Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't be better if Shadows of the Dead and Desecrate merged into one ability, while giving Nekros a more versatile utility ability?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

personally I just want his Shadows to be deadlier, and maybe with an ability to command them. don't get me wrong, they're great for drawing agro, but that's about it. IMO it wouldn't hurt for them to have a damage boost that scales more with Nekros' weapon damage or power strength so that shadows can actually kill things. I'm not worried about it being an AFK ability since the shadows decay over time even if they don't take damage, and higher level enemies can pose a real threat to shadows if Nekros doesn't recast the ability. I don't see why he couldn't have his augments made into his base ability, since 99% of Nekros players use them, and let the augments do something else: a few ideas.

- new Desecrate Augment: Life after Death- picking up health orbs from desecrate refills a % of  each Shadow's health.

- new Shadows augment: Shadows of the Damned - instead of enemy clones, Nekros summons up to 3 vengeful spirit shadows, which actively seek out and attack enemies in melee: while you can only have 3 of these shadows, they are considerably more powerful and aggressive than ordinary shadows. if killed, the Spirits will explode and deal damage to surrounding enemies.

- I'd also replace Terrify with Fatal Strike: when activated the next shot or melee attack Nekros performs deals a substantial amount of damage and also opens the enemy to a finisher if they survive. our death themed frame should have an ability that dooms one target to a certain death. 

Well Power Strength already affects the Shadow's Damage, Health and Shields. The real issue is that they function way too much like regular enemies, and not an actual undead summon. They'll hide behind cover when they're basically immortal, they'll fire sporadically instead of focus-firing, etc. Having a way to control the Shadows would definitely help out Nekros, especially if you could manage to make it more of a "passive" control. Wukong's Clone is a good example for what to do with Nekros in all honesty. Make it something like;

Passive: Nekros' healing on death now scales in Range based on how many Shadows he has summoned at once, scaling up to 7x the Range if every Shadow is on the field (or 70 meters). This healing extends to anyone within the radius, including Nekros' Shadows, himself, Companions and Players. 

1) Soul Punch

- Enemies that are Marked for Death are now focus-fired on by the nearest Shadow, dealing double damage to them.

- For each Shadow you currently have, the duration of Marked for Death is increased by 1 second. 
- Holding the cast button now causes Soul Punch to increase in Range (doubled with a starting range of 8 meters) and Kill Threshold (additional 15%), allowing you to Mark multiple enemies at once and outright kill weaker enemies easier. The raw damage of Soul Punch increases with every active Shadow, up to 7x the Base Damage (or 14x with a hold-cast). Only one enemy at a time can have the Kill Threshold apply to them.

- Nekros can desummon any of his Shadows by casting Soul Punch on them. This does not consume Energy.

Soul Survivor (Augment): Soul Punch can now directly heal Nekros and his allies, including his Shadows, if they are within Range of its AoE. It can heal to 50% Health or 100% if charged up. Allies that are downed can be revived as normal at 50% or 100% Health.

2) Terrify 

- Casting Terrify now adds Armor stripped to Nekros and his Shadows defenses for Terrify's current Duration, starting at 20% per enemy and scaling with Power. This Armor buff scales off of Nekros' base Armor value (so 20% of his and Shadow base Armor per cast, until Power Strength is involved). Successive casts add additional Armor, but the Armor gained caps out at the number of enemies able to be affected (enemies do not have to have Armor for this to apply).
- Enemies affected by Terrify now lock up in fear if Nekros or his Shadows kill an affected enemy, this lasts for 3 seconds and cannot be refreshed.

- Casting Terrify when your Shadows are active gives them buffs. Shadows that are affected will have glowing energy-colored eyes and will receive a flat 100% increase to their Attack Speed and Reload Speed for the Duration of Terrify. Shadows that are affected will also become more aggressive, attacking enemies head-on and foregoing cover.
-Enemies that are terrified have their active Auras cancelled.

3) Desecrate

- Shadows that are looted again will now count towards Nekros' "kills", meaning that you will receive healing and a 1-2% Shadow damage buff for each Shadow that disappears.
- Eximus Shadows that are desecrated now have a 50% chance to drop an Energy orb.

4) Shadows of the Dead
- Shadows will gain a 2% increase to their damage every second while they are active. This bonus will apply to every Shadow as long as one individual Shadow is left alive between casts, if all Shadows disappear, so will the buff. This buff has no cap, but it will go up to 4% per second while the Shadows are under the Terrify buff.  

- When an enemy dies while Shadows are active, their damage will increase by 1% per enemy killed. This will scale up to 2% if the Shadows are affected by the Terrify buff.

- Resummoning your Shadows will refresh everything about them, this includes units like Nullifiers that can lose their drone or Corpus units that are not able to regenerate their Shield. 

- Nekros' Range now affects the Movement Speed of his Shadows. 

- You can now tap-cast to make your Shadows roam or hold-cast to make them stationary.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead are two totally different abilities that have nothing to do with each other.  This feels like saying that Iron Skin and Roar should be the same ability

To be fair, Desecrate and Shadows are both basically set and forget, shadows just need to be recast every now and again. 

I could absolutely see a world in which Shadows was merged into Desecrate. 

Think about it for a moment. Instead of Desecrate just incinerating a corpse, just have it loot the corpse and then raise it to the ranks of your Shadows while active. 

Then replace the Shadows button with an ability similar to Khora with Venari, where it just gives you a bunch of commands you can give to your Shadows.

I just gotta say no.

Please leave my desecrate/despoil alone.

The only thing I wouldn't mind is an increase in the additional drop rates but we all know DE won't do that.

Shadows appeared fun when I was first starting but now it is just a spawn rate killer and I only use it for oh crap moments as a distraction. No way in hell do I want my desecrate tied to that.

1 hour ago, Reitrix said:

To be fair, Desecrate and Shadows are both basically set and forget, shadows just need to be recast every now and again. 

I could absolutely see a world in which Shadows was merged into Desecrate. 

Think about it for a moment. Instead of Desecrate just incinerating a corpse, just have it loot the corpse and then raise it to the ranks of your Shadows while active. 

Then replace the Shadows button with an ability similar to Khora with Venari, where it just gives you a bunch of commands you can give to your Shadows.

This ^

On 2021-09-14 at 3:01 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Highly Unpopular idea

but I could see merging Despoil and Soul Punch

where enemies that you punch drop extra loot

making the looting an Active Ability instead of just a passive you leave on all the time

That seems more like a Soul Punch Augment mod, then actually combining abilities

Archived