Eidolon Hunts Being Locked to Day/Night Cycle needs to Go!

Reaver_X

31 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

These are pretty easy problem to solve. You make an instanced bounty that always creates a nighttime instance of the plains. You make the mission timed to 1 hour with forced extraction (with everything you've collected up to that point saved) at the end of the time limit.  You have optional extraction prior to that for people who need/want to leave before the time limit is up. You could even go a step further and make it so playing that bounty and killing/capturing at least teralyst puts the bounty (join and host) on cooldown for you for X amount of time if you need to limit the amount of 5x3's per day.

Edit: this would necessitate having a way to start an addtional cycle of eidolons without resetting to cetus but frankly I think it would be better to not have a cooldown on the bounty at all and just open the floodgates for eidolon hunts and arcanes. The only people that benefit from the restrictions are market barons and people chasing anything that will make them feel their epeen is bigger.

Yea not a bad idea. It's still up the DE though. And it's still people asking for easier access to like the games only rare item. Similar to lowering forma time by only 1 hour, Warframe isn't gonna let its highest prize item flood the market too much, which is why it's diluted in Rot C orphix and eidolons and which is why the events were temporary.

It would completely destroy the arcane market if we just open the flood gates by completely removing the time gate. However, I do have a middle ground solution.

Add a new Eidolon Hunt daily bounty that any player can attempt  at any time daily. Once you finished the bounty, you can no longer re-attempt it until the next daily reset.

This will allow time constrained players not missing out on Eidolon content while still keeping Arcanes a "worth to sell" commodity.

Edited by DrivaMain

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yep and it is a shame because I really liked the interactive mission thing. Really really bummed out that they ended up ditching that idea.

I really liked the whole event too! I liked the different squads supporting each other. If I entered a relay and saw lots of squads on Earth or Space, I would be able to choose the other.

It annoyed me that players said Scarlet Spear was a glorified mobile defense. For me it was more survival than defense.

On topic: I like the idea of setting a one-hour time limit when starting the Eidolon bounty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It would completely destroy the arcane market if we just open the flood gates and completely remove the time gate. However, I do have a middle ground solution.

Add a new Eidolon Hunt daily bounty that any player can attempt  at any time daily. Once you finished the bounty, you can no longer re-attempt it until the next daily reset.

This will allow time constrained players not missing out on Eidolon content while still keeping Arcanes a "worth to sell" commodity.

Like a "sortie version" of the Eidolon Hunt? I could dig that!

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea not a bad idea. It's still up the DE though. And it's still people asking for easier access to like the games only rare item. Similar to lowering forma time by only 1 hour, Warframe isn't gonna let its highest prize item flood the market too much, which is why it's diluted in Rot C orphix and eidolons and which is why the events were temporary.

Well yeah, everything is ultimately up DE.

I'm kinda on the other side of the fence when it comes to opening the arcane floodgates. Years ago arcanes weren't really core to endgame progression. They were a very special feather in your cap for competing end game activities that made the game easier. Fast forward to now and it's assumed everyone is gearing up with arcanes by at least the end of the starchart and upon starting steel path for sure. The need vs the acquisition equation has changed drastically on the need end but barely budged on the acquisition end.

Don't even get me started on how much forma we need nowadays >.>

• Like 2

one change i'd make to the sortie idea is that you could run it more than just once in a day, maybe bump it up to like 5 times a day so  you could at least get a good haul without having to rely too much on the day night cycle.

Time displacement field. On the left is Poe day. On the right in Poe night. We know there's portals to take us to different time periods at least from that one lua spy. I think it's Lua at least.

I think I meant temporal displacement but I am not super smart on the subject haha

Edited by (PSN)Hotdog_Water666

On 2021-09-13 at 8:05 PM, LillyRaccune said:

It annoyed me that players said Scarlet Spear was a glorified mobile defense. For me it was more survival than defense.

The space part was definitely a glorified mobile defense. The ground portion was more survival.

