Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunts Being Locked to Day/Night Cycle needs to Go!

Reaver_X

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Hmm , probably should have said players can solo or Pub orbs with little effort as compared to tridolons that need pre made squads to be effective. I have actually solo'd tridolons a few times myself so use your "git gud" argument on someone actually needing to git gud. I simply dont enjoy them as a mechanic and stopped once i maxed my focus skills.

I have no idea where racing games came into the picture and what you meant by unintentional , you will need to be clear if you want people to understand you.

Time constraints exist in many games true, but usually not tied with actual out of game times, it is usually associated with in game triggers. You can still have a 15 to 45 minute time constraint but you can decide when that timer starts.

Being condescending is also not gonna help if you want other people to listen , especially telling them to shut up will usually make them be louder, sound logical reasoning will be heard better than angry noise.

Also Eidolons are not harder , they just need better management of time and resources , none of which will change if you are permitted to enter an instanced zone with its own time constraint. I do not really care for doing Tridolons back to back, but i would like players like me who only log in once a day for a few minutes to have the option to play what i want without needing to set an alarm or reminder for it.

You also have ignored most of my other points which talk about actual differences mechanically between the fights,

Condescending? Read your own message! And now, use your noggin and think about why DE would have locked eidolons behind a time gate. You shouldn't have to think too hard about it. I already posted why. And it's a good reason too. Instead of trying to be right, try to listen. I agree. Eidolons have a lot of complicated mechanics and they are hard to keep up with. Majority of the people love how many mechanics are in play and they like to flex their reflexes, speed, and coordination. I agree with what you are saying about the mechanics but it does not pertain to the argument of eidolon hunting being behind a time gate at all. DE intentionally did it for the reasons listed in my previous message. Instead of trying to shoot down my argument by trying to nibble and peel at any flakes in my wording, actually try to say something about the logic itself. If you are having trouble proving me wrong, maybe you need to stop trying, and pay attention. And I didn't come here to be friendly or appease you people. I came here to shoot down wishful thinking and fill forums with reason and logic. Because as a game developing company, DE does thjngs for a psychological reason because they want their players to have fun. And they want their players to have fun because they like us and they also need money. You need to think about the reason behind something before you try to get greedy and make "should" or "should not" statements. And the instanced time things that you said, where it's it's own time limit for each person that chooses to do the eidolons... have you thought about the the programming that would need to be done? Do you think the servers could handle something like that? Do you think that people would still want to do 4x3s 5x3s 6x3s? Some types of game modes aren't for everyone. That doesn't mean they should be changed. Especially not for a minority. 🙂and have you thought about maybe not playing the game mode? If you don't like it, maybe it's just not your style. Maybe you aren't suited towards a fast highly intuitive gameplay loop that requires that much preparation and skill. There's nothing wrong with that. Different people have different preferences. Me, along with the vast majority of eidolon hunters know why DE has made eidolons the way they are. Behind time gates and with complicated mechanics. It's because a time limit is harder and it's a specific time for everyone to get together and start working on eidolon hunts. Having that specific time brings people together towards a same goal. It also makes it easier to find squads.

1 hour ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

Condescending? Read your own message! 

I did , and nowhere have I tried to act superior or better than other players or suggested them to git gud.

And now, use your noggin and think about why DE would have locked eidolons behind a time gate. 

As a replacement to raids to house the arcane rewards and to increase the time needed to grind the rewards (which previously needed a 6 hour key) so players can keep coming back at a regular interval and stretch their existing content that much longer so players don't finish everything in a rush.

I not only use my noggin I am also aware of the history behind the content.

You shouldn't have to think too hard about it. I already posted why. And it's a good reason too. 

You posted what you feel is a good reason , unless you are a member of the team that designed the eidolons your reasons are as good as sea foam.

Instead of trying to be right, try to listen.

Difficult to do without audio :p or the sound of your self righteousness.

I agree. Eidolons have a lot of complicated mechanics and they are hard to keep up with. Majority of the people love how many mechanics are in play and they like to flex their reflexes, speed, and coordination. I agree with what you are saying about the mechanics but it does not pertain to the argument of eidolon hunting being behind a time gate at all. 

