Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do when you have what you want?

S.Dust

What do you do in warframe when you have what you want? I have a favorite weapons and little interest in using others and if I do wanna use others it's ones I have already because the gameplay doesn't hardcore change between weapons.

I have most frames or a version of most frames so I either own the prime or base frame . Farming prime weapons is kinda just meh for me cause I don't really care for all of them.

What should I do I'm a long time player I hopped back on after a short break and I still don't have the desire to really do anything. Any ideas?

Do Nightwave for Forma, Kuva and Orokin Catalysts out the wazoo. And besides that just wait for more while enjoying other games. That's what I've been doing recently anyways.

Granted I did take a 3-4 month break from Warframe earlier this year, helped refresh me a bit after playing religiously since early 2013.

14 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Farming prime weapons is kinda just meh for me cause I don't really care for all of them.

Some prime weapons have unique features. E.g. Balistica prime create ghosts.

17 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I have most frames or a version of most frames so I either own the prime or base frame .

If you haven't already, you can try Helminth. Sometimes you may find interesting combination (e.g. Hydroid Undertow + Lavos' Vial rush).

There is Invigoration system. It's just your, more or less, +x stat but sometimes you may find something nice. I don't use it too much but I check it every week. Plus, you can pick one of 3 Invigorations for your frame.

24 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

What should I do I'm a long time player I hopped back on after a short break and I still don't have the desire to really do anything. Any ideas?

You may farm plat for future frame/weapon purchase. Current event has Exodias and Zaw parts.

I'm still doing Nighwave for 3 Arcanes & I've been farming for Ghoul saw... to check if it's really bad. Every update has at least 1 thing to try but otherwise I would take a break.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb S.Dust:

What do you do in warframe when you have what you want? I have a favorite weapons and little interest in using others and if I do wanna use others it's ones I have already because the gameplay doesn't hardcore change between weapons.

I have most frames or a version of most frames so I either own the prime or base frame . Farming prime weapons is kinda just meh for me cause I don't really care for all of them.

well you maybe mean contentwise but thats for me no problem i find things to do many things
what i would do if i was able to get what i want i would probaly celebrate that there will be no bugs anywhere anymore but since that is most unlikely i dont thing that that would ever happen so i just try to enjoy the game at it is

Unless you're intending on getting everything I would just casually approach playing Warframe. If you've got what you want and have progressed enough to unlock all the missions and whatnot then move on to another game for a little while until they add more content that you want to experience.

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

we can't answer that since you'll be the one who need to find the next thing you want.

the one time i had burnout in warframe, i bought plats and went on a shopping spree.
what once boring, suddenly become exciting again since i have access to all these vaulted frames and weapons. of course i spent time with each and build them properly so i got entertained for pretty long time.

i also always have like super long targets. like collect absolutely every floofs in the game. or buying absolutely everything in the syndicate stores. that'll take a while but i have purpose everytime i login.

other than that, yeah you just gotta find what excites you.
probably a new frame? the next update?
would be better if it's not update-dependent, so your happiness is not in DE's hands. but yeah whatever works.

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Play other games and do other things. I've moved on to FF14 as Warframe does not hold my interest anymore. Warframe won't change. It will remain a grindfest. You can change by doing other things.

I trade for Platinum (mostly normal Mods, Arcanes, and Prime sets) between updates so that I can afford good Riven Mods for myself. It's the only system that really has a long progression to it and can never really be completed. I don't farm Kuva and I don't have the time to spend in trade chat/websites/etc to snipe Rivens. I usually end up buying them off a full time trader because I'm too busy either in a mission or trading in a single region.

It's a sandbox. You decide what area of the game you want to explore. From getting every weapon, to getting every mod, to completing arcanes, to getting every companion, etc. 

There's tons of busy work in Warframe. 

Currently, I'm just trying to complete my helminth and I still have some adversary weapons to collect and max stats for. While doing that, I go after arcanes to max. 

4 hours ago, S.Dust said:

What should I do I'm a long time player I hopped back on after a short break and I still don't have the desire to really do anything.

To take a different angle from everyone else's suggestions:

What brought you back? Is it making builds? Fashion? Explosive gameplay?

There's gotta be some reason you wanted to come back. If you can sort that out, it makes figuring out what you want to do a lot easier, no?

honestly, I devote time to other games when there's nothing left in warframe: currently I do my Nightwave and get a few relics for the new prime stuff, but once I've got it all, that's basically it for a while. I probably will do a few more runs of Plague Star to get the forma while I can, as I'll need to go on another Forma Spree, maybe sooner than later with all these double affinity weekends leading up to New War.

otherwise I'm also playing Genshin Impact, Ghost of Tsushima and Witcher 3. 

Il y a 17 heures, S.Dust a dit :

I leave and then come back 3-6 months later to see what's changed and eventually farm the new stuff in one week.
Then I repeat the process.

Archived