The 'Go' and 'X' of Squad Voting

kyori

When you designed the UI of squad voting for a new mission, did you notice the 'go' is exactly the same place when it became a 'x'? Perhaps you know, because you intend it to become 'x' after clicking on 'tick' (and it became a 'go') just in case players changed their mind... but there is 1 problem.

The problem (which can be quite serious) is that sometimes another squad player will click on the 'go' again so that the mission can start without having to wait for others to click. When this happens, if a very unlucky player is about to click on the 'go', he will ended up clicking on the 'x' which resulted in booting him out of the squad and losing all his reward.

I guess this thread is about this scenerio: 

So please make the 'x' as another button and not on the same position as the 'go' button. Thanks.

• Like 1

Not to get off-topic if I am, but I had another thought for some time relating to the squad voting. I don't know if this is the same controls-wise on the Switch compared to a PC keyboard or other controller, but on the Switch when selecting a relic for a Fissure mission one of the buttons you can use to select the relic is the same as the confirmation button to start the mission.

I've heard a few bits & pieces where the mission starts accidentally (Possibly a bug on occasion?) when someone presses the Y button to select their relic, which happens to be the same button for voting yes in a squad for a mission. I think I've had it happen to myself as well, even when carefully trying to avoid pressing Y multiple times in succession (Like selecting the relic & voting yes before I noticed). That said, a fair number of times I've been told it was a misclick sort of thing, if the Y button was pressed too rapidly. So I make sure to just press A when selecting the relic directly (Because that relic selection button is different from a vote button), rather than accidentally starting a mission before others are ready.

• That's also why I think it may help to only have the A button be used for relic selection, although button-mapping may alleviate that part of the issue for an individual. But not everyone may change that for their controls, which leaves the possibility of a force-start, accidental or otherwise.

As far as mission-canceling when a force start happens, I'm not sure why it should boot someone out of the squad; I remember there being a "Leave Squad" button right underneath your name in the top-left corner of the screen when you're on the pause menu (Not that it'll pause things), so I don't think a squad should disband just by pressing that X button like in the OP.

I have accidentally started the mission count down plenty of times. Having a different button or press-and-hold feature or an "are you sure?" to start the countdown would be nice.

Additionally, it would be convenient if DE could add a new option to allow us to leave the squad. In an open world area, I am happy to click Leave Squad and suffer host migration before heading to extraction. That isn't an option in Railjack :sad:

• Like 1