Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Invisibility sound attenuation

DCaedus

When Ash is in his invisibility skill, all sounds are heavily attenuated, which makes for a nice, relaxing effect, but at the same time makes it much harder to be aware of your surroundings.

This turns into an even bigger problem when there are mission sounds that you need to hear, like caches for the Nightwave 'find 3 caches challenge', or Demolysts in Disruption.

Please reduce Ash's sound attenuation so sounds are diminished only a tiny bit n can still be heard, or remove the attenuation entirely, so sounds can be heard in full.

Loki as well. I don't know whether Octavia or Ivara have this problem as well, but it's incredibly annoying. I'm invisible, not underwater. My weapons are not silenced, any noise I make attracts the exact same amount of attention as it would if I were visible. Why does this even happen?

4 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Octavia or Ivara

Ivara has the same sound muffling silencing issues as well with Ash and Loki (actually makes it annoying to play disruption sometimes for myself, because I'm trying to listen to the demo's beeping sound, but it gets muffled while I'm in prowl mode). 

Octavia doesn't.

Ash, Loki and Ivara all have these sound muffling effects whenever they use their respective invisibility powers. I suspect the reason they have it, is that DE was trying to simulate the "feeling of stealth" when using any one of those three frames, while being invisible.

Using any of the weapon silencing mods like hush, suppress, silent battery, don't actually make your guns silent, they just make the enemy unaware of your gunfire, I'm guessing since DE were fully aware that re-recording "silenced gunfire" sounds for every single firearm in the game would've been too much work for too little pay-off, they opted to instead, make the "stealth oriented" frames have the silencing muffling sound effect on their invisibility abilities instead, to emulate a "stealth feeling". That's my 2 cents guess anyways.

Edit sorry, bit more on-topic - I wish the sound muffling/attenuation effect would go away on all three frames, Ash, Loki and Ivara. Would actually help for trying to focus in on things during gameplay.

On 2021-09-14 at 6:24 PM, D_Caedus said:

Please reduce Ash's sound attenuation so sounds are diminished only a tiny bit n can still be heard, or remove the attenuation entirely, so sounds can be heard in full.

Better idea:

Exclude Cache and Demolyst sounds from invis muffle.    

On 2021-09-20 at 5:00 PM, Kainosh said:

Better idea:

Exclude Cache and Demolyst sounds from invis muffle.    

Then you would have to go thru the whole game wondering what sound is necessary to hear or if you can muffle them, out of the thousands that we have.

Including new content in the future.

14 minutes ago, D_Caedus said:

Then you would have to go thru the whole game wondering what sound is necessary to hear or if you can muffle them, out of the thousands that we have.

No need to wonder.   

Quest Item chime/hum is the only thing that has no visual counterpart.     Even Demolyst has visual indicator.   But Cache, even with loot radar, is shown as normal container. You gotta hear or directly see the damn thing.

So, its only those humming items like Ayatan, Scannable fragments and Cache.  Exclude them and its done.

Archived