Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many hours per day do you have to play to be able to farm new Primes in a reasonable amount of time?

White_Matter

12 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I think it probably feels that way because the relics are more specific than the Void keys and there's the added component of Void traces, but it's actually easier if you break it down.

With Void keys, you had to farm for the keys and then run the Void missions. With relics, you have to farm for the relics, apply Void traces if necessary, and then run the fissure missions. Let's forget about Void traces for the moment; we'll come back to it later. So the grind is roughly comparable: farm keys/relics, then use them. A two-step grind. However, relics are a better system for two reasons. First, the reward always drops after a single rotation of the mission. With the old Void key system, some of the Prime parts were on Survival rotation C drop tables, meaning you had to use a Void key and wait 20 minutes to even get a chance to receive the part you wanted. That is not the case with relics. To open a relic you need to do 5 minutes of Survival, 1 wave of Interception, 200 cryotic in Excavation, et cetera. If you want to stay 20 minutes, you can put in a relic 4 times and get 4 chances of the part you want instead of 1 (we'll discuss this disparity in investment for endless missions later).

The second reason relics are better is that you can use Void traces to increase the probability. With the "radshare" method, you can increase your probability of getting a rare drop from a relic to just over 1 in 3 (34.39%). That means that, on average, it would take you 3 relics and 15 minutes (or less, depending on mission type) to get the rarest part of any Prime Access.

Void trace farming does add a third layer of grind to the process, but you get Void traces from opening relics. If you passively crack open some relics every now and then, you should hit your cap. My cap is about 1600, so I can make 16 radiant relics. If I do radshares, then that's enough to get 5 different, specific rare Prime parts on average (3 radiant relics should give you the rare part if you do radshares). Most Prime Accesses have about 5 rare Prime parts, with the rest being uncommon or common. So, I don't intentionally farm for Void traces, and when I need them, my stockpile is roughly sufficient for everything I need. Of course, players with lower caps will be less able to stock up on Void traces, but that's part of the incentive to raise your MR.

The only aspect in which Void keys were better than relics is that you could put in one Void key for an endless mission and stay there as long as you wanted, collecting Prime parts every 5 minutes with only 1 Void key invested. This was of course changed so that you need to put in a relic every rotation. The disparity is slightly off-set by the increasing, rotating boosters and extra relics you gain during endless Void fissures, but it probably boils down to the fact that DE looked at the system and didn't like how many Prime parts you could get with just one Void key. If DE ever decided to change it back to the Void key system, this aspect and their view on it would still be the same, and they'd likely keep it the same, and you would have to put in a new Void key every 5 minutes just like you do now, because that aspect of the system was changed for different reasons than the rest of the system.

Traces are required for anything that isn't intact. You either invest 100 or nothing. So the relic refinement is an illusion, a scam imo. Never seen anyone run anything other than intact or radiant on recruiting chat for that reason. Eitherway, trace farm is a must for tha reason and if you don't get lucky and get your rare part in the first few runs then you may need up to 800 traces per rare part. 

Also like you mentioned, 1 key was enough to host a game of 4 for indefinite amount of time, meaning the key farm wasn't as excessive as relic farm. Sure, farming a rare part off of a key took longer sometimes, but then I spend hours farming the relics I want before I get to farming the part.

And this can be a more personal choice but I don't like too many repetitions. So repeating individual shorter relic runs and relic/trace farm gets me bored and frustrated alot quicker, especially considering that fissure missions are regular missions with no nuances. 

Would the key system work today ? I don't think so, because there have been way too many primes added to the table, but it definitely was a more player friendly system and would prefer it today if  they could improve upon it and polish it. 

Yesterday I spent around 2-3 hours farming relics. And I didn't get many honestly. I got 4 lith n7 from relic packs and that was it. I ran 3 of those N7's today with 4 man full rad squads and didn't get the chasis. I refined a few other relics in the process so now I have no traces left and no parts. I did 3 runs of plague star hoping to get relics but I didn't. So in 2 days I played around 5-6 hours, and I'm out of traces, almost out of relics for Nidus and I have no parts.

On 2021-09-13 at 12:45 PM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Hence I'd rather push for a kiosk for exchange. (I get why stacking them into the hundreds isn't a thing, but a kiosk to exchange excess ones would be appreciated, like 1 to 5 ducats per relic)

Considering how difficult it can be at times to obtain specific relics, I'm surprised there isn't a way to exchange X amount of certain, similar relics for a specific one that's needed/desired. A direct exchange of Neo for Neo, Axi for Axi, etc. would be really nice. So many hours spent farming for specific relics, farming traces, not being able to get what you want after however many tries. It's exhausting and really takes away time from a lot of other content. I've had days where I'll farm the entire day away to get one specific relic, only to either never get or never get the item I want from it.

I can't really think of some cons for that idea, seeing as I'm pretty tired at the moment, but here's some pros off the top of my head:

- Less time spent in one activity, more time to enjoy other things, overall no burnouts

- No excess amounts of any one specific relic, or relic type

- Plat costs may/may not increase/decrease, ideally for the better (I would think it'd all balance out eventually, so one thing doesn't cost 100's more than another)

Just my two sense, no need to argue it or anything, not really a go/no-go for me lol. At the very least I think the ducat exchange would be really helpful, as a start.

Simple rule. Never do target prime hunting. Stuff comes natural. Just had so many things to trade that I could afford 240p for Indus prime without worrying about the price too much. Just do your routines. Look for cool missions you wanna do. Talk with people. Get prime parts and mods that are worth it naturally. Grofit.

Very little, you can get any tradeable loot and exchange it for the loot your not getting to counteract RNG. If your determined to omit the optimal acquisition strategy though, it'll take you as long as you need to stop being stubborn.

Try farming syndicate standing to purchase relic packs, and run plague star while it's up. 

Archived