Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic feature idea: parrot-on-shoulder-plate

GrandLompus

Just had a squad mate tell me about his Harr-Harr-Harrow, and I asked him if he made him pirate-themed too.  And then the following popped up out of nowhere:

What if there was a parrot-on-shoulder cosmetic?

Some features it could have:

• it repeats Ordis and Lotus transmissions (thanks squad mate for the suggestion!)
  • it repeats boss lines from bosses you already defeated or such
  • it imitates (shadow) stalker to get jump scares mid-level (f*king bird!)
  • Octavia's resonator amps the bird's volume (thanks squad mate!)
  • it participates in "Hey Kiddo..." shenanigans (thanks squad mate!)
  • maybe it could be a full-blown companion too; it could fly off to fetch loot for you

Normally I ignore all cosmetics, and even though this would be rather silly and ill-themed I'd probably run with it!

Would you run with such a bird?  And what else would you like it to do?  Or is it just too off-theme to be considerable?  And should it be audible to squad mates (like the Mandachord etc.) or not?

2 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Just had a squad mate tell me about his Harr-Harr-Harrow, and I asked him if he made him pirate-themed too.  And then the following popped up out of nowhere:

What if there was a parrot-on-shoulder cosmetic?

• it repeats Ordis and Lotus transmissions (thanks squad mate for the suggestion!)
  • maybe it could be a full-blown companion too; it could fly off to fetch loot for you

Normally I ignore all cosmetics, and even though this would be rather silly and ill-themed I'd probably run with it!

Would you run with such a bird?  And what else would you like it to do?  Or is it just too off-theme to be considerable?  And should it be audible to squad mates (like the Mandachord etc.) or not?

If it would be this parrot
Im all in
4798_4.jpg

I think a shoulder parrot would be cool, but I don't think one can be done at a high level of quality.  If it were a normal piece of shoulder armor, it would just look like a dead bird was stapled to your shoulder, swaying wildly as your arms moved while you ran.

If you want a space parrot, there's a skin and accessories that you can buy in the market to dress your Sentinel up like a parrot-like creature; it was introduced as part of a Hydroid bundle, since he be a pirate.

38 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Please no, only if it leaves the player wearing it with permanent radiation proc. Its bad enough already to have to listen to NPCs dialogging especially after long dead.

35 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

4798_4.jpg

Me:
4kvZUif.gif

49 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Please no, only if it leaves the player wearing it with permanent radiation proc. Its bad enough already to have to listen to NPCs dialogging especially after long dead.

Me:
4kvZUif.gif

We have a birb lover in the room!

But I'd be cool with the radiation proc, but only if the thing glows in the dark too.  Or make that viral; maybe the thing has bird flu...

Archived