Jump to content

Umm I have an issue with Host migration thing and how to fix it


ThompFox15
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, recently I just get host migration for 2nd time, and I hate them so much. I have a good internet but it somehow host migration. Do you know what cause this? It's very annoying that I fail to finish my Hydroloyst NW mission

Edited by ThompFox15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

host migration is the final boss in warframe, and the only way to beat it is to play solo. even if you have a group with stable connections one minute, one of them could crash and then you're stuck with the migration process. at this point it's just something most people have learned to accept, since DE have no intention of finding a way to solve the problem on their end. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

host migration is the final boss in warframe, and the only way to beat it is to play solo. even if you have a group with stable connections one minute, one of them could crash and then you're stuck with the migration process. at this point it's just something most people have learned to accept, since DE have no intention of finding a way to solve the problem on their end. 

 

I agree Host Migration is the final boss. Yeah...I agree but well I have to pray all day long to not host migrated because I can't solo with these 3 giant dudes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, if you're always losing the squad at every host migration, then your internet can't be that good (or some other factor).

Not to brag, just to illustrate, but I have a good connection, and when I go through a host migration, I have around 95% chance to be chosen as new host, put back into the game with all my progress intact and with the surviving players.

 

Another thing, for hydrolist, you might want to HURRY when the last boss goes down. Grab the loot and archwing immediately to extract. Because some players, trying to get several runs in the same night, will just leave squad instantly if they see even one stragler to save the minute of wait time. Not that I agree with this practice, but that's very much a thing on open worlds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Well, if you're always losing the squad at every host migration, then your internet can't be that good (or some other factor).

Not to brag, just to illustrate, but I have a good connection, and when I go through a host migration, I have around 95% chance to be chosen as new host, put back into the game with all my progress intact and with the surviving players.

 

Another thing, for hydrolist, you might want to HURRY when the last boss goes down. Grab the loot and archwing immediately to extract. Because some players, trying to get several runs in the same night, will just leave squad instantly if they see even one stragler to save the minute of wait time. Not that I agree with this practice, but that's very much a thing on open worlds.

Hmmm okay. What do you mean some players trying to get several runs?  I thought we have to capture tridolon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plains host migration is different from the rest of the game, but there are some things that can help.

1: Lower your maximum ping in your matchmaking settings. This can help prevent joining bad hosts.

2: Make sure you are in the correct matchmaking region. If you live in North America but have your matchmaking region set to somewhere else, like Asia, then you can get more host migrations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Plains host migration is different from the rest of the game, but there are some things that can help.

1: Lower your maximum ping in your matchmaking settings. This can help prevent joining bad hosts.

2: Make sure you are in the correct matchmaking region. If you live in North America but have your matchmaking region set to somewhere else, like Asia, then you can get more host migrations.

Oh ok thank you for the tips! I live in Asia I play in Asia server but maybe ping is my problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

put back into the game with all my progress intact

I'd like to point out that you do lose some things with host migration. First of all, you lose about 30 seconds (sometime more) as the game stutters around fixing the host connections. This can cause issues with movement and attacks. I think the game also treats it as if you fell off the map. Any abilities that were ongoing are lost. I've seen Wukong's celestial twin need to be recast, and Rhino's iron skin too. In effect, the remaining players are penalized because the 'host' left.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

I'd like to point out that you do lose some things with host migration. First of all, you lose about 30 seconds (sometime more) as the game stutters around fixing the host connections. This can cause issues with movement and attacks. I think the game also treats it as if you fell off the map. Any abilities that were ongoing are lost. I've seen Wukong's celestial twin need to be recast, and Rhino's iron skin too. In effect, the remaining players are penalized because the 'host' left.

Yeah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

il y a une heure, Lotus-123 a dit :

I'd like to point out that you do lose some things with host migration. First of all, you lose about 30 seconds (sometime more) as the game stutters around fixing the host connections. This can cause issues with movement and attacks. I think the game also treats it as if you fell off the map. Any abilities that were ongoing are lost. I've seen Wukong's celestial twin need to be recast, and Rhino's iron skin too. In effect, the remaining players are penalized because the 'host' left.

Yes, I meant in terms of hard loot. Like if I had been in that situation, I would have needed to recast my buff, but wouldn't have lost any of the item I got before the migration, as it does for some people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

would have needed to recast my buff

in most cases, yes. Recasting is a minor annoyance. But if it's a nightmare mission, with energy drain, you're out of luck. You could be out of energy in normal missions too. I've been in the midst of a bunch of enemies when the host leaves - and suddenly I'm taking damage due to losing iron skin. I guess it's even worse if you're doing a defense mission, and suddenly your snow globe (or other protection) is removed. (that hasn't happened to me yet)

I still feel that it's a bug. Player's shouldn't be penalized because the 'host' leaves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Le 13/09/2021 à 17:29, Lotus-123 a dit :

in most cases, yes. Recasting is a minor annoyance. But if it's a nightmare mission, with energy drain, you're out of luck. You could be out of energy in normal missions too. I've been in the midst of a bunch of enemies when the host leaves - and suddenly I'm taking damage due to losing iron skin. I guess it's even worse if you're doing a defense mission, and suddenly your snow globe (or other protection) is removed. (that hasn't happened to me yet)

I still feel that it's a bug. Player's shouldn't be penalized because the 'host' leaves.

I never said it's not a bug. From what I understand, it's just unavoidable, as a new instance is created, some things just don't carry over.

But it is still such a non issue that I wouldn't even qualify it as "penalizing the player". And what does that even mean really ? It's not like DE decided to punish the players that stick around, pretty much the opposite, since the game is trying its best to keep going as normal.

It has been this way for years, and with this game's spagetti code, it's not going to change anytime soon. Just wait around until you get the right tools so that losing energy and buffs becomes completely inconcequential to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...