Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exaled Weapon for Harrow Prime?

Abram617

Since Harrow is next in line (or at least one of the next in line) for the prime treatment, it would be cool if he got an exalted weapon we could access as part of the update. He uses a whip (I believe it's a discipline) during his first and second abilities, and then a censer during his 3rd, so it seems like a pretty natural fit to include one as a weapon in his toolkit. Something like what was done with Garuda's talons, where you can use them in mission if you don't have a melee equipped. 

Semi-related:  I've long had a hankering for a Thurible augment that makes it into a periodic damage ability.  Similar concept as Aquablades.  Not making Thurible a weapon let alone an Exalted, but vaguely simulating one.  And enabling it to be more active and tactical, rather than something I just want to channel as quickly as possible as infrequently as I can get away with.

How about a weapon (melee) designed for Harrow? It goes in the melee slot under the archetype of whip? With its own whip stance that comes with the weapon (the stance can only be used in that whip, no others). The stance cannot be taken out or replaced by another whip stance, and the whip will take the appearance of a chain. You get the idea.

I believe the signature treatment is what they did with Garuda? Certainly wouldn't expect them to rework his kit to introduce a melee focus (doesn't jive with his headshot mechanic), but adding a weapon that's just available by default wouldn't require any significant change to his abilities.

Unlike Garuda's Tallons, Harrow's whip serves more as a tool rather than an actual weapon. Kinda similar to Octavia's roller or Wisp's reservoirs.
But considering where Harrow currently stands, he's already a decent Frame that currently does not need any extra feature or improvements atm, so it's very unlikely they'd add that.

On 2021-09-12 at 11:52 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Semi-related:  I've long had a hankering for a Thurible augment that makes it into a periodic damage ability.  Similar concept as Aquablades.  Not making Thurible a weapon let alone an Exalted, but vaguely simulating one.  And enabling it to be more active and tactical, rather than something I just want to channel as quickly as possible as infrequently as I can get away with.

AoE Gas damage whenever you channel Thurible?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Frostelus said:

Unlike Garuda's Tallons, Harrow's whip serves more as a tool rather than an actual weapon. Kinda similar to Octavia's roller or Wisp's reservoirs.
But considering where Harrow currently stands, he's already a decent Frame that currently does not need any extra feature or improvements atm, so it's very unlikely they'd add that.

I'd make the argument that allies getting kills under Thurible should restore his energy as well, only because it makes a good team frame somewhat selfish: if I can't get any kills because my allies are melting everything, I can't keep everyones kits going.

On 2021-09-13 at 12:52 AM, Tiltskillet said:

I agree an augment would be the way to do this, and I've always thought it could be cool to make a thurible augment that does some kind of damage/aoe/cc effect. 

I've though it could do one thing while channeling, and another when thurible is now active and proccing from headshots, idk what damage/cc stuff it would do during each phase though. Haven't thought my idea through that far yet xD. 

Archived