Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade market police!

A.M.R.

I came back about 10 days ago after about 2 years break
And lo and behold, self appointed trade regulators still a thing
Like for example I offer to sell Ambassador set for 150P, someone will contact you saying "on WF.Market the price is 100P", those I came to just ignore them

1. This is the lowest price, not the only price.

2. Trading in-game is like free market

3. That site isn't official nor affiliated with DE

4. It is my time and effort I spend in the game, I will price what I offer as I see fit and depends on offer and demand I see in the trade chat I might adjust the price

Or even childish behavior like they invite you to dojo > initiate the trade and put the plat just to cancel it when you press ready and leave either without saying a word or leaving a "nice" comment

That later kind of players I feel like I should be reporting them in-game for grieving or something..

...I mean 150 plat for an Ambassador set is hysterically overpriced, especially considering it is purchasable from the market with a potato and slot for 225.

The weapon itself also just isn't really worth it at that price (no matter how much I love the concept, DE utterly screwed the Kubrow with the stats it has).

il y a 1 minute, A.M.R. a dit :

I came back about 10 days ago after about 2 years break
And lo and behold, self appointed trade regulators still a thing
Like for example I offer to sell Ambassador set for 150P, someone will contact you saying "on WF.Market the price is 100P", those I came to just ignore them

1. This is the lowest price, not the only price.

2. Trading in-game is like free market

3. That site isn't official nor affiliated with DE

4. It is my time and effort I spend in the game, I will price what I offer as I see fit and depends on offer and demand I see in the trade chat I might adjust the price

Or even childish behavior like they invite you to dojo > initiate the trade and put the plat just to cancel it when you press ready and leave either without saying a word or leaving a "nice" comment

That later kind of players I feel like I should be reporting them in-game for grieving or something..

Well, that really depends how the person behaves.

Out of context, saying that you are overpricing relative to wfmarket is perfectly fine. It is a form of haggling, as you say, it is a free market.

It is normal for people to try for the lowest price, especially when there are registered examples of other cheaper transactions for the same item.

It is your right to set a higher price, just as it is the buyer's right to try to drop it.

You of course mention trolls too, which I don't defend in the slightest. I just find it hard to believe that all those instances would be trolls, as opposed to a majority of normal people just pointing out your overpricing.

10 days?

It's been like that for years, some users simply do not respect other players nor they learned the free market system, it's not a matter if they exist or not, it's WHO is the player.

This minority exists everywhere, in your clan, in your alliance, in the content creators, certain discord mods, it's all a matter of knowing who you want to trade with and who you don't want to even give them a 2nd chance.

Take my example, i sell a weapon bp for a specific price and i have been the target for mass reports, toxicity and even attepts to try and reset some of my online passwords (like facebook), however i gained knowledge to identify who was the blame, which discords, clans and alliances promote said toxic behavior.

Ignore those users and sell things for how much you want, you are allowed to do so.

9 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Well, that really depends how the person behaves.

Out of context, saying that you are overpricing relative to wfmarket is perfectly fine. It is a form of haggling, as you say, it is a free market.

It is normal for people to try for the lowest price, especially when there are registered examples of other cheaper transactions for the same item.

It is your right to set a higher price, just as it is the buyer's right to try to drop it.

You of course mention trolls too, which I don't defend in the slightest. I just find it hard to believe that all those instances would be trolls, as opposed to a majority of normal people just pointing out your overpricing.

I already sold a few sets to hagglers, yeah I'm not here talking about them

8 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

10 days?

It's been like that for years, some users simply do not respect other players nor they learned the free market system, it's not a matter if they exist or not, it's WHO is the player.

This minority exists everywhere, in your clan, in your alliance, in the content creators, it's all a matter of knowing who you want to trade with and who you don't want to even give them a 2nd chance.

Take my example, i sell a weapon bp for a specific price and i have been the target for mass reports, toxicity and even attepts to try and reset some of my online passwords (like facebook), however i gained knowledge to identify who was the blame, which discords, clans and alliances promote said toxic behavior.

Ignore those users and sell things for how much you want, you are allowed to do so.

I returned to the game 10 days ago, but yes it sadly has been like this since I joined WF 5 years ago

10 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...I mean 150 plat for an Ambassador set is hysterically overpriced, especially considering it is purchasable from the market with a potato and slot for 225.

