(Eidolon) Pub Groups - Be the Better Tenno

Whibbs

lol no.

1. we have absolutely zero control over other's actions in warframe.
    in other videogames, usually there'll be etiquettes, unspoken rules, or actual rules. people will gather and use their logic to decide which are more beneficial for the game and the community. the offenders will get (at least socially) punished.
    in warframe however, leechers and afkers gets mad at honest people, and wrote two pages of defense why leeching and afking is the best strategy in playing warframe. sane people bash em back, all out war happens, threads got locked, no conclusion reached, name shaming is not allowed, some people make their way into other's ignore list. then nothing changes and the stupidity will happen again tomorrow. this might sound stupid or hyperbole, but this is what actually happening in warframe everyday. people who want to exit the death cycle simply #PlayWarframeSolo so they don't need to worry about other's behaviors anymore.
  2. the eidolon community is absolutely the worst group of people that i have met inside warframe.
    doesn't matter what you do or how good you are, they will yell at you for doing something wrong. apparently they have agreed on one specific very strict choreography that only 5 people know, and act like it's the bible. you have one equip wrong, you're noob. you angled VS couple degrees off, you're a noob. you slide instead of roll, you're noob. you breathe, you're noob. doesn't matter if you're the most experienced eidolon hunter in the squad, you exist? you're noob.
    once upon a time hunting eidolon was hard. and rewarding. to hunt a couple of them in one night, people need to have good gears, and knowledge of how it's done. so people who do, take great pride. of course nowadays we have arquebex, overpowered mods & weapons, and arcanes are already everywhere. but these guys still want to feel important, so they act like they're bunch of elite squads who're doing 25x3. they act like tridolon runs are as hard as god of war on "gimme god of war" difficulty fighting sigrun naked on a no damage run, and one tiny misstep will ruin everything.
    no it won't

as you can see from those two conflicting paragraphs, just count on random people to ruin your warframe experience.
we really can't do anything about others in this game, and the real answer is to #PlayWarframeSolo

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

I have read that part, I've also read the part where you said "(definitely not Tridolons >.>)" right afterwards. Teralyst is so much easier than the other two, it's insane. You clearly need the carry on tridolons.

This entire topic not even being about tri-caps is surprising, who runs multiple single captures and cares about efficiency enough tell people to hurry up? 

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Your best bet is probably to play solo or with a premade, I’m afraid, since multiplayer is reserved for those who can do the fights fast

This is mostly BS IMO, multiplayer is in no way reserved at all. Most random groups are tolerant of under geared players.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I don't like Eidolons just do them for nightwave and I don't mind carrying random people through the bounty but they should at least know how it works and also have not a mote amp, at least some effort needs to be inserted

Bonus points if you don't have to keep reviving them.

1 hour ago, Whibbs said:

As I've said before, I have plenty of the resources required that a couple Intact Cores extra each day at the end of an Eidolon hunt inevitably saves me from having to hunt more than I have to each week because I can craft extra Exceptional Cores, and furthermore save time for other content that I want to play.

The fact you are crafting cores is a good indication of your progress, I'd suggest trying to find a casual tricap in recruit chat, or start doing them solo.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Whibbs said:

The idea is that I shouldn't have to play solo just to avoid being harassed because I want to save some time. Those that do the harassing because they feel their time is being wasted when they're the ones that decided to join a pub group, well, that's the issue. Others are calling me selfish for wasting a minute of someone else's time, but I'd say its pretty selfish to expect me to waste 10 minutes of my time to save one minute of theirs.

Don't bother with them, simply click leave squad and you're free from those people. Bonus if you're the host, they can enjoy the host migration

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, L3512 said:

The fact you are crafting cores is a good indication of your progress, I'd suggest trying to find a casual tricap in recruit chat, or start doing them solo.

I wouldn't have ever thought so tbh lol. The only reason I collect the cores is because I can craft them and I'm only one rank from cap with the Quills, so it does speed things up as opposed to spending more time farming multiple Eidolons. I would've been capped already, but I decided I needed/wanted other things from what was already available. Set myself back a week or so I suppose, but today was the first public eidolon hunt I've done in almost a month. I usually just solo them to avoid people but today I wanted some help so I could spend more time doing other things.

