Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime - Weapon mutation concept + Improved strain helminth charger!

(PSN)W0LF-IMPERIAL-

So i had an idea on how they could improve Nidus Prime so his weapons don't seem so random without breaking the lore. I created a in depth tweet you can find here:

Basically:

Nidus Prime when using infested weaponry would mutate that weaponry. Increasing its stats like that to the finest works of the orokin. 

How would it work?

When using infested weaponry with Nidus Prime he will use his abilities to mutate that weapon using his own body which would explain that gold hue since there is gold on him and in his abilities. This could work a few ways:

1. The weapon will slowly change appearances from 0-10 stacks and at 10 take on a new appearance and gain prime like buffs. There could be skins per weapon type or if feeling really ambitious per weapon.

2. The weapon automatically gets the skin and buffs applied upon equipping it on Nidus prime.

3. The weapons are only buffed when in ravenous.

What about the lore?

The team stated they were unsure how Nidus Prime was going to work since infestation is "Allergic" to Orokin/prime stuff. However if he was improving infested or non prime weaponry with his own abilitied then that doesn't matter in the end? He also can clearly create/manipulate the metal on his body since its seen in his abilities.

How would the weapons improve?

Its basically the difference between a base weapon and prime weapon. Theres a few things that could be done here but ill leave that up to the dev teams. 

Why?

To me it felt weird Nidus would be released with prime weapons since the infestation is "Allergic" to orokin stuff. So this might fit better.

Final notes:

This is just an idea since im such a big Nidus fan and feel a little weird about his selection of weapons. Also how the hell did he infest a Necramech? Arent those also partially orokin? Or are we on the lines of "Haha deimos mech go infestation go brrrrrr"?

Update 1:

Thanks to: (PSN)chris1pat8twins

Their additions:

"To me I always pictured Nidus Prime being the first infested. At least one of the first. Like he was created with a sort of Prime strain of the infested virus. 

Anyways, I always figured he could have had infested weapons strictly unique to him. Because he basically created them. Basically his mutation spread to his weapons. Over time they became full prime infested weapons. 

To branch from the lore even further, instead of a regular cyst, he could infect other frames with a prime strain variant of the cyst. If used on a Kubrow egg, it creates a prime Helminth charger, modeled similar to Nidus Prime. 

At some point the infested weapons need a superior variant similar to vandals, wraiths, prismas, and primes. What easier way to do so than to give them a prime infested strain variant? Maybe a certain resource is rewarded when using the Helminth chair to remove the cyst? And that resource is needed to build a prime strain variant of the infested weapons? 

Heck, this could be an opportunity for DE to release stronger infested. By having scientists who got a hold on the prime strain of infested virus and ended up creating a superior breed? Maybe what truly makes the prime strain superior is their intelligence. They are a bit smart than your average infested. Heck, they could redesign Lephantis to be of the Prime strain.

Either way, the point is they could have created infested prime weapons exclusive to Nidus Prime. With his biology being the answer to the how. Which wouldn’t exactly break lore. Prime simply means first. It doesn’t mean Orokin. And Nidus prime’s mutation could be the answer to a lot of things. Including his biology being the key to even superior infested enemies."

If you like this idea i made a petition: https://chng.it/BZgd54RrZv

22 hours ago, (PSN)W0LF-IMPERIAL- said:

So i had an idea on how they could improve Nidus Prime so his weapons don't seem so random without breaking the lore. I created a in depth tweet you can find here:

Basically:

Nidus Prime when using infested weaponry would mutate that weaponry. Increasing its stats like that to the finest works of the orokin. 

How would it work?

When using infested weaponry with Nidus Prime he will use his abilities to mutate that weapon using his own body which would explain that gold hue since there is gold on him and in his abilities. This could work a few ways:

1. The weapon will slowly change appearances from 0-10 stacks and at 10 take on a new appearance and gain prime like buffs. There could be skins per weapon type or if feeling really ambitious per weapon.

2. The weapon automatically gets the skin and buffs applied upon equipping it on Nidus prime.

3. The weapons are only buffed when in ravenous.

What about the lore?

The team stated they were unsure how Nidus Prime was going to work since infestation is "Allergic" to Orokin/prime stuff. However if he was improving infested or non prime weaponry with his own abilitied then that doesn't matter in the end? He also can clearly create/manipulate the metal on his body since its seen in his abilities.

