Please DE, give us a Multi Polarity Forma

kazenioware

Please DE, give us a multi polarity forma.

One per frame would be great.

Why?

Some mods need a lot of points, and if you have different builds with different polarities for a particular frame you can not max them out.

One thing for sure: i will not get two of the same frame. The grinding is already tedious as it is right now.

• Like 9

I would love this. I need an entirely new copy of a warframe for some builds because it ruins the other builds polarities. Can also be hard to play around with different rivens when changing between rivens of different polarities. A multi polarity forma would be amazing, even if just the one per warframe/weapon.

I'd like to see this happen too; It could even be used in leu of the Exilus forma idea, since this would help with that slot.

That does bring one question to mind though; Since you can't usually swap polarities between an Exilus slot and the regular ones, if someone doesn't put it in the Exilus slot first, would attempting to place a 2nd Multi-polarity forma just replace wherever the current one is at, as a way to "swap" that around? If so, I'd imagine the previous slot would just become blank, to leave room for a different forma.

Just some food for thought, hypothetically speaking.

• Like 1

I like the idea of just beeing able to use multiple formas on one mod slot for multiple polarities... 

But unfortunately this probably will never happen.. cause 1 wf slot +1 potato + Aura-/ forma Grind + warframe Grind = more money and time investment than one multi-forma grind... or a mod slot with 3-4 applied formas...

And if they give that to us.. people will complain that they want integrated enemy/loot Radar and universal vacuum without needing to mod for that .. and then they want their animal companions with modable claw weapons.. 

And after that seperated warframe energy from the railjack ...

.. great ideas but DE are the ones that have to use them.. they have the last Word.. And it seems they like hills ...

Take care guys ! 

Edited by Mortico
Additional points

No, no, no. Get your mind outside the box.

You just need to be able to polarise an item rather than its slots directly.

Unlocking a bank of polarities which you can freely assign and reassign at-will solves the problem of futureproofing and complex/changing builds while not making all those extant Forma we're currently farming by the bucketload in Plague Star redundant.

There's no need for 'uni polarity slots' if you can just have the other polarities available if you invested sufficiently. Added bonus, it lets you not only mix and match on one slot, but also means you can use the same quantity across multiple slots - you don't have "one slot with four possible polarities", you'd have "four total possible polarities to put on 0 to 4 slots of choice".

• Like 2

On 2021-09-15 at 1:10 AM, kazenioware said:

One thing for sure: i will not get two of the same frame. The grinding is already tedious as it is right now

When a general multi polarity system arrives--and if it even is grindable rather than time/event limited--I'll be very surprised if the grind isn't at least roughly on the same scale as building and forma-ing up a duplicate frame.   

• Like 1

What the heck 😅

I made a thread about this long time ago, and got bunch replies saying its not needed or that it would make us "too strong" which didnt make sense at all considering you can already do all of that... And now all of a sudden so many positive replies. 

So yeah as someone who likes to make a lot of different fun and niche builds this would be very much needed. 

• Like 1

On 2021-09-17 at 9:10 AM, TheLexiConArtist said:

No, no, no. Get your mind outside the box.

You just need to be able to polarise an item rather than its slots directly.

Unlocking a bank of polarities which you can freely assign and reassign at-will solves the problem of futureproofing and complex/changing builds while not making all those extant Forma we're currently farming by the bucketload in Plague Star redundant.

There's no need for 'uni polarity slots' if you can just have the other polarities available if you invested sufficiently. Added bonus, it lets you not only mix and match on one slot, but also means you can use the same quantity across multiple slots - you don't have "one slot with four possible polarities", you'd have "four total possible polarities to put on 0 to 4 slots of choice".

That actually seems like a much better system.

Well, if anything, how about having one slot which could choose a one time polarity for it. From then on in, you could flip it to blank polarity and back to that original polarity whenever you like. That will only minutely interfere w THEIR economy model. This gives you a little flexibility for shuffling around mods, and Keep in mind, it would be a cool way to have an augment polarity for an augment with out penalty when you want to go back to your favorite loadout. There are so many fun augments, but I just pass them by now because its not worth the hit. You would need to have them determine if you could do it on exilus slot or not. I know they take that economy very seriously. (Based on how they did not want to budge on having auto vacuum for example.)