I personally don't judge.... Probably because I would do the samething.... But OP already listed his/her their points and well.... They are valid...

Just Sayin' 

11 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The weapon itself also just isn't really worth it at that price (no matter how much I love the concept, DE utterly screwed the Kubrow with the stats it has).

I mean... It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.... When I accidentally Dissolved my Corinth riven I immediately posted in trade chat and bought the very first offer I saw.... Was it over priced ? To this day I still don't know or care.... I was more upset that DE still hasn't fixed this Issue of Accidentally Dissolving Mods more than whatever goes on with the market....

I mean... The way I justify it to myself is... it's Fake Money.... So I really shouldn't hoard it... Spend it like it's going out of Style 😎...

Just now, Lutesque said:

I mean... It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it...

Under most circumstances I would agree, but after my experience with the Ambassador I can safely say it is the one exception...the poor gun is maximum bungling from DE's weapon design department in terms of stats.

à l’instant, A.M.R. a dit :

I already sold a few sets to hagglers, yeah I'm not here talking about them

Yeah, but you were clearly complaining that some people even dare to try to reduce your price.

So do you only have a problem about trolls ? But if so, it wouldn't make sense to call them "trade police" right ?

So what are you talking about exactly ?

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Yeah, but you were clearly complaining that some people even dare to try to reduce your price.

So do you only have a problem about trolls ? But if so, it wouldn't make sense to call them "trade police" right ?

So what are you talking about exactly ?

Hagglers are welcome, but players I'm talking about here say more than "price on wf market is ###" .. really not that hard to tell the difference 

I didn't start trading yesterday

I've personally not had much luck in trade chat. I mean, that could very well, easily, be because I'm just not familiar with it or quite know the prices of various things, and I'm sure they're always fluctuating. The only issue I've ever really had when I do try trade chat though is every now and then I'll get someone who, at first, is willing to barter/haggle, but later on disrespect me because I'm not settling on a price for them, or I feel I'm being shafted and call off the trade. Of course, I simply move on and ignore them, but other than that I've not really had any issues. There are times I'll sit with people and we'll check out various sites (mainly for rivens) before a price is decided, but I know that's a more lucrative market, so it's probably not much of a comparison to what you speak of OP.

I do see where you're coming from though. There's been times where I attempt to purchase/sell something in trade chat and I'll have someone whisper me stating that the price is higher/lower on warframe.market, so I have attempted to haggle at that point. However, when it's something that might be, for example, 4 plat on warframe.market (but no one is online for trading), and people ask for 30 in-game, that gets to be a bit annoying. Emphasis on annoying. Idk that I would go too far as to say I'd call it grieving and deserving of reporting, but definitely annoying. I just ignore and move on the best I can with things like that. I assume they just might not use warframe.market and leave it at that 'cause the way I see it, something might only be worth X amount to one person because they got it on the first try, but it could be worth triple to someone else because it took them a week. All in my opinion though. Hopefully it gets better for you!

free markets are a double edged sword. you have the right to price things as you see fit, but others also have the right to call you out if they see it cheaper elsewhere, in the hopes you'll lower your price. you can't expect every single buyer to not do the research and just buy at whatever price you see fit, that's not how a free market works.

il y a 1 minute, A.M.R. a dit :

Hagglers are welcome, but players I'm talking about here say more than "price on wf market is ###" .. really not that hard to tell the difference 

I didn't start trading yesterday

Could you be any more vague ?

That is just a form of haggling, they're using this site to substanciate their claim.

What even is your problem ? That they didn't say "please, thank you" ?

You might not have started trading yesterday, but you're yet to learn how to form an argument. Feel like you wouldn't be so vague if you were confident in your claim.

All this makes me believe you're actually just complaining that people won't buy your overpriced garbage because they DARED to check the price before agreeing.

Maybe I'm missing some major factor here, but unless you start expanding and explaining yourself, I'm starting to see a certain picture being drawn.

This is no different to how online trading works irl. You post an item for X price and usually the first person to contact you or to comment on your post is someone saying that the item cost Y somewhere else. And this is when you either adjust your price or leave it as is. No point complaining or arguing about it.

1 minute ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

Imagine complaining about people pointing out that you're preying on peoples' lack of knowledge. You are absolutely allowed to price things however you want, for all the reasons you said, but stop pretending you aren't aware that you're tricking people into paying more than they need to just because they don't know better.

