Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back Heat weapons fire slam effects

(PSN)Frostelus

Prior to update 26.0 with the melee overhaul, the Heat Sword, Dual Heat Swords, Heat Dagger and Silva & Aegis, all used to have a special VFX where they emit a ring of fire from slam attacks which also made a unique sound as well.

Video examples:

https://youtu.be/isgBxMob31c?t=189

https://youtu.be/OktDo5mmbzU?t=111

After the melee changes, all weapons now makes the same generic effect on slams, with the exceptions of Tenet Exec which gives a special VFX on slams due to its passive. The Heat weapons however, are no longer unique on that aspect.

Please bring back the fire ring effect for the Heat weapons. This is what made the Heat weapons actually fun to use, despite their overall stats being on the lower side. Though I still use these weapons to this day, it's not exactly as fun as it were with these effects back then.

Also, perhaps even consider adding some more unique effects for the other weapons with elemental procs passives on slams, like Ether Sword (radiation), Dark Sword (Toxin), etc. Those have never received the special treatment like the Heat weapons even before the melee changes.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

If a weapon had this kind of effect I wouldn't use it. Even it had some kind of nice mechanic. Whole freaking screen goes into orange. That's horrible effect.

They did tone down with the effects however, if you look at the second video link. It's certainly not as bad as any of the AOE weapons we have. Not even close to the Kuva Bramma or Kuva Zarr I'd say

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Frostelus said:

They did tone down with the effects however, if you look at the second video link. It's certainly not as bad as any of the AOE weapons we have.

Yeah, 2nd video is better (I would tone it down but I guess it would be for "effect intensify" option).

Archived