Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave 10 Syndicate should be 6 Syndicate

xxswatelitexx

While Syndicate Missions at face value is "very short" in reality when you do Pub - there will be others looking for medallions ( the main purpose of syndicate missions ) 

So Syndicate missions when done properly take an insane amount of time even if ou use Max Range Loot Detector + Limbo explosions you still have to go that loot box to confirm it isn't a medallion

If the GUI was changed so Medallions so "Dropped" items had a different icon - so medallions remain "Crate" icon when destroyed ( giving a hint to players its a medallion ) that would speed things up.

Since that isn't the case, I suggest moving it from 10 Syndicate to 6 or even 5. 

1 hour ago, VisionAndVoice said:

To me the issue is not that the number is too high, but that it's not divisible by 3 - I do missions for only one syndicate, and that one remnant mission I have to wait a whole day to complete always vexes me.

*not being on good standing with 4 syndicates*

hint: Red Veil / Steel Meridian is the 4th

and yes, you will need to juggle Sigils

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The value requirement is arbitrary. It would be nice if some Nightwave tasks were actually interesting instead of a laundry list with FOMO rewards to get you to login.

looking at you, "bullet jump 150 times" and "use an emote" and "complete a mission"

at the very least "complete a mission" should be changed to "complete a mission without being downed" to add some semblece of being a 'challenge'

vor 2 Stunden schrieb xxswatelitexx:

Since that isn't the case, I suggest moving it from 10 Syndicate to 6 or even 5. 

i mean for the number of mission it does not make mutch difference if it would be 10 missions or 6
since i want to get the syndicat medallions i play them solo it takes between 5-10 mins per mission maybe 15 on bad tilesets but i am totaly fine with that

6 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

While Syndicate Missions at face value is "very short" in reality when you do Pub - there will be others looking for medallions ( the main purpose of syndicate missions ) 

So Syndicate missions when done properly take an insane amount of time even if ou use Max Range Loot Detector + Limbo explosions you still have to go that loot box to confirm it isn't a medallion

If the GUI was changed so Medallions so "Dropped" items had a different icon - so medallions remain "Crate" icon when destroyed ( giving a hint to players its a medallion ) that would speed things up.

Medallions and ayatans remain visible on the radar after crates are being blown up. 

A friendly reminder that it's a player's choice to speedrun a mission or not. Speedrunners are setting speed records, but can easily miss out on stuff like medallions, ayatans, Kuria, fragments. Us who like looking in every corner are missing out on doing more missions in the same amount of time, but get our own rewards. 

Besides, speedrunning is a great way to make the game more repetitive than it has to be. 

9 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

It's possible to be affiliated with 4 Syndicates, which would grant 12 possible missions every day. Depending on how badly you need to finish this Nightwave task, you could even do it in 1 day. Searching collectables for every Syndicate doesn't make sense anyways, trading in some of them at the wrong Syndicate grants +-0 standing.
I'm in boat with Meridian, Suda, Veil and Hexis. Doing only Meridian and Suda on daily basis, if needed 1-2 Hexis as well.. but Veil like never. As you may have suggested, I'm not going for collectables with Hexis or Veil, since I can't trade them in anyways ^^

Best way to do those missions is solo. So you do it at your own pace, look for stuff to collect, explore the map a bit further than usual, to maybe find a new place for collectables.. or you can just rush it and don't have to wait for anybody else.

Since doing 10 Syndicate missions for NW is a weekly task, which could be done in 1 day if needed, there is no need to change anything about it. Most of us prepare for the next prime release anyway I guess and don't neglect Syndicates.

10 over the course of a week isn't a big deal. Even if you are a strange person who only does 1 syndicate, doesn't play for hours a day, and avoid ones like interception. Even then you could recover it and pick up more later. You don't need to pick up any medallions to get credit for the task. And as always, you do not need to do every challenge to get all of the 30 levels of rewards done.

4 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I am on good standing with 4 syndicates. Those "hints" of yours I'd learned before you even joined the game.

You're missing the point.

Your issue can be solved by raising it to 12, or lowering it to 9. Which would be missing the point of the thread... in that the op wants to lower the number to 5, which is still an odd number for 3, or 6 for the purpose of doing less runs.

Syndicate weekly wouldn't be the only weekly that takes up 9 missions either. Sorties are a series of 3 missions, and a weekly 'challenge' is completing 3 sets of those.

On 2021-09-14 at 3:30 AM, mrgudveseli said:

Medallions and ayatans remain visible on the radar after crates are being blown up. 

A friendly reminder that it's a player's choice to speedrun a mission or not. Speedrunners are setting speed records, but can easily miss out on stuff like medallions, ayatans, Kuria, fragments. Us who like looking in every corner are missing out on doing more missions in the same amount of time, but get our own rewards. 

Besides, speedrunning is a great way to make the game more repetitive than it has to be. 

Yes, they remain visible - but also the loot that falls out of them remain visible. Meaning you got to actually go visually see the item to confirm it is a medallion. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb xxswatelitexx:

Yes, they remain visible - but also the loot that falls out of them remain visible. Meaning you got to actually go visually see the item to confirm it is a medallion. 

well at least they are not like the corpses of corpus dudes on jupiter shown even after they disintegrated into atoms and still shown on the map

On 2021-09-14 at 9:04 PM, Hobie-wan said:

10 over the course of a week isn't a big deal. Even if you are a strange person who only does 1 syndicate, doesn't play for hours a day, and avoid ones like interception. Even then you could recover it and pick up more later. You don't need to pick up any medallions to get credit for the task. And as always, you do not need to do every challenge to get all of the 30 levels of rewards done.

To put it simply 

10 Syndicate Missions = 4500 points

3 Nightmare Misssions = 4500 points

So it makes little sense for it to be as high as 10 for 4500. If Anything it should be 15,000 points. 

Archived