Can white just be white?

Lenti

This is the first time i think a prime is uglier then the non prime.

For some reason, Nidus P colors are just not right, no matter what white i chose, i still end up with some sort of dirty grey. And this seems to be more and more often with the new primes.

You pay for a color pallet and end up with something else because theres a hardcoded coat layer on top of the model.

https://imgur.com/TZ0nUUc

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Actually, why cant we choose materials? DE, please, sell me a material pallete. I want to coat on metal the channels I want and not the ones you want.

Wow that's actually amazing idea, I often wanted a specific part of a warframe to be more metallic, fleshy or matte etc. 

• Like 2

We've been asking for material picker for the longest time.

DE said it's not that simple because they'll need to change a lot of older frames. So with every new frames got introduced, the odds are steadily decreasing.

53 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

DE said it's not that simple because they'll need to change a lot of older frames. So with every new frames got introduced, the odds are steadily decreasing.

Since you're paraphrasing I can only base this off what you said and not the exact wording DE used, but from what you wrote here it doesn't sound like your second sentence logically follows your first.  If it's only older frames that would need to change, then every new frame that gets added wouldn't need to change, which means that the odds aren't decreasing.  Presumably this is because when new frames are designed they are being proactive about considering this material issue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Since you're paraphrasing I can only base this off what you said and not the exact wording DE used, but from what you wrote here it doesn't sound like your second sentence logically follows your first.  If it's only older frames that would need to change, then every new frame that gets added wouldn't need to change, which means that the odds aren't decreasing.  Presumably this is because when new frames are designed they are being proactive about considering this material issue.

the way i got it was, material picker requires DE to change how they made these frames. since they're not willing to overhaul the "old ones" (by the time they were discussing about material picker), so they didn't change the method for new ones as well.
so it's not like the newer ones are compatible, and the older ones are not. they all aren't compatible.

the longer they stall, and the more "uncompatible frames" got released, it means if one day DE decide to implement material picker, the more frames they'll gonna have to redesign.

but that's just me, a normal gamer with mediocre blender knowledge. not a professional videogame graphic designer whatsoever. i might be wrong and there might be some technical wizardry to do it. or i might interpreted it wrong, english is not my first language anyway. or the discussion i heard might just be one of DE's "diplomatic answers", it won't be the first time DE sounds super reluctant / uncertain about doing something but then boom surprise madafaka cross play cross save cross progression AND warframe mobile!!! pay up!!!

personally i would really love material picker feature. i'm dying.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Well back around this time in 2019 Steve did that Japanese interview at TennoVIP and according to a rough translation it was basically asked if there were plans to allow individual body part customization and Steve replied with that they weren't working on a body part customizing feature they are working on a system to choose material types per body area such as plastic, metal, etc.

Then in the most recent dev stream Geoff briefly mentioned that there are some "new texture experiments" coming to characters that'll bring new options and choices after they brought up the textures for the Revenant Deluxe skin.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeLuckyAlbatrossDxAbomb-Ky0lkiUMhh6W7zfy

So who knows, this might be closer to becoming a reality than you'd think.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 4

Even if we don't get a manual material picker, it would be nice if they could at least make it so that things like helmets would take on the materials of the body skin you select.

Same for Spoiler Mode stuff. Most of the armour sets are pretty much incompatible with each other (which is annoying, but understandable), and there are some that don't even match up within their own set (which is less so). Koppra hood and body, I'm looking at you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Well back around this time in 2019 Steve did that Japanese interview at TennoVIP and according to a rough translation it was basically asked if there were plans to allow individual body part customization and Steve replied with that they weren't working on a body part customizing feature they are working on a system to choose material types per body area such as plastic, metal, etc.

Then in the most recent dev stream Geoff briefly mentioned that there are some "new texture experiments" coming to characters that'll bring new options and choices after they brought up the textures for the Revenant Deluxe skin.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeLuckyAlbatrossDxAbomb-Ky0lkiUMhh6W7zfy

So who knows, this might be closer to becoming a reality than you'd think.

Yea the whole material picker hype may or may not got blown up because of that initial steve's interview.

I must've missed geoff's statement, thanks for pointing it up. As always I'll be pessimistically hopeful so I won't get disappointed. but hey, it's a great news, at least we have something to look out for!

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Can't wait for bright Pink/Green plastic frames walking around..

Honestly I just want to use it for practical things, like making the metal on Nidus prime more matte so I can pretend its sinew or bone instead of metal. Or adding shine to my armor pieces so they match my body instead of looking dry as the Mojave desert.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 2

For some reason Excalibur, Loki, Nyx have more detailed shaders than Volt, despite all being some of the first ones. Volt is especially kinda dull, on top of having horrible default skins. What's the point of graphics engine upgrades if they aren't going to upgrade Warframe skins?

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

> that moment when you remember that Anthem, one of the biggest failures in recent gaming history, let you change materials on your Javelin mechs.

amazing that one of the worst live services ever still holds one card that warframe doesn't. 

• Like 2

You ungrateful!!!1

How dare you ask colors match just because you have to pay for palettes

Coding is hard, go play something else first world problems!!!!!!

Off the top of my head I think ivara is the worst one, with 3 different forced colors that don't match. Also some of ash helmets are pretty bad and for a lot of frames they messed up 'black'. I mean that's not even a color, no idea how it's possibly to mess it up.

Maybe they had the sun come in the window and ruin the view on the monitor?

Should be simple enough to move all sliders to zero to create black or no? lol...

At this point I'd like to see like a hybrid cross over gordon ramsay game developer version.

This is the hue and saturation you are serving the customers?!?!?!1

Or alternately for their costume contests, the developers get challenges from the community for something they have to match or make the same colors.