How would the weapons improve?

Its basically the difference between a base weapon and prime weapon. Theres a few things that could be done here but ill leave that up to the dev teams. 

Why?

To me it felt weird Nidus would be released with prime weapons since the infestation is "Allergic" to orokin stuff. So this might fit better.

Final notes:

This is just an idea since im such a big Nidus fan and feel a little weird about his selection of weapons. Also how the hell did he infest a Necramech? Arent those also partially orokin? Or are we on the lines of "Haha deimos mech go infestation go brrrrrr"?

If you like this idea i made a petition: https://chng.it/BZgd54RrZv

Too me I always pictured Nidus Prime being the first infested. At least one of the first. Like he was created with a sort of Prime strain of the infested virus. 

Anyways, I always figured he could have had infested weapons strictly unique to him. Because he basically created them. Basically his mutation spread to his weapons. Over time they became full prime infested weapons. 

To branch from the lore even further, instead of a regular cyst, he could infect other frames with a prime strain variant of the cyst. If used on a Kubrow egg, it creates a prime Helminth charger, modeled similar to Nidus Prime. 

At some point the infested weapons need a superior variant similar to vandals, wraiths, prismas, and primes. What easier way to do so than to give them a prime infested strain variant? Maybe a certain resource is rewarded when using the Helminth chair to remove the cyst? And that resource is needed to build a prime strain variant of the infested weapons? 

Heck, this could be an opportunity for DE to release stronger infested. By having scientists who got a hold on the prime strain of infested virus and ended up creating a superior breed? Maybe what truly makes the prime strain superior is their intelligence. They are a bit smart than your average infested. Heck, they could redesign Lephantis to be of the Prime strain.

Either way, the point is they could have created infested prime weapons exclusive to Nidus Prime. With his biology being the answer to the how. Which wouldn’t exactly break lore. Prime simply means first. It doesn’t mean Orokin. And Nidus prime’s mutation could be the answer to a lot of things. Including his biology being the key to even superior infested enemies. 

15 hours ago, Enderman20 said:

Interesting, and logically acceptable. That would be a really cool thing to see in the game, also because infested weapons don't have variations.

Don’t forget Umbra created his sword. Shouldn’t be hard to imagine Nidus Prime infecting his weapons with a sort of prime strain of the infested virus. Maybe he was more complete, more… perfect. While the rest of the infestation were sort of imperfect. Lack of IQ. Unstable. Etc.

Surprised they didn’t create like a prime cyst that he infects other frames with. That can be used to create a Prime Strain Helminth Charger. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Too me I always pictured Nidus Prime being the first infested. At least one of the first. Like he was created with a sort of Prime strain of the infested virus. 

To branch from the lore even further, instead of a regular cyst, he could infect other frames with a prime strain variant of the cyst. If used on a Kubrow egg, it creates a prime Helminth charger, modeled similar to Nidus Prime. 

At some point the infested weapons need a superior variant similar to vandals, wraiths, prismas, and primes. What easier way to do so than to give them a prime infested strain variant? Maybe a certain resource is rewarded when using the Helminth chair to remove the cyst? And that resource is needed to build a prime strain variant of the infested weapons? 

Heck, this could be an opportunity for DE to release stronger infested. By having scientists who got a hold on the prime strain of infested virus and ended up creating a superior breed? Maybe what truly makes the prime strain superior is their intelligence. They are a bit smart than your average infested. Heck, they could redesign Lephantis to be of the Prime strain.

Either way, the point is they could have created infested prime weapons exclusive to Nidus Prime. With his biology being the answer to the how. Which wouldn’t exactly break lore. Prime simply means first. It doesn’t mean Orokin. And Nidus prime’s mutation could be the answer to a lot of things. Including his biology being the key to even superior infested enemies. 

I love these additions! Added them to the original post with credit ofcourse :)

I think that buffing weapons by how many stacks he has makes sense, he changes when he has enough stacks so why not his weapons doing this too? Even if the buff is a small one, like adding an extra 0.2 multishot for each stage of mutation that Nidus goes through by building up stacks (yeah, I know multishot doesn't affect melee, but to be fair melee is too good in its current state).

For normal Nidus having a light layer of current infestation cover his weapons, while for Nidus Prime having a more dense layer of his infestation cover parts of his weapons.

Archived