Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many hours per day do you have to play to be able to farm new Primes in a reasonable amount of time?

White_Matter

If you're specifically target farming something that is part of the current relic rotation it really doesn't take that long if you're being efficient about it. i.e. running the missions that are the best for that relic and then running that relic in a radshare party. It's a matter of hours, like 5 I think. And that's if you start with nothing at all, and along the way you'll pick up other things as well.

None of the tables get diluted really since with each prime that enters another prime gets vaulted with whatever items they came with. Only the relic packs get slightly diluted due to unvaults, but this does not apply to the evergreen Railjack primes Nyx and Valkyr, except for the Nyx relics tied to the rotational unvault along with rhino.

Everything else gets shuffled around, but it really shouldnt matter if you need X or Y relic for part Z aslong as Y has the same drop rate from the same mission as X had before entering the vault. There are always the same amount of relics in rotation no matter how many primes get released.

40 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

With the dilluted relic tables, it is getting harder and harder to farm relics, whether it is from a syndicate pack or a mission.  This extra step in prime part farming is starting feel like a bigger chore than it has ever been. 

First, please define your view of reasonable. I ask because I've secured new prime parts as fast as an hour, with my usual squad and as long as three days, via casual play with pub. Either way, between trading, friend play, recruit chat and even random play, it's not something I would consider a big chore at all. But, that's due to my own version of reasonable.

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

With the dilluted relic tables, it is getting harder and harder to farm relics, whether it is from a syndicate pack or a mission.

This isn't really true for two reasons:

1. As new Prime items get added to Prime Access, old items enter the Vault and their relics stop being obtainable. Thus, while the number of relics does increase with each new Prime Access, the number of relics you can get from relic packs stays more or less the same, because you cannot receive the relics of vaulted items.
  2. Relics for the new Prime Access will often (though not always) be available in a specific place. For example, Plague Star bounties and the Hemocyte currently drop relics for Nidus Prime Access and only Nidus Prime Access, so it's easy to get a bunch by playing Plague Star. Of course, this is probably less efficient than other methods when comparing the rate of relics obtained over time, but that is the price you pay for specificity.

I honestly feel like farming for Primes is super chill, as long as your definition of "reasonable" is reasonable.

Because honestly, you don't even have to put in any work to get Primes.  No matter what content you are doing, you're going to be getting relics and you're going to be accumulating Syndicate currency, which can be converted into even more relics.  The relics just come to you.

And then if a new Prime comes out and you still haven't gotten an older prime you wanted, guess what?  The amount of relics that have the Prime you want just doubled, so you're getting twice as much of them.  The longer it takes, the easier it gets.

3 hours ago, White_Matter said:

This extra step in prime part farming is starting feel like a bigger chore than it has ever been. 

Yeah, no.
A 9% drop chance on a RotC in T3D was a chore. Ambassador parts have the drop rate of prime loot back in the days of void keys and nobody is excited about Abassador farm.

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

With the dilluted relic tables, it is getting harder and harder to farm relics, whether it is from a syndicate pack or a mission.  This extra step in prime part farming is starting feel like a bigger chore than it has ever been. 

Please tell me how the relic tables are getting diluted?
They are staying rather consistent in size since as a frame and its weapons gets vaulted that removes relics at about the same rate that new relics are added in.

Further please tell me your definition of "reasonable"?
I've managed to farm up Nidus Prime in only a few days an no longer than 1-2 hours per day that I could spare actually playing warframe.  I would call that rather reasonable, but what is reasonable to one person is commonly unreasonable to another.
Plenty of friends have managed to do the same.

And even in cases where it takes longer it rarely takes more than 2 weeks to have everything from the newest PA or unvaulting.

Finally I much rather prefer having to grind out relics every so often as opposed to going "Whelp I have a 5% chance of the item appearing in RotC in a T4D.....hope I don't fall asleep/host migrate part way through that......especially since I'll likely need to go 100+ waves to see the item I'm after....."
I mean take a look at how players are reacting to the Ambassador or Ash parts which are locked behind RotC of specific survival and defense missions, and that is quite literally what we had with void keys.

Relics are a much better farm than the old keys, even with the caveat that you have to farm new relics when a new item drops.

It's pretty easy in a squad. Usuallu you only need a few relics of each part. 

Sometimes you may only need one relic. Just crack it open and as long as one relic in the squad gives the reward you're after, then you can just move onto the next part. 

Sometimes you'll probably need to get a few relics of the rare part, and make sure everyone in squad is rad-share (or if with a trusted group, rad-stagger, or whatever the term is these days).

Couple of hours max, can get it done in one day with a bit of luck.

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

1. Relics for the new Prime Access will often (though not always) be available in a specific place. For example, Plague Star bounties and the Hemocyte currently drop relics for Nidus Prime Access and only Nidus Prime Access, so it's easy to get a bunch by playing Plague Star. Of course, this is probably less efficient than other methods when comparing the rate of relics obtained over time, but that is the price you pay for specificity.

I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I might try plague star if I can bring myself to play it again.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

I've managed to farm up Nidus Prime in only a few days an no longer than 1-2 hours per day that I could spare actually playing warframe. 

That is pretty reasonable in my book.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Relics are a much better farm than the old keys, even with the caveat that you have to farm new relics when a new item drops.