Just now, -AncientWarrior- said:

DE should just put a few Ropalolyst  in the daytime so we could hunt them - yay 

How? We don't have the giant bug zappers and big laser to take it out. The boss would have to be totally reworked but then people will complain that the rework should apply to the Jupiter node too.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

Time displacement field. On the left is Poe day. On the right in Poe night. We know there's portals to take us to different time periods at least from that one lua spy. I think it's Lua at least.

That isn't what a time displacement field is. If you've ever seen SG-1, you should know what a time displacement field is.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

I haven't and I don't know I should've just said portals through time I guess

I'm one who (personally) thinks that we are not going thru time portals on Lua Spy. Makes no sense, since we don't encounter any Orokin during these trips, only drones. Though, the spy on Lua overall doesn't make any sense. Lua wouldn't have any current information that would affect us now and IF we are traveling thru time portals, then we are retrieving outdated information. Lua Spy needs to go or needs to be reworked.

On 2021-09-13 at 5:06 PM, Reaver_X said:

So, after several years now, and many Nightwave's, theres been one consistant thing between a lot of the nightwave missions for me. I have absolutely no problem doing the exploiter or Profit taker Missions, because i can literally just jump in and do it any time,

Eidolons though, i have to wait for a certain time to do it in, and its only a 1 hour window which makes things much more annoying than they should be, its a huge inconvenience and tbh is the reason i end up skipping those challenges altogether.

There is no beneficial reason to keep it like this when you could just as easily make it so that there is a way to enter and instanced version of the plains where it stays night, and you would just talk to Konzu and ask to "Wait till nighttime" or something to that effect.

And i don't wanna hear any BS about people being able to farm the eidolons too much because theres no time limit on the Orb spiders and theres no issue there, and so what if Eidolons have arcanes and the exploiters don't, Scarlet Spear basically invalidates all of that anyway and is pretty much where i got all my arcanes thus far from because eidolon hunting is such a pain in the arse.

I would love to want to do more eidolon stuff but this really is a major turn off, Consider changing it DE, i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.

If DE had the ability to add instances in open world maps, we would have had the ability to pause the game while solo in the Plains like we can do in the star chart.

Don't count on it. They likely want to but can't due to technical issues.

Edited by Jarriaga

51 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

If DE had the ability to add instances in open world maps, we would have had the ability to pause the game while solo in the Plains like we can do in the star chart.

Don't count on it. They likely want to but can't due to technical issues.

They have displayed the ability to make an instanced (although still clock bound) version of Orb vallis with the profit taker and Exploiter Fights.

Before or even at the same time they need to change the fact Riven Transmuters are only obtainable via Tridolons. That system is so outdated and entirely painful to anyone who even cares about either rivens or Eidolons both for the same reason on either end - you either have way too many that you can't do anything with or you have none and no other way to obtain them. It's such a stupid system that has remained restricted for way too long.

The Eidolons being a night time act only makes sense with the lore but I don't remember if it's tied to that specific place.   If it's not, then I don't see why there can't be Eidolon hunt locations on any "night" location on the planet, and even up it to different locations for different Eidolons. 

• Like 1

I am personally not a fan of Eidolon fights due to many reasons (eye bleed being the top reason)

But yes it is a bit miffing that eidolons can be completely missed by players purely based on when they normally play the game.

Although I don't want to see eidolons in the day (it kinda goes against the whole night of the living dead thing) I wouldn't mind the ability to turn night into day. Like the bloodcursed arrows from Skyrim. Maybe make it a rare drop or require special crafting components and inventory limit to not make it spammable.

2021/9/14 AM8点00分 , DrivaMain 说:

It would completely destroy the arcane market if we just open the flood gates by completely removing the time gate. However, I do have a middle ground solution.

What's so special about the arcane market that takes priority over game play design?

30 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

What's so special about the arcane market that takes priority over game play design?

Considering POE have been like this for like 4 years now, the game play design seems to be as intended.

I'd also assume DE wants some rough control on the purchasing power of plat.