DE, more communication would be greatly appreciated

iPathos

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

Do you know how hard it is to get someone into this game when they can't figure out anything after they kill captain vor. when I started back in 2016 I didn't even know there was a wiki yet I pushed through and it took me 2 and a half weeks before I knew how to upgrade a mod. I didn't know what a forma even was until two months in. I didn't know about the existence of wiki until I was three years into the game nor did I have any means to access said wiki even if I did. every returning player I meet, ever single one says to me that they quit the game because they couldn't figure out what to do. I lost count of how many times I've heard that same reason over and over again. if they expanded on the tutorial the playerbase could easily double maybe even triple. also the only change they made to the tutorial is adding it to Cetus not a single bit of new or important information was added.

I also started the game and I used the wiki for like 2 bosses, things that shouldnt be explained by the game eitherway imo. I had zero issues getting the hang of the systems on my own though. But as I admitted to the OP, my view on how easy it is can be shaded, or jaded depending on how you look at it by having long MMORPG, arpg, rpg and shooter experience in the trunk prior to picking up WF. For me, WF has been one of the least confusing games I've picked up and played.

I'm very doubtful that an expanded tutorial would come close doubling the playerbase since the basic things arent that hard to understand, so those people would quit at the next thing instead, then people would beg for handholding, simplification and homogenization elsewhere aswell, and we'd end up with WoW post Cataclysm more or less. It isnt like WF has a small playerbase, that means that there are plenty of people that get past the basics without significant issues.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I also started the game and I used the wiki for like 2 bosses, things that shouldnt be explained by the game eitherway imo. I had zero issues getting the hang of the systems on my own though. But as I admitted to the OP, my view on how easy it is can be shaded, or jaded depending on how you look at it by having long MMORPG, arpg, rpg and shooter experience in the trunk prior to picking up WF. For me, WF has been one of the least confusing games I've picked up and played.

I'm very doubtful that an expanded tutorial would come close doubling the playerbase since the basic things arent that hard to understand, so those people would quit at the next thing instead, then people would beg for handholding, simplification and homogenization elsewhere aswell, and we'd end up with WoW post Cataclysm more or less. It isnt like WF has a small playerbase, that means that there are plenty of people that get past the basics without significant issues.

I'm not saying make everything into a tutorial I'm saying give people a clue as to what to do after vor and how to mod, upgrade mods, etc. not everyone knows there's a wiki and not everyone has access to it if they do. and the hints the game gives you tend to be vague or misleading. 

• Like 1

On 2021-09-19 at 2:59 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

personally I would be grateful that they are at least listening.

Have you read the Holokey and Yareli feedback threads, let alone any of the individual feedback threads or forums? If they're listening, they have a fidelity of around 10% at best.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iPathos said:

Have you read the Holokey and Yareli feedback threads, let alone any of the individual feedback threads or forums? If they're listening, they have a fidelity of around 10% at best.

They're listening, but they're choosing to ignore what's being said because they know better.

Back in the early days of "The Old Blood" there was a Dev stream in which a certain Dev when asked stated live on camera that after reading the forums they felt that the overwhelming negative feeling from the players about the update was that Kuva Liches didn't take long enough to kill.

As someone who was posting in these topics at the time I can pretty much guarantee the the actual issued were anything but that, in fact, I checked back at the time and time to kill wasn't even mentioned on this forum.

It is however, a well known meme that if you want DE to actually take any notice of something in Warframe you need to post it on the Reddit.

After all, one person on Reddit managed to get Universal Medallion functionality removed from Conclave, so it must be true.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iPathos said:

In reality the holokeys never needed any changes. They just needed a few bug fixes, since the bugs are the main reason why the keys drop so poorly at times to begin with. And those bugs are still there afaik, which makes it look like the changes didnt do much. The buffs to the system in the workshop are more than enough if they fix the actual bugs. But right now, if you notice a dryspell restart the game or atleast go back to your orbiter and sign up again. When I figured that out I had zero issues getting the keys I needed and got myself a maxed out weapon plus a few different elemental combination tested for a few others in no time. Yareli needs alot more though, but they've pretty much busted that frame by making Merulina an active skill with the horrible limitations tied to it in return for some health buff. That is a quarter of her potential kit completely wasted, along with 3 other weak skills. They will never be able to patch her into a good state with the kit she has unless they rework her 1, 3 and 4 completely.

6 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

As someone who was posting in these topics at the time I can pretty much guarantee the the actual issued were anything but that, in fact, I checked back at the time and time to kill wasn't even mentioned on this forum.

There was mentioning of that, they just didnt use the words time to kill. There were plenty of complaints regarding how the liches were nothing like the epic long term relationship thing DE "had shown during Tennocon" and talked about earlier. That is the TTK DE were talking about that people complained over. It wasnt about the actual showdown or each engagement with them, it was about the length of the whole thing. And I'm quite glad that DE removed that prior to the intitial releases when they found out it just didnt work well, which they also stated a few times in different streams leading up to it.

That and the backbreaking for no real reason were two of the main complaints about the system. Then it went back and forth alot regarding murmur grinding, lich tries being unrewarding and so on. A big reason why the liches took time before recieving changes was really just bullheadedness rooted in some "pride" a certain dev had for the system even though it was bad. We later got exactly the changes we wanted.

• Like 2