Why, because someone somewhere offering the same thing for a lower price that means I'm "tricking people" !!!!!!!!!!
What we are trading away here is the product of our own effort, time and rng
Someone wants a quick plat so they offer lower price, so for that I'm "tricking people" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll use wfmarket for median price indexing in trying to get a fair price (where fair price is what both parties agree on). 

At the moment I'm chasing Spring-loaded Blade and I don't feel like dropping 70p average on it. 

I think that trading would go alot smother if the process of navigating trade chat  was streamlined into different channels operating on specific items for example rivens being there own thing,  primes being there own thing, weapon sets being there own thing. The market on each platform would eventually level itself out and still allow for wfmark to compete.

4 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Could you be any more vague ?

That is just a form of haggling, they're using this site to substanciate their claim.

What even is your problem ? That they didn't say "please, thank you" ?

You might not have started trading yesterday, but you're yet to learn how to form an argument. Feel like you wouldn't be so vague if you were confident in your claim.

All this makes me believe you're actually just complaining that people won't buy your overpriced garbage because they DARED to check the price before agreeing.

Maybe I'm missing some major factor here, but unless you start expanding and explaining yourself, I'm starting to see a certain picture being drawn.

So they start by "on wf market price is xx" because they want to haggle for price lower than the lowest price on wf market ?!!

like my example I'm offering it for 150, and lowest on wf market is 100 so they hoping to get it for 70 ? is that what you mean 

If so then why they contact me ? why they don't go to that 100 player and start haggling from there ?

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I remember few weeks ago ambassador was priced 300 when market price was 225 :D

il y a 2 minutes, A.M.R. a dit :

So they start by "on wf market price is xx" because they want to haggle for price lower than the lowest price on wf market ?!!

like my example I'm offering it for 150, and lowest on wf market is 100 so they hoping to get it for 70 ? is that what you mean 

If so then why they contact me ? why they don't go to that 100 player and start haggling from there ?

That's what I thought.

You're just completely egocentric, complaining that people don't respect your time and effort by lowering the price, while you are completely oblivious that their time and effort obtaining that plat (ingame or irl) is just as valuable.

You didn't start trading yesterday, yet you're incapable of understanding the very point of a free market, only able to think about your end of the deal.

Have fun in your little delusionnal world, I have nothing left to add.

I always sell my stuff at the "lowest" value on warframe market, mainly because that guarantees a fast sale. I dont have the time to try and sell on the chat,especially for a higher than usual price because to my experience its gonna take even longer to find a buyer. Im not against selling for a higher price though as long as its not total rip off, like selling a syndicate mod for 200 plat or something when it's worth 10-20p at most.

However, dispite selling at the lowest, that doesn't mean I'll sell them at "any" price, for example I would never sell a prime warframe set for only 30plat which it sometimes goes for when the supply is at its highest, I rather wait for the price to go up. 

37 minutes ago, A.M.R. said:

Why, because someone somewhere offering the same thing for a lower price that means I'm "tricking people" !!!!!!!!!!
What we are trading away here is the product of our own effort, time and rng
Someone wants a quick plat so they offer lower price, so for that I'm "tricking people" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not an outlier price, there's a huge amount of listings at that price and you know it, yet you're knowingly trying to get people to buy it for 50% more because they don't know better. So yes, you're tricking them and you're doing it on purpose. You're allowed to, but it is what you're doing. Stop trying to pretend otherwise, you have no moral high ground.

The implication is people reading chat don't know any better and you know that, and, decide to profit and prey on it anyway.

To the credit of warframe's community people actually have a heart and sense of right and wrong, it's hilarious you are thieving people's money then play the victim card because the world is just so unfair towards you!!!!1

Your premise is people shouldn't police other people's behavoir, you are free to do what you want, okay great, then the door swings both ways and people are free to walk all over you too.

It is "their time and effort they spend in-game", right? Or does it only apply to you because you are so special?

You are free to set whatever price you want , nothing wrong with it, and I as a buyer am free to try and haggle or ignore it.

Some people only want to pay the lowest price though, which I can respect but don't have to agree with as a seller at all times.

These values can change over time for multiple reasons based on supply and demand.

So don't really see any of the parties doing anything wrong ... Other than annoying each other a bit, which considering it's a mature game can be tolerated and at worst be blocked/ignored.

Archived