I agree they are difficult to understand for those relatively new. But once you get used to it, it's just following the rhyme. The mechanics will remain unchanged even if it no longer as strictly time gated for initiation.

. DE intentionally did it for the reasons listed in my previous message. 

Ah, I did not know DE consulted with you before implementing eidolons.

Instead of trying to shoot down my argument by trying to nibble and peel at any flakes in my wording, actually try to say something about the logic itself. If you are having trouble proving me wrong, maybe you need to stop trying, and pay attention. 

*Nom nom nom* The logic is simple , the eidolons are gated because DE wants us to pace the rate at which we can clear it to obtain rewards considered valuable and gameplay altering. They have kind of gotten a mixed bag as most just went the opposite direction and found tactics to burst through as much of the content in as short a time as possible. 

. If you are having trouble proving me wrong, maybe you need to stop trying, and pay attention. 

I am having no trouble at all so far .

. And I didn't come here to be friendly or appease you people. I came here to shoot down wishful thinking and fill forums with reason and logic. 

Only thing you have shot down so far is my opinion of your thought process.

And my people are so easy to appease too. We just need popcorn ... And salt.

. Because as a game developing company, DE does thjngs for a psychological reason because they want their players to have fun. And they want their players to have fun because they like us and they also need money. You need to think about the reason behind something before you try to get greedy and make "should" or "should not" statements. 

Any commercial organization does anything for one primary reason , to make a profit. The means to make a profit differs but usually satisfying their customers is one of the crucial common steps.

What you fail to understand is that different people have a different perception of what it means to have fun. You may enjoy time gated content cause you have excess time and the ability to decide your own hours of gaming/work/study/life , does not mean everyone else does. I defintely dont.

DE will try to please the generic majority over a vocal minority any day of the week.

I as one of the consumers am well within my right to make a request, DE is of course free to ignore it , you and your flimsy reasoning is defintely not enough to stop me or others like me.

I personally would prefer a key similar to how the raids keys worked (with a six hour build time and a single inventory limit), to use at any time during the day, to access the tridolons with a very clear limit on the keys.

I really don't care about the rewards.  But I dislike being locked out of anything with no means other than a timer to overcome it.

And the instanced time things that you said, where it's it's own time limit for each person that chooses to do the eidolons... have you thought about the the programming that would need to be done? Do you think the servers could handle something like that? 

You are showing your ignorance by making this statement , there already exists instanced quest (gara quest) that is always at night. Shows your understanding about game design so far.

Do you think that people would still want to do 4x3s 5x3s 6x3s? 

What a rubbish question. As I already said different people have different perceptions of fun. I don't want them to line up and create toxic elitist cesspools , good riddance to bad rubbish in my opinion.

Some types of game modes aren't for everyone. That doesn't mean they should be changed. Especially not for a minority. 🙂and have you thought about maybe not playing the game mode? If you don't like it, maybe it's just not your style. Maybe you aren't suited towards a fast highly intuitive gameplay loop that requires that much preparation and skill. There's nothing wrong with that. Different people have different preferences. 

I agree , it's not for me that's why I mostly  stopped playing it after I got everything it had to offer (still provide ocassional assists to clans and do some for nightwave). And this was before they introduced fortuna. I dislike eidolons for many many reasons including its visuals , the eliticism it festers and the mechanics which are not really complex , just a bit parallel to the base game, and inability to simply do it if I feel like it any time of the day.

And I will always support any changes which will make it more palatable for me and those like me in reasonable ways.

. Me, along with the vast majority of eidolon hunters know why DE has made eidolons the way they are. Behind time gates and with complicated mechanics. It's because a time limit is harder and it's a specific time for everyone to get together and start working on eidolon hunts. Having that specific time brings people together towards a same goal. It also makes it easier to find squads.

Good for you mate , I have seen similar (almost the same)  responses from a different part of the community. It was the raid community. Wanna guess how that ended?

