Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw: Butcher’s Revelry Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

Even with these changes, the weapon is still completely unusable because of the total time duration of each combo. 
The damage per second is 1/4th to 1/8th of that of most other melee weapons because of this fact alone. 
We need to spend more time swinging the actual weapon and less time winding the swing up! 
Light attacks are not supposed to feel like heavy attacks! 

I mean, this is a step in the right direction. The main issue (that I think everyone can agree upon) is the fact that there isn't much in the way of forward attacks (aside from riding the ghoulsaw, which apparently stops on enemies). If you could hold down the attack button to keep the ghoulsaw running (instead of mashing the button) that would be a HUGE improvement. 

Also maybe bumping the Crit Chance to 20% and the Status to 30% might be a decent improvement. 

as the most tenno addressed here, the clunkyness of the ghoulsaw its the main issue, but i think the developers are 2 busy w the new war & the animation work its hard. The main problems are the damage consistency, attack speed & hitbox/range inconsistency. what u can do to work only work in math issues it & also make it more theme appropriated  its change how attack speed works on this weapon, instead of accelerating hits & animations, w a fixed animation speed apply a multihit mechanic as multishot its calculated, (since the blade rotates will feel nice) & range  instead of a line  can be as explosion range its calculated on guns as a sphere with reduced efficacy. Also the distance traveled should be defined by user but w increased momentum calculated based on distances traveled (or time).

this will make the weapon class unique & will be less work then re do the animations.

I have a few problems with the stance.

1. Combos don't chain well together, maybe some animations could be sped up so it doesn't feel so sluggish to chain combos together. The moves are slow and enemies have a lot of time to run away before an attack lands. Out of four combos only 2 feel useful (forward and forward + block combos).
  2. Forward combo doesn't loop very well. In the devstream preview it looked like it was a continuous attack whereas in the game the animation doesn't look so smooth. It feels weird to use, the sound doesn't loop very well either. Still, this is the most useful combo of the bunch.
  3. The slam in the forward + block combo should be decoupled from the first attack. Currently, we press the button once and perform the slide and the slam. It doesn't feel good and makes it impossible to interrupt the combo with a different attack without rolling. After pressing attack once we should ride the saw and then jump off. Slam should be after the second press of a button.

22 minutes ago, Genitive said:

The slam in the forward + block combo should be decoupled from the first attack. Currently, we press the button once and perform the slide and the slam. It doesn't feel good and makes it impossible to interrupt the combo with a different attack without rolling. After pressing attack once we should ride the saw and then jump off. Slam should be after the second press of a button.

I like current version because I don't have to click so much as forward combo.

Unless they make something like: press "forward + block + melee" > ride it for unlimited time > press melee again (maybe with whole "forward + block" thing) to execute slam then I don't see need for it.

On 2021-09-16 at 8:16 AM, HolySeraphin said:

So, pretty much like Gunsen.

Gunsen was actually pretty solid on introduction, Slicing Feathers however was a clunky mess. Melee 3.0 made that stance far more usable if nothing else, disregarding any changes made beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived