Jump to content
  • 0

Can anyone tell me what's new on the latest Privacy Policy?


Rasdan
 Share

Question

Wednesday, September 15th 2021.

 

When i logged in, there's a message of a new privacy policy.

Problem is, Hotfix 30.7.4 notes didn't tell players what's new on their policy.

 

Anyone know what it is? It might be minor to most players. But for me, it would be wise to be aware of the game's policy.

Thanks

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Greetings, Tenno! 

I've written up a bullet-point list of all the expansions and additions to the Warframe Privacy Policy, which of course can be found here: https://www.warframe.com/privacy

  • Added a Summary of the information contained in the Privacy Policy to the top of the Policy
  • Added “Information You Provide To Us” section
  • Added “Information Collected Automatically or Generated as Part of the Service” section
  • Added “warframe_session” to “Strictly Necessary Cookies and Functionality Cookies” section
  • Added additional Third Party Cookies to the “Third Party Cookies” section
  • Expanded on “How We Store And Share Your Personal Information” Section
  • Expanded on the “How We Protect Your Information” Section
  • Expanded on the “Data Retention” section
  • Added instructions on how you can access the personal information you have provided through Support in the “Right of Access” section
  • Added the “Right to Portability” section
  • Expanded on the “Right to Erasure” section
  • Added the “Announcements”section Added the “Advertising” section
  • Expanded the “Children” section to include paragraph 2
  • Added the “Language” section
  • Added Jurisdiction-specific supplemental terms to “How to Contact Us” section

Hope this helps resolve any curiosity! 

  • Like 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

They sell your personal info like your email address.

---

I wanna know how companies get away with privacy policies and eula agreements.  

I wanna play a game so I download it.. but to enter the game I have to agree to some BS that is normally illegal.. but because I cant play the game otherwise I waive my rights.

Now imagine a road.. and your driving along... then you come upon a roadblock with a ton of guys holding assault rifles and rocket launchers and they demand that you give them money to continue down the road.  Its your choice to turn around and go a different way.   But is the roadblock illegal??   Is it not illegal all of a sudden because you agree to pay the money and go down the road ?? 

Contracts that make you waive your rights should be unconstitutional.  Cell Phones got a little tiny baby slap on the wrists for the crap they were pulling.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

They sell your personal info like your email address.

---

I wanna know how companies get away with privacy policies and eula agreements.  

I wanna play a game so I download it.. but to enter the game I have to agree to some BS that is normally illegal.. but because I cant play the game otherwise I waive my rights.

Now imagine a road.. and your driving along... then you come upon a roadblock with a ton of guys holding assault rifles and rocket launchers and they demand that you give them money to continue down the road.  Its your choice to turn around and go a different way.   But is the roadblock illegal??   Is it not illegal all of a sudden because you agree to pay the money and go down the road ?? 

Contracts that make you waive your rights should be unconstitutional.  Cell Phones got a little tiny baby slap on the wrists for the crap they were pulling.   

I'm the same I just want to download and play 99% of the time I just click yes because I want to play that game.

I know where your coming from, I don't know why they bother with it all, lots of places do it and lots of places on sell info, don't think DE do it but others don't give a hoot.

oops got a bit carried away in the spoiler. SeMz4.gif

Spoiler

When I sign up to different websites I use different names in combos and emails, so when the emails start coming in with spam adverts and promotions I know exactly where it came from.

Same as when you work, if you want to find a person that can't keep to themselves what you told them in confidence you tell different people different stories and see which one circulates.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

They sell your personal info like your email address.

---

I wanna know how companies get away with privacy policies and eula agreements.  

I wanna play a game so I download it.. but to enter the game I have to agree to some BS that is normally illegal.. but because I cant play the game otherwise I waive my rights.

Now imagine a road.. and your driving along... then you come upon a roadblock with a ton of guys holding assault rifles and rocket launchers and they demand that you give them money to continue down the road.  Its your choice to turn around and go a different way.   But is the roadblock illegal??   Is it not illegal all of a sudden because you agree to pay the money and go down the road ?? 

Contracts that make you waive your rights should be unconstitutional.  Cell Phones got a little tiny baby slap on the wrists for the crap they were pulling.   

Well, do they own the road?  That is, is that portion of the road private property?  If so, why would it be unconstitutional to set up a roadblock and charge for it, unless the law specifically forbids private ownership of roads?  That's how I see EULAs in general -- until there is legislation to force developers to reserve certain rights for users, and/or unless the service is a basic necessity for survival in that society, EULAs can contain all sorts of weird clauses and it is the user's discretion to accept or decline.

Which brings us to my second point.  As far as I can tell, most of the changes this time around is to comply with the EU's GDPR and other similar laws cropping up across the world.  Despite a small burden placed on developers, these laws a are good thing, IMHO.  So if you truly value your rights, then I would suggest that you 1) carefully read all EULAs before accepting them; and 2) if you live in a place that does not yet have GDPR-like legislation (like all of the U.S. except California), make sure you let your legislators know that you would like to have it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Well, do they own the road?  That is, is that portion of the road private property?  If so, why would it be unconstitutional to set up a roadblock and charge for it, unless the law specifically forbids private ownership of roads?  That's how I see EULAs in general -- until there is legislation to force developers to reserve certain rights for users, and/or unless the service is a basic necessity for survival in that society, EULAs can contain all sorts of weird clauses and it is the user's discretion to accept or decline.

Which brings us to my second point.  As far as I can tell, most of the changes this time around is to comply with the EU's GDPR and other similar laws cropping up across the world.  Despite a small burden placed on developers, these laws a are good thing, IMHO.  So if you truly value your rights, then I would suggest that you 1) carefully read all EULAs before accepting them; and 2) if you live in a place that does not yet have GDPR-like legislation (like all of the U.S. except California), make sure you let your legislators know that you would like to have it.

I'm pretty sure @(PSN)AbBaNdOn_ is talking about warlord soldiers that fleece or kidnap tourists and locals because the scum think they own the road/area. 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
37 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I'm pretty sure @(PSN)AbBaNdOn_ is talking about warlord soldiers that fleece or kidnap tourists and locals because the scum think they own the road/area. 🤔

😨  Ooh, yeah, that is indefensible.  Sorry, I got confused by this part:

5 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Its your choice to turn around and go a different way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2021-09-15 at 3:37 AM, Rasdan said:

Wednesday, September 15th 2021.

 

When i logged in, there's a message of a new privacy policy.

Problem is, Hotfix 30.7.4 notes didn't tell players what's new on their policy.

 

Anyone know what it is? It might be minor to most players. But for me, it would be wise to be aware of the game's policy.

Thanks

Worry not, you are just giving more of your personal data to whoever makes money with it.
-_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2021-09-15 at 10:28 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Greetings, Tenno! 

I've written up a bullet-point list of all the expansions and additions to the Warframe Privacy Policy, which of course can be found here: https://www.warframe.com/privacy

  • Added a Summary of the information contained in the Privacy Policy to the top of the Policy
  • Added “Information You Provide To Us” section
  • Added “Information Collected Automatically or Generated as Part of the Service” section
  • Added “warframe_session” to “Strictly Necessary Cookies and Functionality Cookies” section
  • Added additional Third Party Cookies to the “Third Party Cookies” section
  • Expanded on “How We Store And Share Your Personal Information” Section
  • Expanded on the “How We Protect Your Information” Section
  • Expanded on the “Data Retention” section
  • Added instructions on how you can access the personal information you have provided through Support in the “Right of Access” section
  • Added the “Right to Portability” section
  • Expanded on the “Right to Erasure” section
  • Added the “Announcements”section Added the “Advertising” section
  • Expanded the “Children” section to include paragraph 2
  • Added the “Language” section
  • Added Jurisdiction-specific supplemental terms to “How to Contact Us” section

Hope this helps resolve any curiosity! 

Thank you! This helps a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Wait... You guys aren't using a spam specific email to sign up for games?

That's literally what yahoo is for.

Normal email use? Normal email.

Something that's going to steal your information and send you Clem enlargement? Spam email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...