What frame to use for MR 12 test?

sauceyboii11

Question

25 answers to this question

Aren't these tests supposed to be passable with any frame? I'm only up to 15 at the moment so I'm not sure if there's ones down the track that require more specific options

edit: 🤔 Now I'm curious. Might go retry the MR 12 test, since I can't quite remember what it was

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Aren't these tests supposed to be passable with any frame? I'm only up to 15 at the moment so I'm not sure if there's ones down the track that require more specific options

they are but some frames make some tests brain-dead simple.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

The only 2 that I personally needed a specific frame for was the 9th and 19th (the stealth tests) used Wisp to be constantly stealth, and a glaive for killing at range.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

MR30 test is definately not doable with any frame.  I struggled with taking the test using stuff I didnt wanna use for a while..... 

But a test isnt just about aiming or jumping its also about making decisions and using the right tool for the job.

🤔 What did you take that you struggled with? The MR 30 test intrigues me greatly, and is honestly kind of the main reason I'm slowely ranking up

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

MR30 was a big deal so I wanted to use my starter frame Mag.   My Loadout couldnt handle it tho.   I had to use Mesa :(

That's funny that you would use the starter as well, because I was thinking Excalibur! 😋

Cool cool, thanks for the info. I'm thinking I may try it a few times with different loadouts and see how far I can push it, so Mag may be a start (depends on what it's like)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, McCIoud said:

The only 2 that I personally needed a specific frame for was the 9th and 19th (the stealth tests) used Wisp to be constantly stealth, and a glaive for killing at range.

I needed specific frames for a couple actually. Limbo was a godsend for the two chase ones, Titania for the speedrun collect points and those platforms, Zephyr for the early parkour test as her longer aim glides skip areas, Ember for the archwing to platform then kill  everyone as her new Inferno cheesed it, Wisp for the Defense ones etc. Sometimes it is much more productive to take the frames suggested by the Wiki than just any old frame on half at least.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I needed specific frames for a couple actually. Limbo was a godsend for the two chase ones, Titania for the speedrun collect points and those platforms, Zephyr for the early parkour test as her longer aim glides skip areas, Ember for the archwing to platform then kill  everyone as her new Inferno cheesed it, Wisp for the Defense ones etc. Sometimes it is much more productive to take the frames suggested by the Wiki than just any old frame on half at least.

While I was grinding heavily, I had a fresh Rhino crafted, (I got rhino prime when he was unvaulted a long while back so I never farmed normal rhino) no mods and took him into the mobile area control test that used vertical areas and scrambled around dodging until I could use iron skin 🤣

• Like 2

ivara with infiltrate is the obvious answer here. just walk around and shoot....lasers might as well not even be there.

i bet titania would let you fly and avoid the lasers.

rhinos iron skin will protect you

use ember to kill the dudes from far away

take any frame at all....and a cedo....just walk around the platform in the same direction as the lasers and use cedos alt fire so you dont even have to aim.

thats just off the top of my head....there are a lot of ways to do this

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McCIoud said:

While I was grinding heavily, I had a fresh Rhino crafted, (I got rhino prime when he was unvaulted a long while back so I never farmed normal rhino) no mods and took him into the mobile area control test that used vertical areas and scrambled around dodging until I could use iron skin 🤣

xD like me with Nova. Loved her look.. not a Scooby what to do. Not so much a scrub since a friend explained Slowva and Speedva but it was kinda funny to look back on xD

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

ivara with infiltrate is the obvious answer here. just walk around and shoot....lasers might as well not even be there.

i bet titania would let you fly and avoid the lasers.

rhinos iron skin will protect you

use ember to kill the dudes from far away

take any frame at all....and a cedo....just walk around the platform in the same direction as the lasers and use cedos alt fire so you dont even have to aim.

thats just off the top of my head....there are a lot of ways to do this

I did it with an Ember and Ignis Wraith, regular Ignis will do and pop it Sinister Range- made the mission laughable as I didn't have Infiltrate on Ivara at the time :)

• Like 1

Honestly for this test any frame will do fine. You just need to walk just behind the laser as it moves in front of you, shooting things. If you need to stop to aim, you can easily run to catch up with the laser  as long as you don't take too long. Take a good long-range rifle that can easily blast the enemies.  Ultimately this is a test of being able to walk and chew gum at the same time 😮

On 2021-09-16 at 7:26 AM, (NSW)Greybones said:

The MR 30 test intrigues me greatly, and is honestly kind of the main reason I'm slowely ranking up

MR30 was easy with Wukong. The issue with the test is that people think its a survival test, and it isn't. Forget collecting the life support - splat the trashmobs with an AoE weapon to get the drops but primarily focus on killing the targets instead, you'll pick up the life support as you go. The biggest problem (for me at least) is that once you kill a wave of targets you have to activate the towers, and of course, some of them are far away on a floating platform almost too far to jump unless you get it spot on, or have special frame parkour power or whatever - frankly screw that. Cloud walk to them. That's why I used Wukong.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Honestly for this test any frame will do fine. You just need to walk just behind the laser as it moves in front of you, shooting things. If you need to stop to aim, you can easily run to catch up with the laser  as long as you don't take too long. Take a good long-range rifle that can easily blast the enemies.  Ultimately this is a test of being able to walk and chew gum at the same time 😮

MR30 was easy with Wukong. The issue with the test is that people think its a survival test, and it isn't. Forget collecting the life support - splat the trashmobs with an AoE weapon to get the drops but primarily focus on killing the targets instead, you'll pick up the life support as you go. The biggest problem (for me at least) is that once you kill a wave of targets you have to activate the towers, and of course, some of them are far away on a floating platform almost too far to jump unless you get it spot on, or have special frame parkour power or whatever - frankly screw that. Cloud walk to them. That's why I used Wukong.

Titania, Razorwing. No need for Cloud Walking when she can mow enemies down and drop out just to tag towers. Not saying your way doesn't work just that there are other frames that also can do it as well :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Thanks for the info, but I’m not interested in skipping the MR 30 test

edit: Though if it’s too hard I may consider it. I don’t have Wukong at the moment, but I expect I will by time I hit 30

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Thanks for the info, but I’m not interested in skipping the MR 30 test

edit: Though if it’s too hard I may consider it. I don’t have Wukong at the moment, but I expect I will by time I hit 30

I feel Wukong is waaay overrated- for majority posts in here people asking for help with something; someone somewhere will say Wukong. I find him boring and nowhere near as "all-that" as our fellow players make him out to be but try him yourself and see what you feel- that's the only player who matters really is yourself :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I feel Wukong is waaay overrated- for majority posts in here people asking for help with something; someone somewhere will say Wukong. I find him boring and nowhere near as "all-that" as our fellow players make him out to be but try him yourself and see what you feel- that's the only player who matters really is yourself :)

HARD same. 

I don't enjoy him at all. I could barely rank up my Wukong. So boring to play. I'd rather go watch a video of someone eating food that I can't have. Or watch paint dry. Or shave my face with a rusty razor. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Wukong is very versatile. For most things there are better choices, but for most things he is top 5ish. But, it doesn't matter how good a frame is if you just don't like to play it.

• Like 2