The part about easier to find squads is a mixed bag where you can defintely have good time with a good casual squad (I host some of em for my clan on ocassion) but the elitism and toxicity during a 6x3 can be very off putting to most.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The part about easier to find squads is a mixed bag where you can defintely have good time with a good casual squad (I host some of em for my clan on ocassion) but the elitism and toxicity during a 6x3 can be very off putting to most.

then don't do 6x3s. the faster the runs you do, the higher and higher the requirements will be. Is not wanting a noob in a hard mission toxicity? Most warframe players don't even mind teaching players if people actually ask or approach them with a question. But many players sabotage a task by not knowing and joining a group. if you join and don't know what's going on and nobody knows that you are uninformed, of course players are going to be upset. you just ruined a fast, coordinated run with your lack of experience and communication. There are cases of elitism and toxicity but it's a very fine line between toxicity and just upset players dealing with inexperienced players. 

I agree , it's not for me that's why I mostly  stopped playing it after I got everything it had to offer (still provide ocassional assists to clans and do some for nightwave). And this was before they introduced fortuna. I dislike eidolons for many many reasons including its visuals , the eliticism it festers and the mechanics which are not really complex , just a bit parallel to the base game, and inability to simply do it if I feel like it any time of the day.

And I will always support any changes which will make it more palatable for me and those like me in reasonable ways.

That's completely fine. And if they were able to make something more accessible to more players, that is always a good thing. But a change that would affect another part of the playerbase negatively would create unrest and a divide between the playerbase. You remove something that players like about something to satisfy someone else and it creates tension. so you have to think about that. The term reasonable. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

Do you think that people would still want to do 4x3s 5x3s 6x3s? 

What a rubbish question. As I already said different people have different perceptions of fun. I don't want them to line up and create toxic elitist cesspools , good riddance to bad rubbish in my opinion.

It's not a rubbish question. If you remove the challenging aspect of time, then will players still want to make it a challenge to do very fast runs? Will players even be interested in making squads to do hunts if they can do them whenever?

What you fail to understand is that different people have a different perception of what it means to have fun.

I haven't failed to understand that at all. that is just an assumption you have made. In my responses I have clearly stated that some things are for some people and some things aren't but just because something isn't your thing doesn't mean that changes should be made at the expense of others to cater to your wants. You may perceive something as a flaw and it is just an aspect of the game itself. 

the eidolons are gated because DE wants us to pace the rate at which we can clear it to obtain rewards considered valuable and gameplay altering.

This is an aspect that I have not considered in my argument and it may be true. It may have even been the sole and original determining factor in how they decided to make eidolons but i has surely become a challenge of the player base to counter which we do so very effectively. 

Ah, I did not know DE consulted with you before implementing eidolons.

well of course they haven't. That's just silly. But one can make judgements based on context and not everything has to be clearly stated.  There is also information that can be gleamed from the responses of how they continue to develop the game. 

I agree they are difficult to understand for those relatively new. But once you get used to it, it's just following the rhyme. The mechanics will remain unchanged even if it no longer as strictly time gated for initiation.

That's pretty much the case for any new skill. If you learn how to make cars, they will eventually become second nature to understand and fix. Learning something takes time and practice and just because you understand something doesn't mean that it's easy. And just because something may be easy for you also does not mean that it is easy for another. 

DE will try to please the generic majority over a vocal minority any day of the week.

Of course. the generic majority are the ones that make the most money. As a company, their goal is to please as many people as possible to create the most profitable player base possible. 

I did , and nowhere have I tried to act superior or better than other players or suggested them to git gud.

Because you are opposed to the idea of playing within a time gate. My argument of getting gud is only a simplified and slightly humorous way of expressing the point that time is a challenge and in order to overcome that challenge, one must hone their skills and coordinate along with getting better gear. 

Difficult to do without audio :p or the sound of your self righteousness.

Ha. You claim to require audio and then claim that I sound self righteous. That's an oxymoron.

4 hours ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

-snip-

Still ignoring the core suggestion of mine, which is to create keys that are limited to maybe one per day giving you access to night plains for 15 to 45 minutes and then needing 6 hours to rebuild. This would be independent of the actual state of the plains.

