how I’ve only seen all out builds the entire time I’ve played warframe I’m not really sure how I’m supposed to do that,

Alright, tell me about your Ambassador. What do you have equipped on it?

Alright, tell me about your Ambassador. What do you have equipped on it?

Galvanised chamber (every gun needs it). 

The uncommon Toxic and Cold elemental mods as well as the rare one from corrupted vor that gives additional status chance.

Serration and Heavy Caliber of course.

Fire rate mod.

can’t remember the others and since I’m not on warframe at this time some mods I listed may be inaccurate.

Galvanised chamber (every gun needs it). 

The uncommon Toxic and Cold elemental mods as well as the rare one from corrupted vor that gives additional status chance.

Serration and Heavy Caliber of course.

Fire rate mod.

can’t remember the others and since I’m not on warframe at this time some mods I listed may be inaccurate.

Cool cool.

Hm. Nothing about this screams that a level 30 relic crack is going to be easy-peasy?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Nope. :) that’s because not all of my damage mods are maxed for challenge purposes. 
also ambassador gun is bad in the first place.

Hmm. Y'know, you could replace a lot of those with maybe more interesting options. No need for non-maxed mods; take a couple of maxed elements to that level 30 relic crack, and then you've got a lot more space for other, more interesting mods.

If there's nothing that catches your eye, it's not unreasonable to simply have empty slots if there's simply nothing needed. You're looking for an interesting fight, after all, not validation for having a gun full of mods that don't serve their purpose

edit: Their purpose being to make things interesting. A maxed Serration serves the purpose to kill, but that's not the most interesting part (unless all those players who are bored with being overpowered are simply approaching it from the wrong perspective)

Hmm. Y'know, you could replace a lot of those with maybe more interesting options. No need for non-maxed mods; take a couple of maxed elements to that level 30 relic crack, and then you've got a lot more space for other, more interesting mods.

If there's nothing that catches your eye, it's not unreasonable to simply have empty slots if there's simply nothing needed. You're looking for an interesting fight, after all, not validation for having a gun full of mods that don't serve their purpose

edit: Their purpose being to make things interesting. A maxed Serration serves the purpose to kill, but that's not the most interesting part (unless all those players who are bored with being overpowered are simply approaching it from the wrong perspective)

I make do with what I have and what I can get. It works well and I like it. No need to fix anything if it’s already fun right?

ok give me an example of more “interesting” mods I could put in that can be attained without spending 24 hours to get, .

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I make do with what I have and what I can get. It works well and I like it. No need to fix anything if it’s already fun right?

ok give me an example of more “interesting” mods I could put in that can be attained without spending 24 hours to get, .

Hey, if you're getting what you're looking for, that's cool too. Just a small suggestion, but if you're not interested in punchthrough or stability or status chance or anything else that can be used to make the fight a little different to what you normally experience, there's no reason to change if you're getting what you want

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hey, if you're getting what you're looking for, that's cool too. Just a small suggestion, but if you're not interested in punchthrough or stability or status chance or anything else that can be used to make the fight a little different to what you normally experience, there's no reason to change if you're getting what you want

Punchrough is a waste of mod space, I got less recoil and more ammo from arcane merciless, I got status from that corrupted vor mods.,,

hm i could replace the fire rate mods for status or critical delay like my Ignis wraith build…

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Punchrough is a waste of mod space, I got less recoil and more ammo from arcane merciless, I got status from that corrupted vor mods.,,

hm i could replace the fire rate mods for status or critical delay like my Ignis wraith build…

But then again isn’t the purpose to make it not as strong so I can have “challenge”?

my brain be hurt.

Archived