Yareli: A simple idea for a quick fix.

LestryusAmentus

What vortex are you talking about?

It makes no sense for aquablades to be sucked into a vortex... the point is that they surround your character and hit enemies at melee range. Them getting sucked into a vortex is not a good idea.

Sea Snares should also not do viral damage... why on earth would water bubbles do viral damage? Corrosive sure, Cold Sure, but Viral? Why do you think it should deal viral damage outside of proccing status? Sea Snares doesn't actually cause status procs so this makes no sense.

I agree that Merulina should synergize her kit but just adding more numbers is not the solution. 

Finally, Yareli doesn't need more armor. She is not a defensive frame and it makes sense that she has low armor. She is a hit and run frame. The problem is that Merulina sucks as damage redirection. This should be bumped to 80/90%

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Sea Snares should also not do viral damage... why on earth would water bubbles do viral damage? Corrosive sure, Cold Sure, but Viral? Why do you think it should deal viral damage outside of proccing status? Sea Snares doesn't actually cause status procs so this makes no sense.

We're using water bubbles to damage and lift up enemies, and the first thing you question in this space ninja game is the damage type of it being viral? Getting a diarrhea from tap water for example is probably a really common occurance is some parts of the world anyway.

The simple reasoning would be to make the ability have at least one useful trait. Viral is a one of the best scaling status procs in the game, and Yareli's scaling into high level play still totally sucks.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

We're using water bubbles to damage and lift up enemies, and the first thing you question in this space ninja game is the damage type of it being viral? Getting a diarrhea from tap water for example is probably a really common occurance is some parts of the world anyway.

The simple reasoning would be to make the ability have at least one useful trait. Viral is a one of the best scaling status procs in the game, and Yareli's scaling into high level play still totally sucks.

But Sea Snares does not apply a status proc, does it? As far as I know it deals cold damage but does not apply a status proc. 

Your logic does make some sense for sea snares doing viral but at the same time I am not convinced it is a good idea. I mean, boiling water is hot so why not make it Heat? Electrified water elecrocutes stuff so why not make it Electric? The water in Fallout 4 is irradiated so why not make it deal Radiation?

Edited by Leqesai

I posted this idea in another thread but really wanted a opinion on this idea. Would it be a good and fun idea for riptide to be a stationary vortex with a longer duration to pull enemies in instead of bursting at the end, and adopt elemental status procs when players shoot riptide with a status proc weapon dealing dmg overtime with the adopted status proc?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

One could just simply make Sea Snares apply damage vulnerability, like Blazing Chakram does. No need to go the Viral route.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

One could just simply make Sea Snares apply damage vulnerability, like Blazing Chakram does. No need to go the Viral route.

Sea Snares already 'appears' to lift enemies. If they got afflicted with Lifted status it would solve this problem IMO. It would actually make lifted builds much more viable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LestryusAmentus said:

So, after Yareli unleash her Bubbles and aqua blades, both should  get caught in the vortex adding their specific dmg and scale the dmg values. So we would have a vortex with viral and slash dmg. (i just checked sea snares dmg and it also gives cold dmg. but i swear that i remember that she had viral dmg, one way or another, sea snares should do viral dmg with her Soft&Wet bubbles)
Good thing too if you make the dmg scale for the enemy level.

I think the direction of this is good, I just think it needs some room for choice. You might not want your sea snares and aqua places to get sucked up in the vortex you know? 

I think maybe there should be an option to throw aqua blades rapidly (like holding the aqua blades button), and they can get sucked up into the vortex to create slash and viral status effects. That way it's more optional instead of forceful 

Also, vortex should not be animation locking you. The games best qualities is its ease of movement. It's fast and smooth which is extremely satisfying, animation locking abilities kill the fun, the longer the lock the worse

Peharps merulina should give dmg to her abilities? I mean, that makes sense.

I don't know, I feel like I'd still rather use her abilities on foot. Outside the intense amount of durability you gain from merulina, I feel that it needs 2 more things

1.) Flying Ability (press the aim button while airborne to activate it)

Grounded movement I think feels pretty good after the changes, it feels a lot more smooth. Being in the air on the other hand sucks! It's really hard to judge the height of jumps and angle them the way you want. Warframes are easier to control with aim glide and the ability to roll to switch directions 

If we could fly, and like cancel all movement in the vertical direction the instant we activate flight, and slightly be able to move left and right (similar to aim gliding), I feel it could really help things feel more smooth, even if it just last a few seconds. It'd be much easier to redirect yourself in the air to keep yourself from missing your desired location.

2.) Make it a weapon/tool

I don't think health and and slight buffs are too special as we are in the middle of basically a war, it should be combative to some degree imo. I think merulina would be awesome if it came with an ability or 2, like maybe have it fire sea snares that move out 20x further and faster, auto aimed at enemies. Like a long range shotgun blast, sending bubbles everywhere. 

would add a lil bit more armor to Yareli, she would die less and her metal parts look very thick and solid so i think makes sense she having more armor.

Don't feel armor is too necessary, she has some nice shields, idc for this 1

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim

9 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Sea Snares already 'appears' to lift enemies. If they got afflicted with Lifted status it would solve this problem IMO. It would actually make lifted builds much more viable.

I like this, would be a good design choice, arguably on the wrong frame tho I'm afraid

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim

10 hours ago, LestryusAmentus said:

So, after Yareli unleash her Bubbles and aqua blades, both should  get caught in the vortex adding their specific dmg and scale the dmg values. 

If they just made it so that aquablades consistently hit enemies when you target your vortex within your blade radius, that'd be a good start.

A riptide augment that gave those trapped inside a sea snare rather than spitting them everywhere would be sick, though.