Also ignored the pre existence of quests with night instance on plain while claiming it would be a programming challenge.

Also ignored the mechanics and gating that existed in Raids and how DE simply removed the whole thing.

I don't think you really are getting what I am trying to say and are going off in tangents trying to justify yourself on subjective claims based on your own narrow perception.

So let me again make it very clear.

I do not want the tridolons to be around all the time. But I do want to be able to access them at least once a day at my convenience for a limited duration.

Eg. I log in at 7 pm , I see that it's 5 minutes to day time. No point in trying for a Tridolon but I need the radiant shards/riven transmuters to free up space to join a sortie.

Fortunately I have an item I built (which took me 6 hours to craft) made from sentient cores , argon crystals and other assorted mats. I can only have one key at a time.

This creates a seperate node on earth which always starts the plains at night (similar to the void trader defense missions on void). I can only access it once per key created.

When I join the node I am informed that it will last for only 45 minutes and a timer in countdown is shown in the map instead of the regular day/night cycle.

I can then proceed to do whatever it is that I want to do in limited time I have.

Hope that clarifies.

On 2021-09-23 at 10:41 AM, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

You're just making excuses. People solo tridolons all the time. How about you get gud and enjoy the night phase which was announced at reveal to be "HARDER" than the day time. Where "EIDOLONS roamed and it will dangerous for lower level players." Stop making excuses. They did do anything unintentional. You are supposed to see night time, think "oh crap, guess I better get a good squad and work together to take down this beast" there's a reason racing games have a time constraint. Time constraints have been used in numerous games as another form of added challenge. If you don't know WHY time constraints are used, then you need to shut up and listen for once because eidolons are supposed to be hard and you are supposed to prepare and have gear good enough to kill them within the given time. Either get gud or come back later.

You're conflating time constraints and time restrictions. Most of the time you will encounter time constraints: example the night time duration. Time restriction is the access to night time on the plains. Most people have no issue with time constraints and many people have suggested the night instance be timed so when you enter it you only have your 50 minutes then forced extraction. What people take issue with are the time restrictions which can actively prevent people from accessing eidolons and is a massive turn off for engaging with the content at all.

On 2021-09-23 at 1:50 PM, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

They do have bosses that you can do in the day time. They're called the orb mothers and they can be played at any time and they are easy as balls because you don't have a time constraint except for the profit taker. And look how well they are doing. People don't want to play them. You know nothing about basic human desire. If you have all the apples in the world, monke don't want apple no more. If ypu have all banana in the world, monke eventually dont. Want. Banana. Make sense? Monke hypothetically live forever, have all time to do whateveer monke wants, monke do nothing. Monke have no constraints. Monke have no reason to use time to it's best value. Monke have time constraint, maybe it worth working for banana. Maybe monke want to have fun with time he has. 

Life is a time gate. You live and you die. So you make the most of it. The only difference in video games is that you can do it again.

I don't personally have a huge issue with time-gating... however I'm aware that others do.

Orb mothers don't drop the same pool of rewards, and people do run them if they want credits or are farming ephemeras or hildryn parts. They're also Orb Vallis bosses, not Plains of Eidolon bosses.

I think you vastly misunderstood my post, which is understandable. It is the internet, after all. 

all im asking for is way to run them a set number of times per day with no time limit, i'd say base it on the number that pro squads usually go for in 1 night cycle which would be 4-5 runs i think.

so you have access to a mission you can play like 5x in 24 hrs with no time limit. if you want anymore then that you'd have to play the night cycles.

Since im not a big eidolon farmer, i wouldnt need anymore than that tbh.

this is the bare minimum i'd need in order for me to consider eidolon content again. Anyone else on board?

On 2021-09-23 at 8:02 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I do not want the tridolons to be around all the time. But I do want to be able to access them at least once a day at my convenience for a limited duration.

Eg. I log in at 7 pm , I see that it's 5 minutes to day time. No point in trying for a Tridolon but I need the radiant shards/riven transmuters to free up space to join a sortie.

