Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clem Prime when?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

I've seen people asking in streams and region chat "Clem Prime when" mainly as a joke (very old meme now) but it has got me thinking ever since the Tennocon demo of the Grineer and Corpus runabout. 

I actually do want to grow my own Clem Prime, a Grineer in our Arsenal that we can control with some kind of Tenno augment. Move around the Kuva Fortress or Vay Hek's home base in disguise for some reason.

While I'm talking about it, purchasing a Corpus unit into our Arsenal might be cool, too. Not sure what it'd be called, though. Might be useful for Jupiter/Vallis Sentient Laboratory investigations?

Infested... well, Warframes are a version of Infested anyway, as far as I understand it, but an infested drone mission carrying a farting scuttlebutt for some kind of espionage/sabotage/photography/reconnaissances might be an interesting mission. (Think GTAonline Terrabyte diamond mission, sort of).

Thoughts?

I think it a;; depends how the New War is actually going to be structured and whether or not we'll be using any of those systems in future content. We know that playing as established characters isn't a problem for DE, what with a playable Teshin section, so could both Kahl and Clem be playable? Time will tell

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

Clem Prime when?

If it didnt exist in the Orokin Era and was directly used/made by the Orokin then it cant be Primed.

Tho it would be cute to see him stitching/gluing Orokin ornaments on to his armor and pretending he was either a Corrupted unit or Primed one of sorts. ^^

we already have Clem prime

his name is Kahl-175 and he's a vast improvement: only needs one Grakata and a machete to kill dozens of sentients, can wield Orokin Era weapons and is a total bada$$ with 100% loyalty to the Queens and 110% loyalty to his brothers. dude earned respect from Vay Hek himself, something nobody else has ever done. 

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Thats not Grineer Prime, its a Grineer who stole a Prime weapon, that doesnt make it canon...

Thats a Grineer from before/during the Fall. Outfited with Orokin weapons, Orokin styled armor.

Grunts in all ways, but actually well equipped and without the Clone Rot that plagues the current Era Grineer.

And just like Primes are the Orokin enhanced versions of the knock-off we have, those Grineer are the Orokin maintained versions of the knock-offs we know.

Is it possible for Tenno to inhabit other organic matter though? 

Thinking about it from storyline... iirc, Tenno are able to connect to their Warframes because there's some ancestral compatibility, right? Excalibur Umbra some sort of great great grandfather and Teshin was meant to be some kind of Uncle, I think? I need to play that quest again.

Anyway. We know that something can do it, "That is not a Warframe but an empty puppet of infested flesh," I'm guessing Hunhow or some other AI, so surely Tenno can do it too?

Historically, Orokin used Grineer engineering and Corpus technology and combined services throughout their empire right? Leading on from that, both factions' technology would be fundamental ingredients in Warframe creation (Orokin souped it all up with closely guarded secrets).

It's this line of thinking that leads me to believe that a Tenno could use Transference into a calibrated Grineer clone. Maybe even an uncalibrated one? Then again, Grineer clones are supposedly a product of inferior shoddy workmanship which shouldn't last long under stress. Heh. A Tenno could Transfer into Grineer and make its head pop? 

Corpus units are augmented flesh anyway, so hacking into one shouldn't be a problem... but I'd have concerns if the unit was a Fortuna victim. Potential storytime there, though? But again, Transference might overload the systems and make it short-lived.

Infested might actively fight back on a Transference. That could be especially dangerous for a Tenno. What if we tried to control an Ancient but then started hearing hive mind voices? We'd start attacking our squad mates and try to eat them. :/

11 hours ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

Is it possible for Tenno to inhabit other organic matter though? 

They do. They are called "Warframes".

Thinking about it from storyline... iirc, Tenno are able to connect to their Warframes because there's some ancestral compatibility, right? Excalibur Umbra some sort of great great grandfather and Teshin was meant to be some kind of Uncle, I think? I need to play that quest again.

... No. Umbra was a tortured Dax Soldier forced to relieve his last memory before he turned into a Warframe: Turning into an Infested and killing his own son.

"Uncle" Teshin is a community thing, not an in-universe thing.

Historically, Orokin used Grineer engineering and Corpus technology and combined services throughout their empire right? Leading on from that, both factions' technology would be fundamental ingredients in Warframe creation (Orokin souped it all up with closely guarded secrets).

No. Grinner were an slave Clone Race made by the Orokin to always be slaves. Its only after a Grinner killed a Sentient with a shovel, they started to use them in the War.

Corpus were a merchant cult, but still subservient to the Orokin. Even with being recognized by the Orokin, Parvos Granum, was still a citizen under Orokin rule.

It's this line of thinking that leads me to believe that a Tenno could use Transference into a calibrated Grineer clone. Maybe even an uncalibrated one? Then again, Grineer clones are supposedly a product of inferior shoddy workmanship which shouldn't last long under stress. Heh. A Tenno could Transfer into Grineer and make its head pop? 

They can use Transference on anyone according to Steve to a question after TWW came out, but its a gameplay limitation of "Would you trade your powerful Warframe and gear for a weaker unit?", it would be niche at best.

Corpus units are augmented flesh anyway, so hacking into one shouldn't be a problem... but I'd have concerns if the unit was a Fortuna victim. Potential storytime there, though? But again, Transference might overload the systems and make it short-lived.

Corpus are indoctrinated, likely augmented, likely cyberpunked, might be purely mechanical, still linked to the brain and not digital at all like MOAs, so hacking them might be just not feasible because what needs hacking is organic.

Infested might actively fight back on a Transference. That could be especially dangerous for a Tenno. What if we tried to control an Ancient but then started hearing hive mind voices? We'd start attacking our squad mates and try to eat them. :/

Might, but Infested are a Hive Mind and together they could. But an isolated unit? Unlikely.

Helminth IS Infested and he fears the Tenno Operator. Nothing says that the Tenno can even be Infested because of their nature as "existing in the fold between two worlds" as semi-energy beings.

Archived