Edited by Whibbs

23 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

the eidolon community is absolutely the worst group of people that i have met inside warframe.
doesn't matter what you do or how good you are, they will yell at you for doing something wrong. apparently they have agreed on one specific very strict choreography that only 5 people know, and act like it's the bible. you have one equip wrong, you're noob. you angled VS couple degrees off, you're a noob. you slide instead of roll, you're noob. you breathe, you're noob. doesn't matter if you're the most experienced eidolon hunter in the squad, you exist? you're noob.

People that type more than fight during a tricap telling everyone what to do, their profile listing only a single hydro capture and no kills even.

Playing as trin, the harrow of all players yelling to use bless before the "energy thing" to stop mag procs and proceeding to get mad.

🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whibbs said:

I wouldn't have ever thought so tbh lol. The only reason I collect the cores is because I can craft them and I'm only one rank from cap with the Quills, so it does speed things up as opposed to spending more time farming multiple Eidolons. I would've been capped already, but I decided I needed/wanted other things from what was already available. Set myself back a week or so I suppose, but today was the first public eidolon hunt I've done in almost a month. I usually just solo them to avoid people but today I wanted some help so I could spend more time doing other things.

4 teralyst captures will give less overall standing than a single tricap, with a semi decent squad the tricap is probably faster as well.

You have a shot at better arcanes as well as more standing for the focus trees.

One rank from max with the Quills is what 99k standing? If you want to max some arcanes you are looking at 210k standing.

15 hours ago, Whibbs said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You haven’t even maxed Quill, has a mediocre amp I guess  isn’t meta, can’t confidently complete one set a night. 

You are a newbie hunter and if you want to improve, do more, max Quill and skill trees and then come here to discuss more. 

you haven’t even gone through the whole mastering process and complaining a pro leading the charge? Learn from pros and eat your frogs if you want to be as good as that hunter. 

What you have experienced and complained about, is very typical and normal for Eidolon hunting when you have semi-skilled players and high skilled players in the same squad. You can complain or you can learn from them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, L3512 said:

People that type more than fight during a tricap telling everyone what to do, their profile listing only a single hydro capture and no kills even.

Playing as trin, the harrow of all players yelling to use bless before the "energy thing" to stop mag procs and proceeding to get mad.

🤣

Lol exactly. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I think you’ve kicked the hornet’s nest, @Whibbs. To negatively impact efficiency is kind of looked down on by other players; they’re trying to avoid slogging through the missions yet again if they can help it.

Your best bet is probably to play solo or with a premade, I’m afraid, since multiplayer is reserved for those who can do the fights fast

Anyone who wants efficiency probably shouldn't join public runs or leave their run open to the public. If you have a specific gameplay goal in mind, search for people with that mindset. 

If you set it public, you're kind of acknowledging that you get what you get.

I'll never understand people who get angry about imperfect play in a random pub match.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

I'll never understand people who get angry about imperfect play in a random pub match.

Some people are just that level of control freak.

Personally, I haven't done an Eidolon in years now, for two reasons, one, I'm on Switch and...yeah that's about the gist of it, and the other part is that finding people who aren't demanding 3x6 or whatnot is nigh impossible, there is no such thing as casually hunting Eidolons, especially because of the time constraints and honestly, I can't be bothered with such things, just not my cup of tea.

• Like 3

I don't expect people to play the way I want them to in PUGs.

I don't tell people what to do, and I let them do their thing.

If they are doing something to interfere with my strategy I usually just roll with it until first extract and move on.

If they are harassing me, I don't say anything, I just report and move on.

I find most players treat me with the same relaxed state.

Reap what you sow I suppose.

Edited by Aesthier
  • Like 2

4小时前 , George_PPS 说:

Don’t get encouraged, it’s the toughest from around set 1-100. 

Actually I can casually capture terry in 6 minutes or so. Of course I can put in effort and do so in 3 minutes but I just don't bother doing it. 

Do I deserve to die because of that? I don't think so.

I play my own way, while some people play their way. Nothing is more true than "Hell is other people".

Tryhards  vs Casuals 

Is not that hard to understand the newbies, but the selfishness wont stop to be a problem. Try to play in a newbies team, working to gether, its the only way you can avoid some jerks.