Fortunately I have an item I built (which took me 6 hours to craft) made from sentient cores , argon crystals and other assorted mats. I can only have one key at a time.

This creates a seperate node on earth which always starts the plains at night (similar to the void trader defense missions on void). I can only access it once per key created.

When I join the node I am informed that it will last for only 45 minutes and a timer in countdown is shown in the map instead of the regular day/night cycle.

I can then proceed to do whatever it is that I want to do in limited time I have.

This is hands down the best solution I have seen offered up for a change to the eidolons, I would love to see something like this in place with the caveat that you must have your own key and can not piggy back off someone else to exploit the system.

A system like this could be very handy and helpful for clans that could set up eidolon/tridolon hunts. Maybe you should pull this idea out of this thread and put it over in the feedback section.

14 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Lol , I guess we are done here then if that's your response, now I know the type of person I was dealing with.

Who? Me? It's cause im black! XD but forreal man, some people just don't want to nonstop argue. Like, instead of tryin to beat people down or whatever state your case and explain it. You say something, I say why it probably wont work. You get so defensive when I'm just adding how I see things. If you put somethin on the forums as a discussion, you shouldn't be ao defensive about other opinions. It's just an opinion dude. I'm not murdering your dog xD.

S#&$, I dunno if having your idea would work but the item thing is a great idea. I don't think you would even have to make it be night time. The item could be used to force spawn it during the day. People have seen bugged eidolons in the day time. It would also probably require less programming for the developers. It could work like the eidolon shards where you put it in to the shrine thing. I'm just against changing the whole get-together feel of eidolon hunts. So like an item a day could be cool. Or somethin like that. But i just feel like it would make it much harder to find a squad. I wouldn't want to ask my friend to do an eidolon hunt or a 3x3 and he says something like "oh, i already used my daily shadow shard" or something like that. That's kinda upsetting. It's like one of the few things where the preparation is rewarding by itself. Not just the execution.

10 hours ago, minininja77 said:

This is hands down the best solution I have seen offered up for a change to the eidolons, I would love to see something like this in place with the caveat that you must have your own key and can not piggy back off someone else to exploit the system.

A system like this could be very handy and helpful for clans that could set up eidolon/tridolon hunts. Maybe you should pull this idea out of this thread and put it over in the feedback section.

Hmm , might just do that. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

Who? Me? It's cause im black! XD but forreal man, some people just don't want to nonstop argue. Like, instead of tryin to beat people down or whatever state your case and explain it. You say something, I say why it probably wont work. You get so defensive when I'm just adding how I see things. If you put somethin on the forums as a discussion, you shouldn't be ao defensive about other opinions. It's just an opinion dude. I'm not murdering your dog xD.

S#&$, I dunno if having your idea would work but the item thing is a great idea. I don't think you would even have to make it be night time. The item could be used to force spawn it during the day. People have seen bugged eidolons in the day time. It would also probably require less programming for the developers. It could work like the eidolon shards where you put it in to the shrine thing. I'm just against changing the whole get-together feel of eidolon hunts. So like an item a day could be cool. Or somethin like that. But i just feel like it would make it much harder to find a squad. I wouldn't want to ask my friend to do an eidolon hunt or a 3x3 and he says something like "oh, i already used my daily shadow shard" or something like that. That's kinda upsetting. It's like one of the few things where the preparation is rewarding by itself. Not just the execution.

That goes both ways mate , you are of course free to disagree with what others say. And I have been stating the same stance since the beginning.

The fact that you now agree (at least partially) with my point of view shows there was only a communication issue where you thought I was proposing something I was not.

You also do realise that the existing night state would be unaffected , those that want the thrill of rushing though the thing as fast as possible could still go via the regular route.

I still don't agree with what you're saying. I respect what you want but I see it as shortsighted in how it may impact eidolons hunts as a whole. 