I have to disagree with that. Relic farm, trace farm and then part farm is a grindier process and is much more repetitive.

7 hours ago, White_Matter said:

can't really give you a specific number; my maths is abysmal, and RNG, available Trading and whether or not you just buy PA are all factors.

in the past, I've found you usually have about 2 weeks from launch before the Radshares in recruit chat dry up, which is your best chance at getting rare parts on relics. after that, it becomes much harder to find radshare groups, as most people have what they want by then. trading is the next best option, but you need someone to be online and spot you, who can sell at a price you're willing to pay.. it's a lot of "ifs" and not a lot of certainty, unless you can somehow forge an agreement with somebody to trade with them beforehand on here or Discord etc. for example.

this time around I've actually been very lucky with my farming: 3 rare parts back to back in one night, Strun Prime built and levelled the next day, currently just need only the systems for Nidus and the Barrel and Receiver for Magnus, and not a single trade yet. most of the relic's used were from syndicates, and all Uncommon and Rare drops were opened in a Radshare. this is what it looks like when nearly everything goes to plan and the RNG gods are on your side. it does not always go this easily, in the past it has taken me an entire month of radshares and scouring trade chat to get the parts I want, and I feel like the ones I trade with are either a tiny minority of good samaritans, or one of us is being extorted slightly. (usually me).

TL;DR: grab as many relics on launch day as you can, radshare as much as you can and hope for the best, then start looking at trade. if everything goes well, you might get everything in a couple weeks or sooner, depending on your RNG and trading proficiency. 

if you want to farm them for yourself and are not concerned about making plat i would suggest waiting a few weeks for all the dust to settle and then passively farm it while farming for other things, you'll be surprised how easy it is to farm things when you don't force it or worry about it.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. I might try plague star if I can bring myself to play it again.

Unfortunately DE doesn't go out of their way to say this. You really have to read the patchnotes and pay attention to what is happening around the same time as new Prime Access releases. For instance, the Plague Star patchnotes have this line: "Complete Konzu’s Bounty and earn Operational Supply Standing. Nidus Prime Relics can be found in these Bounties as well as in their normal areas." That's really the only tip-off I saw.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I have to disagree with that. Relic farm, trace farm and then part farm is a grindier process and is much more repetitive.

I think it probably feels that way because the relics are more specific than the Void keys and there's the added component of Void traces, but it's actually easier if you break it down.

With Void keys, you had to farm for the keys and then run the Void missions. With relics, you have to farm for the relics, apply Void traces if necessary, and then run the fissure missions. Let's forget about Void traces for the moment; we'll come back to it later. So the grind is roughly comparable: farm keys/relics, then use them. A two-step grind. However, relics are a better system for two reasons. First, the reward always drops after a single rotation of the mission. With the old Void key system, some of the Prime parts were on Survival rotation C drop tables, meaning you had to use a Void key and wait 20 minutes to even get a chance to receive the part you wanted. That is not the case with relics. To open a relic you need to do 5 minutes of Survival, 1 wave of Interception, 200 cryotic in Excavation, et cetera. If you want to stay 20 minutes, you can put in a relic 4 times and get 4 chances of the part you want instead of 1 (we'll discuss this disparity in investment for endless missions later).

The second reason relics are better is that you can use Void traces to increase the probability. With the "radshare" method, you can increase your probability of getting a rare drop from a relic to just over 1 in 3 (34.39%). That means that, on average, it would take you 3 relics and 15 minutes (or less, depending on mission type) to get the rarest part of any Prime Access.

Void trace farming does add a third layer of grind to the process, but you get Void traces from opening relics. If you passively crack open some relics every now and then, you should hit your cap. My cap is about 1600, so I can make 16 radiant relics. If I do radshares, then that's enough to get 5 different, specific rare Prime parts on average (3 radiant relics should give you the rare part if you do radshares). Most Prime Accesses have about 5 rare Prime parts, with the rest being uncommon or common. So, I don't intentionally farm for Void traces, and when I need them, my stockpile is roughly sufficient for everything I need. Of course, players with lower caps will be less able to stock up on Void traces, but that's part of the incentive to raise your MR.

The only aspect in which Void keys were better than relics is that you could put in one Void key for an endless mission and stay there as long as you wanted, collecting Prime parts every 5 minutes with only 1 Void key invested. This was of course changed so that you need to put in a relic every rotation. The disparity is slightly off-set by the increasing, rotating boosters and extra relics you gain during endless Void fissures, but it probably boils down to the fact that DE looked at the system and didn't like how many Prime parts you could get with just one Void key. If DE ever decided to change it back to the Void key system, this aspect and their view on it would still be the same, and they'd likely keep it the same, and you would have to put in a new Void key every 5 minutes just like you do now, because that aspect of the system was changed for different reasons than the rest of the system.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

But tbh my main gripe is the naming.. at first it was okay ish but now we're in double digit territory which is just exhausting. And using search on console is anything but fun and intuitive.. 

This is the first PA where I've really been annoyed by the naming.  There's a Neo N16 and N17.  And then a Lith T7 and N7.  Hosting a radshare for the Lith T7 was a nightmare.  I went through group after group where we'd be all set and then some idiot without a shred of reading comprehension would load in with a radiant N7.

Archived