Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion about Galvanized mods/gun arcanes condition revise and glaives throwing speed review

Salvator_Dracerta

First the Galvanized mods and arcanes.

In high level missions, they are technically only useful on meta/top and good tier weapons which can kill enemies quickly. The other weapons in low tier have too little, if any chance to gain the buff from "on kill" condition (and it means on kill with only that weapon). Which narrow down the weapons choice variability you want to widen.

My suggestion is add another condition like a small chance on hit or so.

So the lower tier weapons which take many hits to kill high lv enemies would have a chance to gain the buff (which they are exactly the weapons that need it) too. This also make you gain the buff (which I am sure you need it) in a boss fight without anything else around to kill. So the buff are not limited for only the already-good weapons in the time they don't even need and cannot be gained when you really need. When there is something supposed to make weapons better, nothing within its capability should be left behind by them, even a rivened Stug.

Second, the glaives throwing.

After you adjust the glaives throwing charge time with the reason "to prevent accidental throw" (which does not help much and I know you actually want to softly nerf glaives throwing), the glaives with throw-focus build does not affected much. They can still work fine (with roughtly the same charge speed as glaives without Heavy Attack Wind Up Speed mods before the adjustment) and can still be "accidentally" thrown like just before the adjustment. But all the damages go to the glaives without throw-focus build, the glaive with normal attack builds like Pathocyst. Without Heavy Attack Wind Up Speed mods, they take too painfully long to charge a throw, makes them lost their utility throw uses, destroy the uniqueness of glaive weapons unless with throw-focus build. The thing you want to nerf is not the glaives themselves, but it is the glaives with a specific build.

My suggestion is fix the charge time to be like before the adjustment and, if you adjusted it because you want to nerf the throwing glaives, you can make it gets less (if any) effected from the Heavy Attack Wind Up Speed mods.

So the glaives without throw-focus builds are still intact, saved from the nerf hammer. And you can still do the same effect on the glaive with throw-focus mods you want to nerf

Hope DE and anyone read this will get my point

I completely disagree with your opinion on galvs and arcanes. They buff weapons into the flippin stratosphere. I have literally returned to using full auto weapons after their introduction.

I believe your sentiment is shared by a good amount of people, but in my opinion it comes from misinformation. The headshot / on kill arcanes are indeed only worth using on meta weapons. True. 100%. However, the weapons that struggle to kill fast enough at base can simply be paired with arcane dexterity, which requires melee kills instead of weapon kills and lasts a humongous amount of time.

You can absurdly easily get melee kills and charge your arcane to max often faster than meta weapons can fill the on kill merciless arcane.

From there, a combination of viral heat and slash with gundition overload and galv multishot will wreck everything. I literally one-two shot SP grineer enemies with non meta weapons like rattleguts. Even heavies go down FAST.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not only talk about the merciless arcanes. I am talking about all arcanes and, especially, glavanized mods. For now, only weapons which do not need them to get enough kill rate can gain their effects, and the other weapons which really need them, like Aklex Prime and Torid, are left behind.

I want to talk about the buff and nerf hammers themselves hitting at the wrong place and idea about where or how they would better be, not about what can I do with the buffed stuffs after that. I can find out about that part myself

21 hours ago, Salvator_Dracerta said:

For now, only weapons which do not need them to get enough kill rate can gain their effects, and the other weapons which really need them, like Aklex Prime and Torid, are left behind.

Use the Dex arcane, then you only need a few melee kills to get the damage bonus. Once you've activated the arcane, your guns will be fine to get kills, and then the galvanized mod can be activated as well.

The argument that non-meta weapons are left behind is completely false. You just have to think outside the box (and not follow the merciless "meta").

On 2021-09-14 at 2:50 AM, NovusKnight said:

However, the weapons that struggle to kill fast enough at base can simply be paired with arcane dexterity, which requires melee kills instead of weapon kills and lasts a humongous amount of time.

This point reallly can't be emphasized enough. Arcane Dexterity exists to make the low-tier weapons competitive by virtue of synergizing with melee.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-10-01 at 4:57 AM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Use the Dex arcane, then you only need a few melee kills to get the damage bonus. Once you've activated the arcane, your guns will be fine to get kills, and then the galvanized mod can be activated as well.

The argument that non-meta weapons are left behind is completely false. You just have to think outside the box (and not follow the merciless "meta").

On 2021-10-01 at 6:43 AM, Leqesai said:

This point reallly can't be emphasized enough. Arcane Dexterity exists to make the low-tier weapons competitive by virtue of synergizing with melee.

Yes the Dex arcane can be the solution for low-tier weapons. Some weapons, meta or not, are better use Deadhead as well. But that is only for the arcanes.

What about the "on kill/headshot kill" Galvanized mods which is even more essential with no mod with other condition for substitute?

To deny my point, why everyone here try to avoid talking about them and act like I am focusing only on merciless?

2 hours ago, Salvator_Dracerta said:

Yes the Dex arcane can be the solution for low-tier weapons. Some weapons, meta or not, are better use Deadhead as well. But that is only for the arcanes.

What about the "on kill/headshot kill" Galvanized mods which is even more essential with no mod with other condition for substitute?

To deny my point, why everyone here try to avoid talking about them and act like I am focusing only on merciless?

People are only focusing on merciless because using deadhead on 99% of weapons is not very smart. Deadhead is specifically useful on high precision weapons like snipers for which there really isn't much concern about extra damage anyway. It is without a doubt the worst arcane. Merciless and dexterity are the ones that make a notable difference in gameplay.

The galvanized mods that are on headshot kill are too expensive for what you get imo. I never bother with them myself because precision aiming for headshots is something i only bother with in open world zones, but even still snipers are strong enough without the galvanized mod. The on headshot kill and shot duration bonus is pretty annoying imo. 

Thisbis why dex arcane is good. You dont really need to worry about nonsense requirements because it synergizes with your most powerful weapon, your melee.

On 2021-09-14 at 11:50 AM, NovusKnight said:

You can absurdly easily get melee kills and charge your arcane to max often faster than meta weapons can fill the on kill merciless arcane.

I can't... Atleast not with Mag.... She's too Squishy for the Up Close and Personal Approach.... Although with the Glaive Rework it might be Possible to get long Distance Melee Kills.... 🤔

On 2021-09-14 at 11:50 AM, NovusKnight said:

I literally one-two shot SP grineer enemies with non meta weapons like rattleguts. Even heavies go down FAST.

Rattleguts is totally META... 🤔.... Or atleast it was Last Year.... I suppose everyone is on The Nukor Gravy Boat now...

On 2021-10-01 at 1:43 AM, Leqesai said:

Indeed.... which is why DE put them in the most Accessible Place you can imagine.... The Steel Path 😐.... Yeah ... The whole thing is Backwards...

Archived