I just believe that your idea for it was the best idea you've had towards it. I still disagree with changing eidolons. And I don't think anything is perfect but eidolons aren't broken and if you were to improve something that's already good, you'd have to think of how the changes would impact all of the positive aspects of the mode as well. Which I do not believe you are seeing. I get your point. I understand that playing any time you want is something that would seem convenient for you but as a whole, the experience would change for experienced eidolon players. It's a relatively minor change as well that's easy to combat. Just play the mission at night. They were designed to be played at night my guy. Yeah. You can make it playable in the day, but why would you need to do it in the day anyways? What part of eidolons are mandatory? It's not like eidolons are a major part of the game and an obstacle to proceed throughout the game. Like you aren't gonna have a quest (besides revenant's which isn't a major quest) and it's gonna be gated behind a time of day. All the stuff like that is side quests anyways. Stuff like the silver grove. Non important stuff.

All they need to do is make it a selected bounty mission from Konzu.

You select it and your instance is set to Nighttime. You still have your time limit to complete the hunts as you will have the same cycle, but your just starting it at night.

Simple fix. The cycle still exists. The lore isn't broken. Everyone wins.

Maybe even have different times you start the instance. Beat the bounty within the time frame: Add more rewards for completing it.

Anyone see this as a bad idea?

12 hours ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

I still don't agree with what you're saying. I respect what you want but I see it as shortsighted in how it may impact eidolons hunts as a whole. 

I just believe that your idea for it was the best idea you've had towards it. I still disagree with changing eidolons. And I don't think anything is perfect but eidolons aren't broken and if you were to improve something that's already good, you'd have to think of how the changes would impact all of the positive aspects of the mode as well. Which I do not believe you are seeing. I get your point. I understand that playing any time you want is something that would seem convenient for you but as a whole, the experience would change for experienced eidolon players. It's a relatively minor change as well that's easy to combat. Just play the mission at night. They were designed to be played at night my guy. Yeah. You can make it playable in the day, but why would you need to do it in the day anyways? What part of eidolons are mandatory? It's not like eidolons are a major part of the game and an obstacle to proceed throughout the game. Like you aren't gonna have a quest (besides revenant's which isn't a major quest) and it's gonna be gated behind a time of day. All the stuff like that is side quests anyways. Stuff like the silver grove. Non important stuff.

I don't think you get the core issue , you might have more free time than you know what to do with.

But not everyone has 2 hours to spare in a day , usually real life needs to be given time too.

Guess we will agree to disagree as we clearly have very different views on the matter.

I don't mind having different views on something. But I don't agree to do anything. And if you don't got 2 hours for any day throughout the week, I have NO IDEA why you are playing warframe. 

3 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

IMO the issue is very simple: It specifically requires the killing or capture of a Hydrolyst. Either a) we should be able to skip straight to the Hydrolyst and not waste time with the Teralyst and Gantulyst or it shouldn't specifically require the Hydrolyst. Just an eidolon giant.

That's a very good idea. maybe nightwave should just allow it to be capture an eidolon. instead of messing with a whole system, this guy thinks "hey, maybe change the challenge" that's pretty good logic if you ask me. You know, some people like to think of all these elaborate solutions and sometimes the answer is a simple change of perspective. 

I also want this.  I'm not super big into hunting, and part of it is the bugs and the mechanics can be kind of annoying at times.  A lot of it is because 90% of the time I feel like hunting I go look and it's day time or night is almost over.  I'm not going to sit around or stare at the clock to make sure I'm done with whatever else on time so I can rush out to the plains to get there right at the start of night. 

The thing is, I can solo a tricap, and have no issues doing so within the standard night cycle.  I'm not good enough at it to be able to hit more than two in a night, and even then I think I've only done a solo 2x3 twice.  I can usually only stomach one tricap at a time.  It's not a question of being good enough to not feel pressure to finish the cap in a single night cycle though.  Night cycle just never happens when I want to be out there.  Even if they imposed a limit on how many you can run in a 3 hour period that struck a balance so that the hardcore 5x3ers aren't affected but people like me can run one when they want to instead of being on the game's schedule, that would really help out people that still need focus and arcanes.  It would also be actually respectful of player's time, which DE seems to be in short supply of these days.

Archived